Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors -5/16/21

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jaren has matchup advantages all game and does nothing but shoot 3s

We gotta honestly consider trading him this summer for a legit top 25 player. Dude is soft and that ain’t gone work here. 

3 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Dillon’s our star. He led us back and soon as he was out, we folded

He was Jenkins' only plan for Curry. That in itself is a big problem because you need to have 4-5 different defensive plans for a guy like Curry just so he ha a hard time adapting to anything. 

Brooks played him well, but spending all your minutes guarding an MVP is tough and likely to lead to fouls. So as much as I rag on Dillon for his discipline, it's too much to ask of one player when you know Steph is going to play 35-40 minutes at least in this important a game. 

So, coaching not so great today, either.

Just now, The J Crew said:

DeAnthony would be in demand. Other front offices might value him more than ours apparently does. 

that's why i can see them moving him.   They will prob use him to move up in the draft and resign Grayson and pickup Justise extension.    Then this forum will probably go nuclear and we all get banned. lol

Just now, Lugan Village said:

Even db has things he needs to do to elevate his game, but I get your point

I was being tongue in cheek

We don’t have a true star. Dillon has the effort of a superstar but he’s limited athletically and skill wise to be a true star. Our 2 possible stars don’t have the passion or the chutzpah to be superstars. And frankly I doubt they ever will. So I hope Dillon develops into a Jimmy Butler-lite and brings this team along for the ride.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Melton gonna be traded this offseason then Taylor gonna get Grayson resigned.  

I hope there are trades and most everybody should be on block, and the only thing that is going to get talent is to trade talent.

4 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Dillon fouls out, the comeback ends

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Steph really enjoying not being guarded by Dillon i see. 

Dillon was major, I expected Melton to be the same but he was out of it. Should have him check Stephen a couple of times before to be more ready for prime time. 

2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Yeah he needs to understand that being a unicorn means being able to score inside and out and basically all over the court. He  just wants to play like a giant shooting guard at this point. Hopefully he understands the difference one day 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

that's why i can see them moving him.   They will prob use him to move up in the draft and resign Grayson and pickup Justise extension.    Then this forum will probably go nuclear and we all get banned. lol

Well Grayson is already signed for next year, unless you mean an extension for him.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You know ... we used to joke about this but ...man it is becoming some truth to this. 

Man the board has completely flip flopped on this

Just now, The J Crew said:

Well Grayson is already signed for next year, unless you mean an extension for him.

i mean extension.  Oh and don't be surprise if Justise + Dillon are starting wings next season.  But to be fair they actually played well together even when Justise struggled due to their defense. 

Our two "best" players, Ja and Jaren, gave the least amount of effort this afternoon. I don't care how many points they scored. Jaren is allergic to rebounds. Ja is allergic to whoever he is guarding on defense.

I loved JV, Dillon and Desmond's effort tonight. Everyone else was blah....

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Dillon was major, I expected Melton to be the same but he was out of it. Should have him check Stephen a couple of times before to be more ready for prime time. 

He just doesn't have that same dog in him. He's too nice

Nobody said this would be easy. Let the players, coach and FO draw lessons from these games.

And now it's drinky drinky time

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

Man the board has completely flip flopped on this

Truth be told - it wasn't the board it was all on Dillon.   His improved play merited it.  Even the most ardent Dillon hater had to admit he is important to our success. 

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

Nobody said this would be easy. Let the players, coach and FO draw lessons from these games.

And now it's drinky drinky time

Yeah at the end of the day this was a great learning experience. Especially for Ja and Jaren. It wasn’t officially a playoff game but now they know how a playoff game feels

5 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I think JV is too big of a crutch for him, as effective as JV is Jaren needs to start playing like he owns the paint off the dribble, in the post and on the glass. JV being so efficient allows him to slide. 

Jaren bench lineup at the 5

Kyle Anderson at the 3

Put those in the dumpster where they belong

12 minutes ago, Everett said:

He won't make 1st team all D if he's fouling out with 6 minutes left against the stars he faces. 

Crazy is not a necessity to anything. Toronto didn't have a crazy guy. Who was San Antonio's? Did they even have one? Definitely not among their big minute guys. Who was Miami's? 

If your "crazy" guy is going to be one of your starters, he has to know the difference between playing with an edge and playing reckless and stupid basketball. Stupid is stupid. 

What game are you watching???  This game would have been over long ago if it were not for Dillon.

3 minutes ago, LilFrontOffice said:

Our two "best" players, Ja and Jaren, gave the least amount of effort this afternoon. I don't care how many points they scored. Jaren is allergic to rebounds. Ja is allergic to whoever he is guarding on defense.

I loved JV, Dillon and Desmond's effort tonight. Everyone else was blah....

Jaren has gotten better on the board but he has got to get stronger