Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors -5/16/21

4 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Ok, I'll ask the doctor about that too. Whatever that is. ?

Am I the only one who sees this commercial- constantly?

?

8 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Really the biggest decision we gotta make short term is BC or Xavier

I really like BC, but at this point I think X is better.

32 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Some of you guys are quickly dismissing the Spurs and looking past them. I for one think Pop will have them ready and they will want to avenge the blowout losses they had

15 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Tell em again Q…

Pops ain’t no punk coach.

After how many times has he taken us out to the woodshed …

Sleep on his Spurs if you want to 

Yeah, Grizzlies will be in real trouble Wednesday if us forum members don’t come prepared

i can't lie, dillon has grown on me strictly based on his effort and willingness to go out guns blazing on both sides of the ball.  JV always brings it.  ja and jaren are wannabe stars but are both too **** soft.  jaren still plays like he just started playing basketball 2 years ago; doesn't box out, doesn't like contact, doesn't rebound.  and ja completely sells out/doesn't try on defense, it's maddening.  and for the love of God, no more kyle at SF or JJJ at C.  BC needs to be on the trade block.

5 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I really like BC, but at this point I think X is better.

To me its not particularly close. Right now X is far superior in just about every way possible. IMO paying BC any significant amount of money would be a mistake. He should be the odd man out in our consolidation trade.

10 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Nah. Both on rookie contracts for years more. Don't have to make that decision anytime soon. 

But we may need to include one in a trade if necessary. Imho.if were making a trade to move up a team is going to want a decent player and imho BC might be the better sweetener 

2 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

i can't lie, dillon has grown on me strictly based on his effort and willingness to go out guns blazing on both sides of the ball.  JV always brings it.  ja and jaren are wannabe stars but are both too **** soft.  jaren still plays like he just started playing basketball 2 years ago; doesn't box out, doesn't like contact, doesn't rebound.  and ja completely sells out/doesn't try on defense, it's maddening.  and for the love of God, no more kyle at SF or JJJ at C.  BC needs to be on the trade block.

I like Clarke, but I think we should try trade with some those young guys, a Allen + Winslow + Clarke + picks for Jeremi Grant deal makes so much sense. Draft the best available, maybe trade up a bit to get what we want, but that trade would make us better enought for the Playoffs.

Ja/Tyus

Dillon/Melton

Grant/Bane

Jaren/SlowMo

JV/Tillman 

I just looked at the game thread on the main board - 708 replies (and counting). Hey Mods, is this a new record?

18 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Really the biggest decision we gotta make short term is BC or Xavier

X is the superior player on every level.

BC is fine defensively, but his offense is unplayable

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

But we may need to include one in a trade if necessary. Imho.if were making a trade to move up a team is going to want a decent player and imho BC might be the better sweetener 

I doubt we trade to move up. And if we do, it won't be more than a couple of slots, just too expensive. And if we do, it's almost always paid for with additional picks, not players. 

But as for a normal trade, I think BC would have some value. He'll be 25 in September, but on a cheap contract for two more years, and then the RFA rights. 

Changing the rotation and putting Jaren in with just 10 or so games is just a bad idea.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

I like Clarke, but I think we should try trade with some those young guys, a Allen + Winslow + Clarke + picks for Jeremi Grant deal makes so much sense. Draft the best available, maybe trade up a bit to get what we want, but that trade would make us better enought for the Playoffs.

Ja/Tyus

Dillon/Melton

Grant/Bane

Jaren/SlowMo

JV/Tillman 

and boom

*trade machine has just entered the chat

?

3 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Ja/Tyus

Dillon/Melton

Grant/Bane

Jaren/SlowMo

JV/Tillman 

possibly a decent move.  i'm an allen fan and prefer him to melton (especially since melton has regressed to his previous mean the last 15 or so games), but i wouldn't say no to that trade.

btw all this talk about how great melton is and he just consistently throws the ball away - im terrified every time he touches the ball. im 100% on board him + BC being the starting point of any trade we make

16 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Yeah, Grizzlies will be in real trouble Wednesday if us forum members don’t come prepared

I will be in the building…

hoping I can afford a couple of tickets that will allow me to still eat lunch next week…

might need you to tell em when to throw it up for me 

are you prepared to step up for the aforementioned forum members?

6 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

X is the superior player on every level.

BC is fine defensively, but his offense is unplayable

Its unfortunate that he seemed to.have regressed 

1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

btw all this talk about how great melton is and he just consistently throws the ball away - im terrified every time he touches the ball. im 100% on board him + BC being the starting point of any trade we make

I was appalled that a professional basketball player could not handle the actual BALL !

There were some nerves and brain farts but still… what was he doing?

1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

his dribbling/decision making is ***** poor and for all the talk about his D, he's actually a pretty poor or average one on one defender.  he gets alot of deflections/blocks for a guard, so that makes him look better on D than he actually is.

9 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I just looked at the game thread on the main board - 708 replies (and counting). Hey Mods, is this a new record?

As far as the search function says, yes for a game thread. I don’t know how far back it searches though.

8 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I doubt we trade to move up. And if we do, it won't be more than a couple of slots, just too expensive. And if we do, it's almost always paid for with additional picks, not players. 

But as for a normal trade, I think BC would have some value. He'll be 25 in September, but on a cheap contract for two more years, and then the RFA rights. 

Truthfully I wouldn't mind calling Houston to see what they're looking for for Porter Jr.