chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors -5/16/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: 2:30 PM Sunday, May 16, 2021

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Television: NBALP | Bally SportsSouth | 

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Alexander Jaren Jackson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Jr. Jonas Valanciunas

Warriors Starting 5

Steph Curry Andrew Wiggins Ken Bazemore Draymond Green Kevin Looney
Stephen Curry Andrew Wiggins Kent Bazemore Draymond Green Kevon Looney

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Brandon Clarke, Tim Frazier, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2),  D'Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie (2), Xavier Tillman, Justise Winslow

Golden State: Damian Lee, Nico Mannion, Mychal Mulder, Kelly Oubre (INJ), Eric Pascall, Jordan Poole, Alen Smailagic, Klay Thompson (INJ), Juan Tuscano-Anderson, James Wiseman (INJ)

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Warriors: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

I know this is frustrating for everyone but the league hasn't announced the time for this game yet. I can't remember ever being this close to a game without a time for the tip off being announced. 

The Saturday game times are TBD too. https://www.nba.com/games?date=2021-05-15

Heard on a pod that we would know the start times on Thursday. But thinking about it, they might have meant the Saturday games only.

But network TV does need some time to move crews and equipment, so would think the Grizz would know Friday at the latest. 15 games on Sunday, so the entire league plays. 

9 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is there a scenario where we should rest all our top guys for THIS game (instead of one of the Kings games)???

You mean lose the Warriors game on purpose? 

If that is the question, I say no. Finish 8th, and you are either the 7th seed if you win the 7 vs. 8 game, or get a home game if you lose. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

You mean lose the Warriors game on purpose? 

If that is the question, I say no. Finish 8th, and you are either the 7th seed if you win the 7 vs. 8 game, or get a home game if you lose. 

If we split the Kings games, or worse and lose BOTH, then maybe the Dubya matchup is a No-Win situation.  Play with the backups, don’t show the GSW coaching staff anything and then hopefully pay ‘em back in another play-in game (if we matchup with them or beat the Spurs).  Unless we can clinch 7 or 8 with a win I don’t wanna show another play-in team (this being the Warriors) ANYTHING.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

If we split the Kings games, or worse and lose BOTH, then maybe the Dubya matchup is a No-Win situation.  Play with the backups, don’t show the GSW coaching staff anything and then hopefully pay ‘em back in another play-in game (if we matchup with them or beat the Spurs).  Unless we can clinch 7 or 8 with a win I don’t wanna show another play-in team (this being the Warriors) ANYTHING.

Just win one Kings game, and then beat the Warriors, and we are the 8th seed. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Just win one Kings game, and then beat the Warriors, and we are the 8th seed. 

Ok.  Cool.  It comes down to math and controlling our own destiny.  Man... this Play-In thing is really cool....  may stink for teams in the 7-8 range every year but what are you supposed to do, hang up Sweet 16 banners every year?

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ok.  Cool.  It comes down to math and controlling our own destiny.  Man... this Play-In thing is really cool....  may stink for teams in the 7-8 range every year but what are you supposed to do, hang up Sweet 16 banners every year?

And gives teams in the 5-8 tier big incentive to keep winning to avoid the play in. 

I really hate that time - that's a 12:30pm start time locally. Totally throws off any pre-game routines, especially since we'll be flying in to SF on Saturday.

Just now, ACGrizz said:

I really hate that time - that's a 12:30pm start time locally. Totally throws off any pre-game routines, especially since we'll be flying in to SF on Saturday.

Yep. All the more reason to win tonight and rest tomorrow. 

Blow for the Warriors. Jordan Poole, who has been their top scorer off the bench, just injured his ankle in their game vs the Pels. Went to the locker room. 

The two longest active winning streaks in the NBA both face off on Sunday in our game. Even though it's the last regular season game, this is truly the first play-in game for us. We're essentially playing a 3 game series from here on out (though we're going to be going against different teams). If we lose two, we're out; win two, and we advance. 

7 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

The two longest active winning streaks in the NBA both face off on Sunday in our game. Even though it's the last regular season game, this is truly the first play-in game for us. We're essentially playing a 3 game series from here on out (though we're going to be going against different teams). If we lose two, we're out; win two, and we advance. 

+1 Play-in time ! Go Grizzz!!!

The Warriors are playing good and our Grizzlies are playing  very well now. if we can this Win this Game vs a very Good Warriors team on the Road with all this on the Line .this may start our Title run with in the next3/4 years  BIG GAME /statement Game SUNDAY 

9 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Kind of amazing that after a full season it turns out like this. 

So even if there was no play-in tournament...we'd still have a play-in game against the Warriors. Last time this happened was Nuggets vs. Timberwolves and that was a super entertaining game.

14 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Blow for the Warriors. Jordan Poole, who has been their top scorer off the bench, just injured his ankle in their game vs the Pels. Went to the locker room. 

Oof, that really sucks. Whatever happens over the next 2 to 3 games, I just hope our key guys stay healthy

1 minute ago, ACGrizz said:

Oof, that really sucks. Whatever happens over the next 2 to 3 games, I just hope our key guys stay healthy

I should have updated. Poole returned and played. Ended up with 38. Guess we’ll see if it affects Poole tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Oof, that really sucks. Whatever happens over the next 2 to 3 games, I just hope ALL  guys stay healthy

Hate to see any of them get hurt...

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Kind of amazing that after a full season it turns out like this. 

Steph Curry is very good at basketball.