Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors -5/16/21

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Truthfully I wouldn't mind calling Houston to see what they're looking for for Porter Jr. 

Yeah, that ain't happening. Not our kind of player, just look at what he did in Cleveland to get suspended if you doubt that. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yeah, that ain't happening. Not our kind of player, just look at what he did in Cleveland to get suspended if you doubt that. 

People can change, heck wasn't ZBO a part of the jailblazers? 

People can change, heck wasn't ZBO a part of the jailblazers? 

Kleiman ain't Wallace; Porter isn't what he is looking for. And why would Houston trade him anyway after their gamble paid off?

Just now, The J Crew said:

Kleiman ain't Wallace; Porter isn't what he is looking for. And why would Houston trade him anyway after their gamble paid off?

If you're a rebuilding team and you can acquire more assets you do what you gotta do

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

As far as the search function says, yes for a game thread. I don’t know how far back it searches though.

Thanks for checking.

If you're a rebuilding team and you can acquire more assets you do what you gotta do

Porter ain't it for us is all I'm saying.

Watching Steph hit the we believe warriors Baron Davis pull up the jersey move pretty much summed it up - he had to go deep in his bag for this win - and that’s what he did.

He was for real for real and our guys just weren’t ready…

Him and Dray were clicking - we need our whole squad to be on point in games like these.

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Its not like we have a ton of avenues to address our weaknesses, any team not willing to explore all of their options are doing themselves a disservice. I'm not saying pull the trigger, at least explore our options 

18 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

and X is absolutely a keeper over BC.  bigger, better defender, better shooter.

Being better than BC is a pretty low bar though , right?

4 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Watching Steph hit the we believe warriors Baron Davis pull up the jersey move pretty much summed it up - he had to go deep in his bag for this win - and that’s what he did.

He was for real for real and our guys just weren’t ready…

Him and Dray were clicking - we need our whole squad to be on point in games like these.

I think that's on Jenkins. He needs to be lighting fires under everyone's bums (Dillon and JV excluded).

26 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Changing the rotation and putting Jaren in with just 10 or so games is just a bad idea.

Maybe we just need to use him as our 6th man. Max out Dillon and Kyle (with Bane) as the starting trio along with Ja/JV.

Wiggins pulled a Wiggins and forgot to box out.

Dray let him know. On the floor. In real time.

Next trip down Wiggins got it in … I really think it’s because he was afraid of Dray.

2 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I think that's on Jenkins. He needs to be lighting fires under everyone's bums (Dillon and JV excluded).

Nope. 
Remember the epic thread we had where we discussed the actual importance of a coach?

When teams underperform - coach gets the axe- not the team.

Good players are able to dig deep within themselves and hold their teammates accountable- on the floor.

in real time.

honestly sometimes I wonder if coach can even force a player off the floor… I’ve seen a couple of wave offs in person.

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Maybe but he seems solid all around. He has a high IQ 

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Maybe we just need to use him as our 6th man. Max out Dillon and Kyle (with Bane) as the starting trio along with Ja/JV.

Nope.

Saying he’s not performing as he should, or as his talent suggests so we can just move him to the 6th man role sounds like failure.

Talent alone is not enough anymore.

Get it together or get out. Plain. Just like that.

11 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

true, but X has played well above that bar, especially for a rookie

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Maybe but he seems solid all around. He has a high IQ 

I hear you.

You and I have a high basketball IQs too… think we can beat any nba player?

Meet me at planet fitness- the one on Elvis Presley that used to be Ike’s - I have the black card - free guests! Let’s get to it!

???

1 minute ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hear you.

You and I have a high basketball IQs too… think we can beat any nba player?

Meet me at planet fitness- the one on Elvis Presley that used to be Ike’s - I have the black card - free guests! Let’s get to it!

???

In the plaza where Bert's use to be? My back too bad to try to play ball

44 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Changing the rotation and putting Jaren in with just 10 or so games is just a bad idea.

Hey costa some guys thrive on that situation, coming back we think 100% from injury, everybody excited on his return, potential to be a game changer for the grizz....his issue is between his ears and his heart...not surfing going hard in the gym during off-season is the answer..but wouldn’t hurt.

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

I experienced premature extrapolation. I may need to see the doctor.

No, that's only if you experience jiggy-ness lasting four hours.

Pete almost committed pre-mature jiggy-ness the other night.  He proclaimed "hammer-nail-coffin" and then the other team almost won it on a last second buzzer beater. 

8 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

In the plaza where Bert's use to be? My back too bad to try to play ball

Yup Bert’s 7 suits $45 , 3 free handkerchief and tie sets - and a gator belt to match the Stacy Adams!

???

15 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Nope. 
Remember the epic thread we had where we discussed the actual importance of a coach?

When teams underperform - coach gets the axe- not the team.

Good players are able to dig deep within themselves and hold their teammates accountable- on the floor.

in real time.

honestly sometimes I wonder if coach can even force a player off the floor… I’ve seen a couple of wave offs in person.

Yeah but good coaches (Pop, Spoeltra, Kerr 2015) can make adjustments, and aren't afraid to make them rather than just stick to a pre-conceived plan.

Someone said it at the very beginning of the thread before the game started Dillon gonna foul out guarding Steph. There was no plan B. Sure enough when Dillon fouled out, Curry hit 3 3s and it was lights out. Wiggins should have been gamed for. Kyle has been great this season but no way that was gonna work out. Then Melton's confidence is destroyed, Jaren being put in as a 5 with the backups etc etc

24 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Yup Bert’s 7 suits $45 , 3 free handkerchief and tie sets - and a gator belt to match the Stacy Adams!

???

?, I use to work there. It was a Chinese restaurant next door that was ?