I❤️JV

Fleecing Boston

Recommended Posts

Yes we got fleeced by Miami with Winslow...but we did fleeced Boston on a draft night. We gave Boston 14th pick who is a bust and acquired 30th pick who is in top 14 in 2020 NBA redraft by experts on Windhorse podcast.  

https://player.fm/featured/basketball

FULL 2020 Lottery REDRAFT

1 (3)  LaMelo Ball

2 (1) Anthony Edwards

3 (12) Tyrese Haliburton

4 (4) Patrick Williams

5 (19) Saddiq Bey

6 (9) Deni Avdija

7 (25) Immanuel Quickley

8 (5) Isaac Okoro

9 (11) Devin Vassell

10 (16) Isaiah Stewart

11 (2) James Wiseman

12 (6) Onyeka Okongwu

13 (30) Desmond Bane 

14 (28) Jaden McDaniels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

FO has done a great job with all of their picks so far.  Bane was a heckuva pickup and i think we have only scratched the surface of his potential. 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Yes we got fleeced by Miami with Winslow...but we did fleeced Boston on a draft night. We gave Boston 14th pick who is a bust and acquired 30th pick who is in top 14 in 2020 NBA redraft by experts on Windhorse podcast.  

https://player.fm/featured/basketball

FULL 2020 Lottery REDRAFT

1 (3)  LaMelo Ball

2 (1) Anthony Edwards

3 (12) Tyrese Haliburton

4 (4) Patrick Williams

5 (19) Saddiq Bey

6 (9) Deni Avdija

7 (25) Immanuel Quickley

8 (5) Isaac Okoro

9 (11) Devin Vassell

10 (16) Isaiah Stewart

11 (2) James Wiseman

12 (6) Onyeka Okongwu

13 (30) Desmond Bane 

14 (28) Jaden McDaniels

Desmond has been great.

Unpopular opinion - I think Nesmith is going to be good. Scored 15, 16 and 16 the last 3 games. Seems to be figuring it out. Shooting 38% from 3. Almost 7 foot wingspan, will be a good defender. 

Now Romeo Langord, who the Celts also took with the 14th pick the year before, the 2019 draft, he sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

We got lucky with Bane.

Not really, based on his prior body of work and where we were drafting it was a relatively safe pick. Mature player who maybe didn't have the highest ceiling but his floor was NBA rotation player. It was a good smart pick but lucky would have been if he had turned out to be like a Malcolm Brogdon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KyleB said:

Not really, based on his prior body of work and where we were drafting it was a relatively safe pick. Mature player who maybe didn't have the highest ceiling but his floor was NBA rotation player. It was a good smart pick but lucky would have been if he had turned out to be like a Malcolm Brogdon.

I really like him as a semi realistic trade target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I❤️JV said:

According to Woj Bjorkgren is probably gone in a summer.  

Yep. The players have hated him for a while. Been leaks before the big Woj story. I guess this Bjorkgren doesn't play nice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indiana has been a disappointment but I'm not sure they are desperate enough for a fire sale at this point. I think they listen to offers in the offseason but are probably not going to give him up for anything reasonable just yet. Maybe at the trade deadline next season if they are not in the playoff race. I think right now with the talent they have there is still hope that they can turn it around with a different coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KyleB said:

Indiana has been a disappointment but I'm not sure they are desperate enough for a fire sale at this point. I think they listen to offers in the offseason but are probably not going to give him up for anything reasonable just yet. Maybe at the trade deadline next season if they are not in the playoff race. I think right now with the talent they have there is still hope that they can turn it around with a different coach.

Kyle Melton and 1st should do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KyleB said:

Indiana has been a disappointment but I'm not sure they are desperate enough for a fire sale at this point. I think they listen to offers in the offseason but are probably not going to give him up for anything reasonable just yet.

No need to fire sale. Myles Turner was playing great, he got injured and will miss the rest of the year. TJ Warren will only play 4 games the whole season. The LeVert trade was a great trade for them.

They have a lot of talent. Maybe get a new coach and run it back next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I❤️JV said:

Kyle Melton and 1st should do it.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat, not sure Indiana would though and not sure they wont get a better offer from someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KyleB said:

I would do that deal in a heartbeat, not sure Indiana would though and not sure they wont get a better offer from someone else.

