Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors -5/16/21

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Yeah at the end of the day this was a great learning experience. Especially for Ja and Jaren

I think this is such nonsense. Does Ja not already know to guard his man? Did Jaren not learn to box out in 6th grade? Is Jaren making the same mistakes in year 3 that he did in year 1?

Sorry, there are no guarantees. Will we ever get another year like this from Jonas? Or Kyle? 

Ja needs someone to tell him he ain't made it yet, and get stronger and work on his game. JJJ just needs to get his legs back under him. Their talent is evident, they just need to refine their game to suit their skill set and physical attributes. I wouldn't trade either of them. 

Some of y'all going off the deep end, a reminder - we were up 2 with under 5 to play.

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Truth be told - it wasn't the board it was all on Dillon.   His improved play merited it.  Even the most ardent Dillon hater had to admit he is important to our success. 

His effort was always there, i think he has a better grasp on where his highest chance to score is. He attacks the midrange and he's started to draw fouls on the break better

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I think this is such nonsense. Does Ja not already know to guard his man? Did Jaren not learn to box out in 6th grade? Is Jaren making the same mistakes in year 3 that he did in year 1?

Sorry, there are no guarantees. Will we ever get another year like this from Jonas? Or Kyle? 

They’re young developing players. They’re both young enough to be college seniors and they’re the best two players on a fringe playoff team. Have to keep things in perspective 

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

Some of y'all going off the deep end, a reminder - we were up 2 with under 5 to play.

If Dillon hadn't of fouled out, I think we would have won.

I hope the warriors have to play the lakers.

Just now, Blackwatch said:

Ja needs someone to tell him he ain't made it yet, and get stronger and work on his game. JJJ just needs to get his legs back under him. Their talent is evident, they just need to refine their game to suit their skill set and physical attributes. I wouldn't trade either of them. 

Yeah, come on, the overreactions are excessive. They need to get their noses rubbed in the screen when they review the game though.

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Man the board has completely flip flopped on this

It's just people living in the moment

He had a great 4th, but he was also 2-10 in the first 3 quarters

1 minute ago, Allen said:

They’re young developing players. They both young enough to be college seniors and they’re the best two players on a fridge playoff team. Have to keep things in perspective 

That's a chilling assessment. 

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Dillon was making similar mistakes in year four. Not to mention Jaren missed the whole season 

7 minutes ago, Allen said:

Yeah at the end of the day this was a great learning experience. Especially for Ja and Jaren. It wasn’t officially a playoff game but now they know how a playoff game feels

What are you talking about we obviously didn’t learn from the play in game last year. 

2 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

It's just people living in the moment

He had a great 4th, but he was also 2-10 in the first 3 quarters

But his defense was huge

12 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I hope there are trades and most everybody should be on block, and the only thing that is going to get talent is to trade talent.

Gotta keep JV for the paint. 29/16 today!!!

12 minutes ago, Everett said:

He was Jenkins' only plan for Curry. That in itself is a big problem because you need to have 4-5 different defensive plans for a guy like Curry just so he ha a hard time adapting to anything. 

Brooks played him well, but spending all your minutes guarding an MVP is tough and likely to lead to fouls. So as much as I rag on Dillon for his discipline, it's too much to ask of one player when you know Steph is going to play 35-40 minutes at least in this important a game. 

So, coaching not so great today, either.

This

Dillon fouled out, and then Curry went bang, bang, bang.

Steph is a great player, but c'mon the coaching need to wake up, they are so tunnel visioned

Just now, fanboyslim said:

That's a chilling assessment. 

Fringe ?

8 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What game are you watching???  This game would have been over long ago if it were not for Dillon.

Did I say he was bad? No, I said he was stupid. He has discipline issues. The team was better with him on the court tonight, and they didn't have him out there for the last 6 minutes of the game because he fouled out. That's why "crazy" is bad. 

Also, I said in another post, it's partly on the coach. Your plan for Curry can't be for one guy to guard him all night. Even if Dillon didn't have that reckless aspect to his game, that's a tough ask. Even a legit 1st team all-NBA defender shouldn't have to guard someone like Curry literally all night, and could still foul out. Too much responsibility on him, and not enough different looks to keep Curry off balance. 

JV and Dillon showed up with the right mentality. Not sure if anyone else really did in a noteworthy way. JV has issues with this kind of team, but they also have issues with him and he made sure they felt his presence.

2 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Me neither, you are right. They just have to realize they are not ready for the real thing. Curry, Lebron, KD, Klay, Leonard, George, Irving, Lillard, Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Harden ... those guys prove they at least can be there. Winning there is even difficult, we are not ready, and the best way for us to be is win the jackpot later in June.

18 minutes ago, Everett said:

He won't make 1st team all D if he's fouling out with 6 minutes left against the stars he faces. 

Crazy is not a necessity to anything. Toronto didn't have a crazy guy. Who was San Antonio's? Did they even have one? Definitely not among their big minute guys. Who was Miami's? 

If your "crazy" guy is going to be one of your starters, he has to know the difference between playing with an edge and playing reckless and stupid basketball. Stupid is stupid. 

Crazy guy is a MUST!

The fact that coach left him out there says it all.

He brought it all game.

You can’t tell if we’re up 20 or down 20 watching him play.

Without him - we never would have been in this game.

And he PHYSICALLY got it in.

Chased Steph through some heavy handed Dray screens… and still balled out on offense.

Dillon is crazy enough to believe that he can do whatever the team needs.

He face guarded Steph like an NFL cornerback.

Tony Allen that can score.

Sounds crazy to me

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, come on, the overreactions are excessive. They need to get their noses rubbed in the screen when they review the game though.

Man where did all these people come from?

12 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Just awful game Melton did nothing to help us today.

Mr. Do Nothing.

14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I hope there are trades and most everybody should be on block, and the only thing that is going to get talent is to trade talent.

I don't know about most everybody. I think we would only make lateral moves but making trades. Sure we may get better here but now we are weaker there. This is why I always wanted to be in the lottery this year. Gives us a chance to add high level talent without losing high level talent.

12 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Nobody said this would be easy. Let the players, coach and FO draw lessons from these games.

And now it's drinky drinky time

It's been drinky drinky time since the 3rd quarter.

Just now, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't know about most everybody. I think we would only make lateral moves but making trades. Sure we may get better here but now we are weaker there. This is why I always wanted to be in the lottery this year. Gives us a chance to add high level talent without losing high level talent.

It was likely the only answer even if it was just the mid lottery.   The type of wings available in free agency won't get them to the next level. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

Mr. Do Nothing.

I think GTF is right, Jenkins has ruined him.

Melton had that big nite, 27 or something, then got garbage time and DNPs. Why? Why? Why?