Ace-is-high

Jaren Jackson the X factor

This is his time to show out, if he's got any kind of dawg in him this is the time.. have my doubts, prove us doubters wrong Jaren!

P.s. I wish my spell check would quit trying to call him Karen, kind of a bad omen 

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2021/5/23/22449161/jaren-jackson-jr-will-be-the-x-factor-against-the-jazz-memphis-grizzlies-nba-playoffs

1 hour ago, Ace-is-high said:

This is his time to show out, if he's got any kind of dawg in him this is the time.. have my doubts, prove us doubters wrong Jaren!

P.s. I wish my spell check would quit trying to call him Karen, kind of a bad omen 

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2021/5/23/22449161/jaren-jackson-jr-will-be-the-x-factor-against-the-jazz-memphis-grizzlies-nba-playoffs

I think he needs to play the 5 a lot so he can drag Gobert 25 feet from the basket.  That would also open up the lane for Ja’s suicide dives.

1 hour ago, Ace-is-high said:

Yeah, he is a key factor on how we perform. He has to step up and make his shots from the perimeter. If he doesn't, the paint is gonna be pretty clogged down low for Ja and Jonas to operate

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

I think he needs to play the 5 a lot so he can drag Gobert 25 feet from the basket.  That would also open up the lane for Ja’s suicide dives.

JV ain't no slouch from 3 either,  think pulling gobert away might be the game plan

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah, he is a key factor on how we perform. He has to step up and make his shots from the perimeter. If he doesn't, the paint is gonna be pretty clogged down low for Ja and Jonas to operate

Yep! Ja's shot as well for the same reasons, if Ja hits a few 3's pulls out Conley or whoever guards him, if he's bricking them paint will be packed

I may be in the minority on this but I disagree. We have a good thing going with Ja, JV and Dillon being the focal points of the offense. I do t think we rock the boat here. Next season when we have a full off-season and training camp we’ll see what Jaren really can do, but these playoffs I expect him to be a complementary piece. 

If he surprises me I’m very willing to be pleasantly surprised. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

I may be in the minority on this but I disagree. We have a good thing going with Ja, JV and Dillon being the focal points of the offense. I do t think we rock the boat here. Next season when we have a full off-season and training camp we’ll see what Jaren really can do, but these playoffs I expect him to be a complementary piece. 

Well we saw the future on Fri nite if Ja can reliably punish defenses who wanna lay off him. Jaren making shots at a good clip relieves pressure on Dillon having to come up with make-or-break points when he's getting gassed chasing down their main man

3 minutes ago, King Dork said:

This might be the voice of reason, I think he starts but the first one off the floor if he's looking lost on defense

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

Well we saw the future on Fri nite if Ja can reliably punish defenses who wanna lay off him. Jaren making shots at a good clip relieves pressure on Dillon having to come up with make-or-break points when he's getting gassed chasing down their main man

I see him more as a floor spacer only than an Xfactor this post season. He can play that floor spacer role and be valuable, just not the focal point. 

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Looking like Mitchell is out tonight, Dillon might not be run too hard tonight

6 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I see him more as a floor spacer only than an Xfactor this post season. He can play that floor spacer role and be valuable, just not the focal point. 

5 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

Looking like Mitchell is out tonight, Dillon might not be run too hard tonight

Agreed with both.

Well, halfway thru 2Q, the X factor is -13, has no points and no rebounds.

sit him, coach, he's lost out there. Give BC a chance.

JJJ, needs to be on the bench n the 2H and play with the second unit. Start Bane, slide DB down to the 3 and SloMo to the 4.

Dude has not been in rhythm since he came back. Trying to force him into a rhythm during the playoffs is not a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

JJJ, needs to be on the bench n the 2H and play with the second unit. Start Bane, slide DB down to the 3 and SloMo to the 4.

Dude has not been in rhythm since he came back. Trying to force him into a rhythm during the playoffs is not a good thing.

I actually like him starting but they shouldnt force his shoots

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

I actually like him starting but they shouldnt force his shoots

Well sitting him against GS worked. He's not in any type of rhythm out there. When JV was on the bench, he didn't do anything to elevate his game. He's not contributing right now and is trying to do too much imo. He won't be benched for the 2H but he should be. Gotta look forward to next season with him.

I'm ready to move on from JJJ.

These playoff/in games have exposed the softness that we've all been willing to overlook because he's so insanely talented.

Dangle him to one of those trash high-lottery teams who would be more than happy to give him time to figure out how to use all that talent, and go get a stud wing who isn't soft.

I don't like his body language. I don't like the pouting when things aren't copacetic for him. I can look the other way in the regular season, but this is playoff basketball.

You can always improve your game, but you can't fix soft.

bane and allen and the bench in general are the x-factors.  anything jaren gives us is will be icing.  just want him to take smart shots and rebound/defend.  that's all he should focus on.

Jaren started real bad but steadied himself after his 4th foul. Remember he's barely back from almost a year out. Cut him some slack.

We're gonna need him for the conference finals and beyond.

34 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'm ready to move on from JJJ.

These playoff/in games have exposed the softness that we've all been willing to overlook because he's so insanely talented.

Dangle him to one of those trash high-lottery teams who would be more than happy to give him time to figure out how to use all that talent, and go get a stud wing who isn't soft.

I don't like his body language. I don't like the pouting when things aren't copacetic for him. I can look the other way in the regular season, but this is playoff basketball.

You can always improve your game, but you can't fix soft.

I tend to agree Jaren still has the same flaws and quirks from his rookie year. He still moves like a baby giraffe on the court still fouls too much and doesn’t rebound and now he’s added forcing bad shots to the list. Jaren has all the potential in the world but does he have the mindset to put in the work and realize it? I’m not certain about that. 

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

Jaren started real bad but steadied himself after his 4th foul. Remember he's barely back from almost a year out. Cut him some slack.

It shouldn’t take 4 fouls for him to realize he needs to play smarter on the court. The he’s missed almost a whole season excuses doesn’t really apply to his two major flaws Rebounding and Fouling both of those things are mostly mental and effort and you don’t have to have on court time for that.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We might need to use Jaren off the bench to match up with Favors.  He also would give us our best post up threat off the bench.  Jaren doesn't really have anyone to guard (Utah's starters) if he plays at the 4 -- and not a lot of shots to go around on a team with Ja/Dillon/JV.  Kyle doesn't take a ton of shots but he needs the ball.  Start either Bane or Grayson for added shooting and floor spacing.  ... also, if Jaren comes off the bench at the 5 then that makes BC playable at the 4.  

16 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I'm happy to grant that he's rusty but it feels more like all of my worst fears about him are playing out.

I'm not so sure he'll get much better than he is right now.

I can see a dark path where he gets manhandled by bruising bigs but doesn't have the ball skills or stealth to make up for it as a unicorn type -- like NDQ said above the way he moves hasn't changed and that might be what's most alarming.

Do we wanna pay that kind of player a max contract?

This series will be very telling on whether he's a core piece or a distraction, if he can't start impossing his will for at least small stratches at some point then a draft night trade would be ideal, before his trade value is gone

22 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

?