Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors -5/16/21

10 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Ja needs someone to tell him he ain't made it yet, and get stronger and work on his game. JJJ just needs to get his legs back under him. Their talent is evident, they just need to refine their game to suit their skill set and physical attributes. I wouldn't trade either of them. 

Trade everyone, that's the jumping-off-the-cliff thing to do right now.

**sarcasm meter in red**

13 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

That comeback certainly had me faked out.

Pre-mature jiggy-ness.

I experienced premature extrapolation. I may need to see the doctor.

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't know about most everybody. I think we would only make lateral moves but making trades. Sure we may get better here but now we are weaker there. This is why I always wanted to be in the lottery this year. Gives us a chance to add high level talent without losing high level talent.

You don’t intentionally tank outside of Green or Cade. None of these rookies will make us better next year. 

13 minutes ago, LilFrontOffice said:

Can someone remind Taylor Jenkins that he's allowed to challenge a call lol?

Man a few of those could have changed momentum in today’s game 

1 minute ago, Everett said:

Did I say he was bad? No, I said he was stupid. He has discipline issues. The team was better with him on the court tonight, and they didn't have him out there for the last 6 minutes of the game because he fouled out. That's why "crazy" is bad. 

Also, I said in another post, it's partly on the coach. Your plan for Curry can't be for one guy to guard him all night. Even if Dillon didn't have that reckless aspect to his game, that's a tough ask. Even a legit 1st team all-NBA defender shouldn't have to guard someone like Curry literally all night, and could still foul out. Too much responsibility on him, and not enough different looks to keep Curry off balance. 

JV and Dillon showed up with the right mentality. Not sure if anyone else really did in a noteworthy way. JV has issues with this kind of team, but they also have issues with him and he made sure they felt his presence.

Okay, I'll buy most of that, but I don't think Dillon did anything extraordinarily stupid today.  I saw far more stupid out of Ja, Jaren, and BC.  Green flopped big time to put Dillon out.

Just to add to everything if people think I'm being overly critical of Dillon when he was arguably the biggest positive in this game.

I am critical because I think he CAN do better, not because I think he can't or has no value.

He needs to learn how to be aggressive without being careless. That pretty much goes for both ends of the court. He could be a vary valuable player for a long time if he can just learn to pull back at the right times.

Just now, bterry1990 said:

Man a few of those could have changed momentum in today’s game 

No Excuse for not challenging Greens flop on Dillons 6th foul. Our media better ask him or they should lose their credentials 

9 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Dillon was making similar mistakes in year four. Not to mention Jaren missed the whole season 

??? This is Dillon's year 4. Point is improvement is not always linear, and can't be assumed. And Jaren's errors aren't related to his health, they are brain farts. 

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

Okay, I'll buy most of that, but I don't think Dillon did anything extraordinarily stupid today.  I saw far more stupid out of Ja, Jaren, and BC.  Green flopped big time to put Dillon out.

Jenkins should have challanged that!

Yet he has a hissy fit, gets thrown out of a game, and we end up losing that game because he signalled to others its ok to get tossed.

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

It was likely the only answer even if it was just the mid lottery.   The type of wings available in free agency won't get them to the next level. Oh well. 

The only thing that can save them is if Ja and Jaren become top players. Otherwise we’re stuck in the middle until the next rebuild 

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Dillon, as many have pointed out, guards the best opposing wing every game. And he plays hard, always. Not all of our guys do. 

7 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Gotta keep JV for the paint. 29/16 today!!!

It’s like nobody sees what he actually brings every game.

rock. solid.

We were  ready to throw parades and put up statues for Zbo (love him ) and his 20 10s.

JV gets his quietly without much fanfare.He can’t pass himself the ball.

Our  guys need to realize when we approach a dry shooting spell - at least make sure he touches it before they jack up a contested 3.

Hate seeing the team loss any time BUT i`m love playing the Spurs at Home, then after that any thing can happen in a winner take all 

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

For Dillon, the stupid is usually setting himself up for failure with his aggressiveness. Not realizing he's putting himself in a position to be baited into a crappy foul, or on O just forcing shots he really shouldn't. His O wasn't that bad on the whole today, but pretty rough at the start. 

Again, Dillon was good today, but that's exactly why the team can't have him foul out. You can talk all you want about Draymond flopping (it's what he does), but Dillon already did have 5 fouls. That was a pretty careless foul. 

15 minutes ago, Allen said:

They’re young developing players. They’re both young enough to be college seniors and they’re the best two players on a fringe playoff team. Have to keep things in perspective 

When does the young excuse go away? In year 4 for Jaren? When he's getting paid a max contract?

Dillon going to have to give his players some talking to

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

??? This is Dillon's year 4. Point is improvement is not always linear, and can't be assumed. And Jaren's errors aren't related to his health, they are brain farts. 

Earlier in the year Dillon was the most disliked player on the Grizz is the point.  And you can't mention a time frame if it isn't linear. I do agree with you about Jaren but I think part of it is his immaturity 

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

rock. solid.

We were  ready to throw parades and put up statues for Zbo (love him ) and his 20 10s.

JV gets his quietly without much fanfare.He can’t pass himself the ball.

Our  guys need to realize when we approach a dry shooting spell - at least make sure he touches it before they jack up a contested 3.

This Toke is spot on, I can't tell you how much that bothers me, but it seems that this mentality has to have been drummed in by the coaching, otherwise it just wouldn't be happening all season. This is Jenkins doing.

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I think JV is too big of a crutch for him, as effective as JV is Jaren needs to start playing like he owns the paint off the dribble, in the post and on the glass. JV being so efficient allows him to slide. 

Ain’t jv fault...step up jaren, opportunity is your

4 minutes ago, Everett said:

Just to add to everything if people think I'm being overly critical of Dillon when he was arguably the biggest positive in this game.

I am critical because I think he CAN do better, not because I think he can't or has no value.

He needs to learn how to be aggressive without being careless. That pretty much goes for both ends of the court. He could be a vary valuable player for a long time if he can just learn to pull back at the right times.

Nope.

Remember TA?

Now, add some offense.

Stir

Dillon Brooks

2 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Who’s this nobody you’re referring to? Jonas gets nothing but praise all around

The Grizzlies should  win vs the Spurs then a rematch with Golden state 

1 minute ago, Subliminal said:

Dillon going to have to give his players some talking to

Thank you .

I’m still wondering if we should start calling you ‘toke’ literally… you were posting like you’d had a few puffs today!

?????

Just now, lions said:

The Grizzlies should  win vs the Spurs then a rematch with Golden state 

Golden State will beat the Lakers.