Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies - 5/19/21

4 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I just want everyone to know, that I did a pretty tough Ab workout yesterday, and I'm listing myself as questionable as well for viewing tonight's game for the same reason given for Grayson Allen 

If Grayson is healthy i think he should start.  

Ja/Tyus

Grayson/Melton

Dillon/Bane

Jaren/Kyle

Jonas/Tillman

Give Melt and Bane the short leash and Tyus few minutes.   I think moving Kyle to the bench will help get them sparked again along with Tillman being backup 5 to keep Jaren at the 4.    Grayson gets the nod because against a Pops team WE WILL NEED SPACING.   Ja and Jonas will not have any daylight in the paint.   Spurs play alot of wings so no reason to have Kyle at the 3.  

On 5/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, chipc3 said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if the season ticket holders don't buy up every available seat so no San Antonio fans are in the arena! 

Still plenty of tickets available.  I wish they had done a few 3 person pods or even had a couple single tickets.

I think that businesses are not only still recovering, but probably very few businesses kept their tickets this year means there will be a lot more available tickets than expected.

23 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I just want everyone to know, that I did a pretty tough Ab workout yesterday, and I'm listing myself as questionable as well for viewing tonight's game for the same reason given for Grayson Allen 

Thank you for your sacrifice. 

The NBA official injury report for both games tonight

05/19/2021 - 07:30 (ET) SAS@MEM

Memphis Grizzlies:  Allen, Grayson - Questionable;  McDermott, Sean - Out

San Antonio Spurs: Jeffries, DaQuan - Out, Lyles, Trey - Questionable; Samanic, Luka - Out; White, Derrick - Out

10:00 (ET) GSW@LAL

Golden State Warriors: Lee, Damion - Out; Oubre Jr., Kelly - Out; Thompson, Klay - Out; Wiseman, James - Out;

Los Angeles Lakers: Davis, Anthony - Questionable; James, LeBron - Probable

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Feed Jonas in the paint. Feed Jonas in the paint. Feed Jonas in the paint. 

Don't settle for the easy threes. They are fool's gold and exactly what San Antonio wants you to do. Feed the ball down low and pound them into submission. Poetl and Dieng won't be able to stop him. 

^This^

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You and Grayson worked your abs out together???  :blink:

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Still plenty of tickets available.  I wish they had done a few 3 person pods or even had a couple single tickets.

I think that businesses are not only still recovering, but probably very few businesses kept their tickets this year means there will be a lot more available tickets than expected.

I just heard the Grizzlies are giving tickets to employees to fill the house. Such a sad statement about the city's support of the Grizzlies. 

15 hours ago, lions said:

Still waiting from our Friend I LOVE JV to correct me. Have Not see him for almost a WEEK  Hoping He is  WELL .

I’m A AMERICAN I bleed RED WHITE and BLUE.  something is WRONG with me but I can’t afford the COPAY to see my DOCTOR

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I just heard the Grizzlies are giving tickets to employees to fill the house. Such a sad statement about the city's support of the Grizzlies. 

I think people realize Grizzlies go as far as Grayson Allen can take them and him being questionable makes the fans questionable 

15 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I think people realize Grizzlies go as far as Grayson Allen can take them and him being questionable makes the fans questionable 

You've been questionable all season, but it's entertaining.

19 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

We were gunning for the championship and then he got hit with the gut soreness. Just our luck.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

You've been questionable all season, but it's entertaining.

I assumed he was joking. Some crazy takes on the old blog today. 

52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Kayfabe is dead...  The NBA is still real to fewer and fewer people.  Sports entertainment refs... most of the year looks like ABA high light reel outtakes and health/safety/masking stuff at the arena doesn't sound too fun.  The team needs to tell people that it's safe to eat and drink at the game and we can still cuss out the refs.  Give this game a real studio rasslin' vibe.

Oh, and supposedly Las Vegas and Seattle are getting expansion teams.  So the league can't hold that over our heads -- unless they threaten to relocate us to Nashville, Louisville, or St. Louis or something. 

6 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Kayfabe is dead...  The NBA is still real to fewer and fewer people.  Sports entertainment refs... most of the year looks like ABA high light reel outtakes and health/safety/masking stuff at the arena doesn't sound too fun.  The team needs to tell people that it's safe to eat and drink at the game and we can still cuss out the refs.  Give this game a real studio rasslin' vibe.

Oh, and supposedly Las Vegas and Seattle are getting expansion teams.  So the league can't hold that over our heads -- unless they threaten to relocate us to Nashville, Louisville, or St. Louis or something. 

Are some of you guys drinking already to get ready for tonight's game?

Kayfabe?

Trading Kyle for nothing to dump his modest contract?

Fans aren't buying tickets because Grayson Allen is questionable?

I checked the calendar, it's not April Fools. Has to be alcohol. 

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Kayfabe?

Fans  aren't buying tickets because Grayson Allen is questionable?

Of course they have been drinking spending their money on booze- otherwise, Subliminal could afford the co-pay.   ?    By game time, they will asking how many touchdowns does Jaren have?

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Kayfabe?

Fans aren't buying tickets because Grayson Allen is questionable?

emperor_of_catkind.jpg?w=584

11 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Do you really believe that fans stopped buying tickets because there is a rumor that the league may be expanding so people in Memphis no longer feel they have to buy tickets? 

If so then this city is worse than I originally believed as a sports town. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Do you really believe that fans stopped buying tickets because there is a rumor that the league may be expanding so people in Memphis no longer feel they have to buy tickets? 

If so then this city is worse than I originally believed as a sports town. 

If only there was a more likely reason for fans to buy less tickets...

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Yes, every fan knows that in Memphis, 99% of the time you can walk up to the box office and get a ticket, so there is no urgency.  

I also wish though that if it were possible to get 3 tickets, it is either communicated to do walk up or contact someone.

Unfortunately, I also think they overpriced what they thought another Spurs playoff-type game would be worth and didn't factor in that demand would be lower still because a lot of people still aren't comfortable going out and SOME businesses aren't buying tickets right now.

12 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes, every fan knows that in Memphis, 99% of the time you can walk up to the box office and get a ticket, so there is no urgency.  

I also wish though that if it were possible to get 3 tickets, it is either communicated to do walk up or contact someone.

Unfortunately, I also think they overpriced what they thought another Spurs playoff-type game would be worth and didn't factor in that demand would be lower still because a lot of people still aren't comfortable going out and SOME businesses aren't buying tickets right now.

In other words, Memphis is a bad sports town that takes what it has for granted.