Im a big Ja Morant fan, but both of those guys are great passers, bad defenders and great team leaders overall. Lamelo has more size and is a better shooter, I will rock with Ja and roll with what we will accomplish as a team  but Melo might become the better player, special if Ja doesn't work on his shooting.

11 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Im a big Ja Morant fan, but both of those guys are great passers, bad defenders and great team leaders overall. Lamelo has more size and is a better shooter, I will rock with Ja and roll with what we will accomplish as a team  but Melo might become the better player, special if Ja doesn't work on his shooting.

I think each player wins but maybe a little less than a Luka-led team but a bit more than a Zion-led team.  Playmakers win more, especially wings but legit point guards can win a lot too.  Will probably come down to supporting casts.

I would think that Luka/Zion/Ja/LaMelo are gonna be four of the top young guys in the league then be the IT players once they hit their prime.  

I would take either.  LaMelo has more size but Ja is more athletic.  Probably comes down to defense (as well as supporting cast).  

10 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Same level, Ja will be better if he improve his shoot.

Hey I will take ‘em BOTH.

I bet Ja will get his jumper. I feel like that's one of the only big things missing. 

5 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I bet Ja will get his jumper. I feel like that's one of the only big things missing. 

Me too, defense will be the difference of winning championships im talking about plural, but if Ja devolops his jumper and like @ALT GRIND said we have a good supporting cast around him, I bet we make it to the Nba Finals a couple of times. 

Lamelo size and already good jumper might make things easier for him, but if Ja works on his game he has a fair chance.

*sigh*

One more time, with feeling...

Ja Morant has been shooting better than 35% from 3 since the ASG. For the last 20 games, he's been shooting 38.8%.

Ion care nun bout Melo. I’m tryna put Lonzo next to Ja this off-season tho. Elite defender and passer, the upgrade to Kyle cause he can shoot

7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

*sigh*

One more time, with feeling...

Ja Morant has been shooting better than 35% from 3 since the ASG. For the last 20 games, he's been shooting 38.8%.

Still he isn't close to Melo with the jumpshot.  Ja just shoots when open and completely set.  Melo can spray it in motion off the dribble in your face. 

I've never understood these comparisons. What difference does it make who is better? Ja is on our team and I'm so grateful he is. Now, I might feel differently if I'd seen Zion play in Grizzlies blue for the last two years, but I'm thankful we got him over Zion. I think Ja is a winner and even though Zion is obviously a dominant force, I think Ja will have the better career. So let's just appreciate who we have.

7 hours ago, Dwash said:

Still he isn't close to Melo with the jumpshot.  Ja just shoots when open and completely set.  Melo can spray it in motion off the dribble in your face. 

Well of course but that's not the point. Posters keep banging on how Ja's shot is terrible and needs to improve and all that, and fail to acknowledge that he has improved significantly to the point that he's shooting better than NBA average from 3.

Sure, he can't fire at will from anywhere and probably won't ever be able to, but that's not the goal. He just needs to be a good enough shooter that defenders can't hang back and dare him to shoot and that will open driving lanes for him and passing opportunities for his teammates. 

Let's focus on improving his defense instead, which should also get better once he gets enough muscle to fight screens, but is still very subpar  

On the other hand, I haven't watched Lamelo enough to form an opinion, but I'd be very surprised if he has anything close to Ja's killer instinct.

Ja's shot is better recently now that he is letting it fly with more confidence.  IMO if the dude EVER reaaaaaalllly gets comfortable slinging it off the dribble from deep....rofl the league is hosed.

44 minutes ago, Gradey said:

Ja's shot is better recently now that he is letting it fly with more confidence.  IMO if the dude EVER reaaaaaalllly gets comfortable slinging it off the dribble from deep....rofl the league is hosed.

yup

Real talk.  I am seriously wondering if they should target Lonzo Ball in FA.   I would be willing to part with Melton in a S&T if we can get Lonzo.    Ja + Lonzo + DB + Jaren + Jonas lineup could be really formidable going forward. 

@ItIsWhatItIs may be on to something.

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Real talk.  I am seriously wondering if they should target Lonzo Ball in FA.   I would be willing to part with Melton in a S&T if we can get Lonzo.    Ja + Lonzo + DB + Jaren + Jonas lineup could be really formidable going forward. 

@ItIsWhatItIs may be on to something.

Sign him out right.  I want to keep Melton — especially if we can get Lonzo.  Lonzo and Melton can run the second unit.  Ja/Ball/Melton/Bane would be a really fun 4 guard rotation.  

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Sign him out right.  I want to keep Melton — especially if we can get Lonzo.  Lonzo and Melton can run the second unit.  Ja/Ball/Melton/Bane would be a really fun 4 guard rotation.  

Come on. Do you think Lonza, as an RFA, is going to sign in Memphis to play on the 2nd unit?

Lonzo is going to get a big offer. 4 years/$80M at least. Either staying with the Pels, or if he leaves, probably to go to the Bulls or the Knicks. Maybe even the Mavs. Knicks might make a run at Kyle Lowry first. 

Do we have the space?  I thought  We need to consolidate some pieces so Taylor won't run a 12 man rotation next season.   At least need to flip Grayson and Tyus in order to make sure Bane and Melt get to play. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Do we have the space?  I thought  We need to consolidate some pieces so Taylor won't run a 12 man rotation next season.   At least need to flip Grayson and Tyus in order to make sure Bane and Melt get to play. 

Yeah I mean we can’t resign Winslow and probably move the other two Dookies but it should be something we can pull off.  

I think that four guard rotation (Ja/Lonzo/Melton/Bane) with Dillon/Kyle/Jaren/Jonas/Clarke/X Man is the way to go.  Plus the picks... that’s 10 guys... so a first team and platoon for the second team or maybe you only play BC or X every night.... 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Come on. Do you think Lonza, as an RFA, is going to sign in Memphis to play on the 2nd unit?

Lonzo is going to get a big offer. 4 years/$80M at least. Either staying with the Pels, or if he leaves, probably to go to the Bulls or the Knicks. Maybe even the Mavs. Knicks might make a run at Kyle Lowry first. 

Id be willing to give him $20m (if we have the room). 

Ja/Melton

Lonzo/Bane

Dillon/Kyle

Jaren/BC

Jonas/Tillman

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

He can start at the 2.  Good 3 point shooter now, good ball handler, really good defender and great passer.  

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ja/Melton

Lonzo/Bane

Dillon/Kyle

Jaren/BC

Jonas/Tillman

Bingo.

He can start at the 2.  Good 3 point shooter now, good ball handler, really good defender and great passer.  

Basically he is younger version of Malcolm Brogdon with higher ceiling. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ja/Melton

Lonzo/Bane

Dillon/Kyle

Jaren/BC

Jonas/Tillman

I'll put it this way. If you were Lonzo and his agent, would you sign with a team with a young, franchise point guard on that roster? 

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

He's good. And he's not coming here.