Ace-is-high

Jaren Jackson the X factor

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

That’s what I am thinking. Give me 36 solid minutes of Jontay.

Twin towers with him and Jaren — they can do everything but rebound and play physical!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

 

No smiling, no fancy clothes, no bling, no Instragram.

But it won't be enough for some here. Doubt anything will.

BTW, his handles are looking good, and I liked his up, under and up in the post. He needs to use this move more because he can do it quite well, and with his height its either an open shot from close, or a trip to the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I believe so but i am just going by the post dates of those vids.  Regardless of the timing intricacies - that proves that he puts in work during offseason.   

 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:08 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I stand corrected.  Like i said i was looking at the vid post dates.  So it shows that when he got an opportunity to workout he did improve.  that is more good news for Jaren fans. 

In other words, as long as someone can post a video it is good news no matter what people actually see on the court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

 

In other words, as long as someone can post a video it is good news no matter what people actually see on the court. 

You are one of the antijaren cheerleaders that have insinuated he doesn't put in work.   The Vids prove you wrong.  Whenever he was healthy he did put in the work.   Just except your L and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You are one of the antijaren cheerleaders that have insinuated he doesn't put in work.   The Vids prove you wrong.  Whenever he was healthy he did put in the work.   Just except your L and move on. 

Cmon now, there is levels to work ethic. Every NBA player has some video of them out there training.  I have seen young players who do nothing but stay in the gym but rarely get better. Just being there and doing some drills does nothing. 

Like it or not Chip has a valid point.  The results are all you can speak on and to this day he has not improved on BASIC areas of the game that 95% of NBA bigs are atleast competent at (fouling and rebounding).  His overall arsenal doesn't appear any better after 3 years. He may actually be trying, working on his game and it's just not working out, however, it's not unreasonable to question how dedicated is he to improving.  It could be lack of work ethic or it could be just not clicking.  However, he clearly has an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore offseason workout videos. Especially ignore offseason workout videos where the trainer talks and dribbles half the time, like the silly one that Big Al posted just above, and have the facility name or trainer name emblazoned on the actual 90 second video for marketing. 

But just ignore them, they are utterly meaningless. 

Chad Ford was just laughing on his pod about a clip he recently looked at that had Rich Paul clients Ben Simmons and Dejounte Murray burying 3 point shot after 3 point shot prior to the '16 draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You are one of the antijaren cheerleaders that have insinuated he doesn't put in work.   The Vids prove you wrong.  Whenever he was healthy he did put in the work.   Just except your L and move on. 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Cmon now, there is levels to work ethic. Every NBA player has some video of them out there training.  I have seen young players who do nothing but stay in the gym but rarely get better. Just being there and doing some drills does nothing. 

Like it or not Chip has a valid point.  The results are all you can speak on and to this day he has not improved on BASIC areas of the game that 95% of NBA bigs are atleast competent at (fouling and rebounding).  His overall arsenal doesn't appear any better after 3 years. He may actually be trying, working on his game and it's just not working out, however, it's not unreasonable to question how dedicated is he to improving.  It could be lack of work ethic or it could be just not clicking.  However, he clearly has an issue. 

nah Chip was saying Jaren was on publicity tours and shopping.  He literally was saying Jaren doesn't do anything in the off season to improve.    Posters also underestimate how having 2 huge growth spurts can slowdown his development.   Then i also don't understand how Posters can ignore his improvement from rookie to sophmore season.   

Do ppl understand that this isnt NBA2K where you can just bump up the skillpoints and see immediate results?     It can take a few offseasons before results are visible.  That isnt unheard of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

nah Chip was saying Jaren was on publicity tours and shopping.  He literally was saying Jaren doesn't do anything in the off season to improve.    Posters also underestimate how having 2 huge growth spurts can slowdown his development.   Then i also don't understand how Posters can ignore his improvement from rookie to sophmore season.   

Do ppl understand that this isnt NBA2K where you can just bump up the skillpoints and see immediate results?     It can take a few offseasons before results are visible.  That isnt unheard of. 

Show me where I said “Jaren doesn’t do anything in the off-season.” If I literally said it you should be able to find it.

I believe I have said repeatedly that he hasn’t worked enough on the areas of his game he is weak at. I never said he didn’t work out. 
 

You have some videos over a few years. How many days were taken to make those videos? Was it 5? Was it 10? I sincerely doubt it was all summer like he has done so far this summer. 

Jaren did publicity tours after his rookie season. He was in Vegas when we won the summer league but he wasn’t working out with the team. That is a fact. We all saw him not playing but sitting on the sidelines. 

A few videos don’t prove he is working on improving his game. If he has been working out and not improving then perhaps Slim is correct and we need to trade him while his value is highest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Show me where I said “Jaren doesn’t do anything in the off-season.” If I literally said it you should be able to find it.

I believe I have said repeatedly that he hasn’t worked enough on the areas of his game he is weak at. I never said he didn’t work out. 
 

You have some videos over a few years. How many days were taken to make those videos? Was it 5? Was it 10? I sincerely doubt it was all summer like he has done so far this summer. 

Jaren did publicity tours after his rookie season. He was in Vegas when we won the summer league but he wasn’t working out with the team. That is a fact. We all saw him not playing but sitting on the sidelines. 

A few videos don’t prove he is working on improving his game. If he has been working out and not improving then perhaps Slim is correct and we need to trade him while his value is highest.

and how long does an event last? the whole off season?...going by your logic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2021 at 3:28 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yeah, right behind Jontay Porter. 

 

On 7/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, ALT GRIND said:

So we should build around Jontay Porter?  

 

22 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

That’s what I am thinking. Give me 36 solid minutes of Jontay.

lmao...yep they move JV for jontay can start

ja/db/slowmo/3js/jontayP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

happy to see jjj working. I’ve said repeatedly: please young man, prove me wrong. 
I’m a griz fan, not a player fan. I truly don’t have an agenda with jjj. it’s just my read on him. 
 

go griz. 
 

slim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

happy to see jjj working. I’ve said repeatedly: please young man, prove me wrong. 
I’m a griz fan, not a player fan. I truly don’t have an agenda with jjj. it’s just my read on him. 
 

go griz. 
 

slim. 

When we drafted him I wasn't happy about but once I really saw him I realized his full potential. Imho just getting the reps in live action will help him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

When we drafted him I wasn't happy about but once I really saw him I realized his full potential. Imho just getting the reps in live action will help him

I'm just the opposite. When we drafted him, I was thrilled. Now, not so much. Dreaming of unrealized potential for years is a dangerous thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now