Ace-is-high

Jaren Jackson the X factor

6 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

I thought the thigh bruise was the same injury Khawi Leonard had? If you read up on that he must definitely couldn’t play on that

That’s what I am thinking too.  Similar injury.  A soft tissue one that gets tricky.  

13 hours ago, King Dork said:

Y’all joke about giving him close to the max, I’d give him just under the Max right now and not blink. Chances are you’re going to have to give him the full Max next summer, so take the discount. 

If Jaren improves enough that it's unquestionable that we have to give him the Max, I'd happy as a pig in ****! That would mean that we are better as a team and we have a true blue number 2. 

I just don't want to give an often injured, cannot be counted on due to fouls player the Max. That would handcuff the franchise moving forward. Injured or not my biggest concern with Jaren is his lack of ability to stay on the floor. He hasn't learnt to play without fouling and this goes back to his college days. He just can't be counted on. 

If Jaren truly comes back next season plays over 70 games, at 30 mins per game with under 4.5 fouls per 36 and averages 20/7/3.5stocks on above 47/38/75%s with good switchable defense, I'd say pay the man happily! 

13 hours ago, King Dork said:

Y’all joke about giving him close to the max, I’d give him just under the Max right now and not blink. Chances are you’re going to have to give him the full Max next summer, so take the discount. 

Dork also told us how great Justise was for about two months on the Justise? thread. I think we have a pretty good idea of his player analysis skills.  

And yes, giving Jaren close to the max is a joke. 

5 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

If Jaren truly comes back next season plays over 70 games, at 30 mins per game with under 4.5 fouls per 36 and averages 20/7/3.5stocks on above 47/38/75%s with good switchable defense, I'd say pay the man happily! 

Been saying this to toocool every time he asks for realistic Jaren expectations, and he acts like no one has responded to his query.

Except 20 & 8 and play 70 games. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Dork also told us how great Justise was for about two months on the Justise? thread. I think we have a pretty good idea of his player analysis skills.  

Yeah, I stated early that we should cut bait with Justise he kept going back and forth with me until he got testy.

He then switched his stance. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Yeah, I stated early that we should cut bait with Justise he kept going back and forth with me until he got testy.

I just bumped one of his many, many taunting pro-Justise posts. 

Said it many times about Dork types, their scouting ends on draft day. 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Been saying this to toocool every time he asks for realistic Jaren expectations, and he acts like no one has responded to his query.

Except 20 & 8 and play 70 games. 

I actually said you and chip gave me a reasonable statline earlier but sure. Not everyone will give a definitive answer

23 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I just don't get it. Mike Conley is considered one of the greatest Grizz players with career averages of 14 and 5 but a 21 year old averaging 15 and 4 is below average. It's one thing to be concerned about his injuries, that's a very valid argument, it's another to expect unrealistic/ unreasonable expectations. I have seen some of the Jaren's naysayers post numbers i can agree with as far as real expectations, j crew and chip to name a few

@The J Crew

jjj could have the same ppg and I’d be happy. I want to see him be able to stay on the court by cutting down fouls. I think he could be a great help side defender and improve upon his bpg. 

slim. 

2 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

jjj could have the same ppg and I’d be happy. I want to see him be able to stay on the court by cutting down fouls. I think he could be a great help side defender and improve upon his bpg. 

slim. 

This and stay healthy! I know its out of his control but man

got a question and no, I’m not knocking jjj. if we could use jjj to flip into a pick this year…what # pick would it take for you to be ok with the deal?

slim. 

34 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

got a question and no, I’m not knocking jjj. if we could use jjj to flip into a pick this year…what # pick would it take for you to be ok with the deal?

slim. 

I would want either Green or Mobley.  Maybe Suggs but I am not sure.  

36 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

A bit tricky since 3 of the top 4 guys are projected as more of PG/SG types. I think realistically, nobody in the top 5 would trade their pick for JJJ and for me the 6th pick wouldn't be enough for me to entertain swapping out JJJ.

I

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

If Jaren was a prospect in this draft where would he be ranked ?

5 hours ago, The J Crew said:

5 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Actually never switched my stance. Justise is a good nba player, and could be exactly what this team needs except we currently have Kyle Anderson playing the exact same role. No space for them both, just like there’s no space for Melton and Grayson, so you have to pick one and I personally would pick Kyle.

But let’s not act like Justise at the end of last season was the real Justise on the court. If you say he’s hurt too much I’ll agree because he’s had some serious injuries, but when he’s healthy he’s a starting level or early bench player. 

But thanks for confirming you can’t really argue with the Jaren takes anymore so you’ve decided to switch subjects. I’ll take this W

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

Whatever pick that got me Jalen Green. Not really sure Mobley is better than Jaren but Cade and Green are in my book. 

I wouldn't trade Jaren for a completely unproven player. We all know he's at least a starter level pf in the NBA, but until they play a game, it's no telling what these guys in the draft are. 

I asked the question to see what the other side of the jjj debate values him at currently. I believe, if you look above at the answers, we can now affirm that both sides are a tad unrealistic. just my take. 

toocool…I hope that we’ve determined that he’s a starting pf, but has his injuries really allowed us to determine that? when healthy and not on the bench due to fouls, the young man can play- absolutely agree. 

if y’all recall, we recently reviewed his draft class and pretty much agreed that he wouldn’t be top 4 again in his own class. yet, some now believe he’s worth a top 3 pick in a very good draft. 

slim. 

19 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

I asked the question to see what the other side of the jjj debate values him at currently. I believe, if you look above at the answers, we can now affirm that both sides are a tad unrealistic. just my take. 

toocool…I hope that we’ve determined that he’s a starting pf, but has his injuries really allowed us to determine that? when healthy and not on the bench due to fouls, the young man can play- absolutely agree. 

if y’all recall, we recently reviewed his draft class and pretty much agreed that he wouldn’t be top 4 again in his own class. yet, some now believe he’s worth a top 3 pick in a very good draft. 

slim. 

Yes. Because it’s unlikely that any of these players will do what he has already done assuming he can stay healthy. I don’t think Cade or Jalen Green can fail, just me personally. But every other guy I can see washing out of the league. There are only 2 sure things, and my confidence in Jaren to improve his skill is high. High enough that I would say assuming health he will score over 20 ppg this season and keep the efficiency he has displayed prior. 

With that said, He’s your 3rd option if you win a championship. Cade and Jalen Green have a chance to be 1’s or 2’s and I’d rather have my 1 & 2 in Ja and one of them than my 1 & 3 searching for a 2. 

But as for the rest of this draft a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. 

(Yes I know we can’t assume health with Jaren. But I’m willing to roll the dice with him in the 4th year of a rookie contract to see if he can turn the corner health wise)

Just now, My man Allen said:

Is there anymore clips of our players offseason workouts? I can’t ever find anything 

There are a few of Justise. Ja is like a ghost in the off-season, I saw a video of him running on a treadmill lol. But for the most part no. Doesn’t appear they are into the publicizing their training kick like some players.  

12 minutes ago, King Dork said:

There are a few of Justise. Ja is like a ghost in the off-season, I saw a video of him running on a treadmill lol. But for the most part no. Doesn’t appear they are into the publicizing their training kick like some players.  

15 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

Is there anymore clips of our players offseason workouts? I can’t ever find anything 

Ja posted one on his IG page a week ago. Jaren isn't as active so most of his videos are posted by the actual trainers