chipc3

San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies - 5/19/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, May 19 6:30 PM

Memphis Grizzlies at San Antonio Spurs

Television: NBATV. Bally SportsSouth

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Assumed Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Jr Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Jr. 202685.png

Spurs Assumed Starting 5

Dejounte Murray Lonnie Walker IV DeMar DeRozan Keldon Johnson Jacob Poetl
1627749.png
Lonnie Walker IV
201942.png Keldon Johnson
Jakob Poeltl

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen (INJ), Desmond Bane, Brandon Clarke, Tim Frazier, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2-way), De'Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie (2-way), Xavier Tillman, Justise Winslow 

San Antonio: Keita Bates-Diop, Gorgui Dieng, Drew Eubanks, Rudy Gay, Tre Jones, Trey Lyles, Patty Mills, Cameron Reynolds, Luka Samanic, Devin Vassell, Derrick White, Quinndary Weatherspoon,  

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Spurs: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yaho
o

Revenge games for the following:
Rudy Gay, Gorgui Dieng, Kyle Anderson, Taylor Jenkins, Tre Jones (for something his older brother did to him probably), and the ghosts of DeMarre Carroll, Tyler Zeller, Dante Cunningham, Pau Gasol, JaMychal Green and Quincy Pondexter).

From the Commercial Appeal :

“The Grizzlies announced tickets will go on sale Tuesday at 2 p.m. Presale for MVP Season Ticket members starts at 9 a.m. Details will be shared Monday regarding increased capacity, the team announced. 
The Grizzlies host the San Antonio Spurs at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN.
Fans must wear proper face masks inside FedExForum except while eating or drinking in their seats. The Grizzlies will continue to use mobile ticketing, contactless transactions at concessions stands and X-ray machines for all bags allowed inside.”

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

From the Commercial Appeal :

“The Grizzlies announced tickets will go on sale Tuesday at 2 p.m. Presale for MVP Season Ticket members starts at 9 a.m. Details will be shared Monday regarding increased capacity, the team announced. 
The Grizzlies host the San Antonio Spurs at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN.
Fans must wear proper face masks inside FedExForum except while eating or drinking in their seats. The Grizzlies will continue to use mobile ticketing, contactless transactions at concessions stands and X-ray machines for all bags allowed inside.”

I'd be pretty disappointed if the season ticket holders don't buy up every available seat so no San Antonio fans are in the arena! 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if the season ticket holders don't buy up every available seat so no San Antonio fans are in the arena! 

This will be a Good Test . don`t look at the spurs 33-39 POP will have this team really 

if the Grizzlies loss i will be very DISPORTANT 

Just now, The J Crew said:

That GREAT news they  will need that 

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Please remain PORTANT

sorry Disappointed i was looking for my Friend I LOVE JV to correct me BUT I have not see him around for over WEEK ,HOPE every thing is Well with Him 

Grizz announced THE RETURN OF THE GROWL TOWELS!!!

enough for one towel per properly socially distanced seat.

lets go

throw it up already

Ticket availability for the non season ticket holders starts at 2 PM TODAY!

I’m just about ready to head that way! 

11 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Ticket availability for the non season ticket holders starts at 2 PM TODAY!

I’m just about ready to head that way! 

Just sent you a message (so check).

There are still plenty of good seats available. Apparently the season ticket holders aren't buying up the tickets. 

Has it sunk in for anyone else that this might be the last time we see our Grizz until training camp? For all the criticizing, theorizing and analyzing we do here, it’s been awesome seeing these guys night in and night out and with everything going on in the world, Grizz basketball has been a nice outlet and escape for me personally. Win or lose tonight, I appreciate the heck out of this team and am excited about the future. 

Doesn’t seem like this game is garnering a lot of interest

10 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

The game is tomorrow.  The play-in game thread is a few pages long.  What else is there to say???

51 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I can't imagine there is a Spurs message board somewhere that is super excited to play Memphis either.

What's there to say about this game besides Pop is more experienced coach, their roster is more experienced, although not a ton of playoff experience, and this would be a small disappointment to lose.

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I can't imagine there is a Spurs message board somewhere that is super excited to play Memphis either.

What's there to say about this game besides Pop is more experienced coach, their roster is more experienced, although not a ton of playoff experience, and this would be a small disappointment to lose.

And the Spurs have lost 10 of their last 12.  So Spurs nation, if that exists, can't be too thrilled with how the team is playing. 

Not sure if any are watching the EC play-in, but in the Hornets v Pacers game, the young Hornets are getting blown out by the more experienced Pacers.  It's like the older team knows there is something on the line and the younger team looks just ready to be done with the season.

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Not sure if any are watching the EC play-in, but in the Hornets v Pacers game, the young Hornets are getting blown out by the more experienced Pacers.  It's like the older team knows there is something on the line and the younger team looks just ready to be done with the season.

Yeah, I just posted in the other thread. The very injured Pacers are teaching the inexperienced Hornets a lesson. Nothing like playoff intensity to see who can play, and how much better a young team needs to be.