memphis slim

current rotation and needed adjustments

11 hours ago, TimBC said:

(9) Remember that once in a while you just feed JV and let him run up the score until the opponent adjusts. 

The team needs more of this. They should run offense through JV. The shooters are too streaky to play this "pace and space" game every possession. Ja needs to think through the game more. He relies too much on athleticism and kills too many possessions trying to make "SportsCenter's Top 10" rather than make the right basketball play. JJJ needs to play the 4 and the 4 only, whether in the starting line up or the bench. He is too foul prone to play any real minutes at the 5. Let Tyus run point with a second unit that has Bane / Melton and KA on it. 

15 hours ago, TimBC said:

(

(9) Remember that once in a while you just feed JV and let him run up the score until the opponent adjusts. 

Seems simple....but Jenkins and this FO always have "smartest guy in the room syndrome".

There should be stretches every game where JV is the focal point of the offense.

It is like a body puncher in boxing, just wears down the opponent and opens up other areas of attack.

4 hours ago, trayhezy said:

Seems simple....but Jenkins and this FO always have "smartest guy in the room syndrome".

There should be stretches every game where JV is the focal point of the offense.

It is like a body puncher in boxing, just wears down the opponent and opens up other areas of attack.

When we did this well, jv starting getting double teamed down low which to your point opened up many options and lanes...3J is taking a lot of abuse and some of its on him, but where is the coach in this mix?  And Dillon needs to smarter with the ball and when he decides to put it up, versus I know he’s putting it up every time when he touches the ball, whether he is off balance or double teamed or 30 feet from the basket.

agreed as far as feeding jv. it needs to be a part of the arsenal. 
another part should be letting ja get the ball, say, 90% of the time in the 4th down the stretch. db way too many times last night went hero ball without ja touching it during the set. 
last night was an immature, unacceptable loss. 

slim. 

29 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

agreed as far as feeding jv. it needs to be a part of the arsenal. 
another part should be letting ja get the ball, say, 90% of the time in the 4th down the stretch. db way too many times last night went hero ball without ja touching it during the set. 
last night was an immature, unacceptable loss. 

slim. 

Pretty much all of this - speaking of Dillon, in his postgame interview he sounded very unhappy with the effort of some of the guys on the team. He mentioned that everyone knows the system so plugging new guys in shouldn't keep them from getting it done. I assume he was talking about Winslow.

Take Winslow out of rotation and pick between Clarke and Tillman. Rotation should be 9 man

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Pretty much all of this - speaking of Dillon, in his postgame interview he sounded very unhappy with the effort of some of the guys on the team. He mentioned that everyone knows the system so plugging new guys in shouldn't keep them from getting it done. I assume he was talking about Winslow.

That Dillon is a real bute...team guy?  I didn't hear the post-game, but DB should not go into his unahappiness.  Leave that to TJ

25 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

That Dillon is a real bute...team guy?  I didn't hear the post-game, but DB should not go into his unahappiness.  Leave that to TJ

I don't see any real issues calling people out if its legitimate. its obviously touchy if it disrupts the locker room.

7 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I don't see any real issues calling people out if its legitimate. its obviously touchy if it disrupts the locker room.

you are 100 percent correct DO NOT disrupt the locker room 

48 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Remember when TA disrupted OJ Mayo's nose? Good times.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

tenor.gif

The good ole days 

11 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

OJ should have paid him 

How ridiculous would it be to move Dillon to the 2, Kyle to the 3 for a starting lineup of Ja/Dillon/Kyle/Jaren/JV? Is this feasible?

9 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

How ridiculous would it be to move Dillon to the 2, Kyle to the 3 for a starting lineup of Ja/Dillon/Kyle/Jaren/JV? Is this feasible?

Next season sure...this season Grayson should start and Jaren can be 6th man.

1 minute ago, I❤️JV said:

Next season sure...this season Grayson should start and Jaren can be 6th man.

It's impossible to know whether youre sarcastic or not so I won't even try. I just think its a lineup they should consider. There is something to be said for playing all of your best players at once and for the most minutes. 

6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

It's impossible to know whether youre sarcastic or not so I won't even try. I just think its a lineup they should consider. There is something to be said for playing all of your best players at once and for the most minutes. 

I wasn't sarcastic, and this line up got our 5 best players...but Jaren is not that good yet and has no chemistry with other starters...only 8 games left...IMO it would be to much of a risk this season ...I like this line up as starting 5 next season....this season bigs rotation IMO JV play with Kyle and Jaren with his friend X-man.

30 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I believe it should already be our starting lineup.

slim.

1 minute ago, memphis slim said:

I believe it should already be our starting lineup.

slim.

That's been the talked about lineup for a while, since we knew that Jaren was coming back. A bigger, slower lineup. Hope Kyle can still guard faster 3's. Bball reference has Kyle playing 0% at the SF this year. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderky01.html

Just now, I❤️JV said:

IMO this line up is too slow

Me too, and I think Taylor will agree. He seems to like to go small. And he will want one of Desmond or Grayson or DeAnthony in there. If he remembers DeAnthony is still on the team. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

If he remembers DeAnthony is still on the team. 

well, I think DM might have forgotten himself last night. 

slim.

1 minute ago, memphis slim said:

well, I think DM might have forgotten himself last night. 

slim.

True, not DeAnthony's best game. 

Weird game. Desmond hit 9 shots from the floor. 9-13 overall. 8 rebounds! Add in 2 assists and 3 steals. . . And was a team worst -26 for the game. Basketball is weird sometimes. 

true. the knicks are a heck of a team. their transformation is remarkable..

my issue was our early lack of aggression.

slim.