Indiana not going to tank and give up Brogdon for picks and fillers...Kyle (they badly need PF) and Melton are solid players on good contracts +1st rounder as a sweetener....win win deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

That trade makes us worse.   No deal.

Giving up 2 role players for a borderline all star (he deserved to make the team) does not make us worse. Jenkins doesn't even use Melton half the time anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KyleB said:

Giving up 2 role players for a borderline all star (he deserved to make the team) does not make us worse. Jenkins doesn't even use Melton half the time anyway.

  Raptor LEBRON Box Plus Minus Real Plus Minus
Player Off Defense Total Off Defense Total Off Defense Total Off Defense Total
Kyle Anderson +0.4 +1.9 +2.3 +0.13 +1.64 +1.77 +1.3 +1.7 +3.1 +0.14 +2.25 +2.39
De'Anthony Melton +0.7 +2.6 +3.3 +0.72 +0.97 +1.69 +1.1 +1.6 +2.7 +2.29 -1.50 +0.79
Malcolm Brogdon +1.7 -1.3 +0.4 +1.75 -0.68 +1.07 +2.9 -1.4 +1.5 +0.64 +1.45 +2.10

Malcolm Brogdon is a good player and one I'd like on the team; but not at the price of giving up Melton who is a great value for his contract and KA who has been our second best all-around player this season.    Even with good players around him (Domantas Sabonis, Myles Turnes, T.J. McConnell) Brogdon couldn't lead the Pacers to anything better than 9th in the East.  He's good but not great and he's already 28 so its not like he's getting any better.  I'd rather go after a great player like Jimmy Butler, KAT, or Bradley Beal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:
  Raptor LEBRON Box Plus Minus Real Plus Minus
Player Off Defense Total Off Defense Total Off Defense Total Off Defense Total
Kyle Anderson +0.4 +1.9 +2.3 +0.13 +1.64 +1.77 +1.3 +1.7 +3.1 +0.14 +2.25 +2.39
De'Anthony Melton +0.7 +2.6 +3.3 +0.72 +0.97 +1.69 +1.1 +1.6 +2.7 +2.29 -1.50 +0.79
Malcolm Brogdon +1.7 -1.3 +0.4 +1.75 -0.68 +1.07 +2.9 -1.4 +1.5 +0.64 +1.45 +2.10

Malcolm Brogdon is a good player and one I'd like on the team; but not at the price of giving up Melton who is a great value for his contract and KA who has been our second best all-around player this season.    Even with good players around him (Domantas Sabonis, Myles Turnes, T.J. McConnell) Brogdon couldn't lead the Pacers to anything better than 9th in the East.  He's good but not great and he's already 28 so its not like he's getting any better.  I'd rather go after a great player like Jimmy Butler, KAT, or Bradley Beal. 

Jimmy Butler, KAT, or Bradley Beal are very good/great players...but they are not really superstars...   I'd rather go after superstar like LeBron, Kawhi, KD Harden or Luka...i guess ...I would give 2 ....1sts and a second for Zion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Jimmy Butler, KAT, or Bradley Beal are very good/great players...but they are not really superstars...   I'd rather go after superstar like LeBron, Kawhi, KD Harden or Luka...i guess ...I would give 2 ....1sts and a second for Zion

I see what you did there but I'd argue we have the assets now to go over that tier of players I mentioned.  We can make a very attractive offer to any franchise ready to rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevofrommempho said:

I see what you did there but I'd argue we have the assets now to go over that tier of players I mentioned.  We can make a very attractive offer to any franchise ready to rebuild.

My point ...getting Jimmy Butler, KAT, or Bradley Beal is just as likely as LeBron, Kawhi, KD Harden or Luka...like 1 in a million...so if you feel there is a chance ....dream bigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

My point ...getting Jimmy Butler, KAT, or Bradley Beal is just as likely as LeBron, Kawhi, KD Harden or Luka...like 1 in a million...so if you feel there is a chance ....dream bigger. 

True. None of those guys are happening (I wouldn't want KAT to be one of my two highest paid guys, but that's beside the point.)

We have as much chance of getting those guys as another team has of trading for Ja right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

True. None of those guys are happening (I wouldn't want KAT to be one of my two highest paid guys, but that's beside the point.)

We have as much chance of getting those guys as another team has of trading for Ja right now.

The only player I would trade Ja for is Luka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now