Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Team Anti-Hero Grizz - Blazers (4-28)

A new category to post in after losses! 🤬 

TA-H: Winslow with a +/- of -24 in only 16 minutes (could that be a franchise record?)

DHM (Dishonorable mention):  JJJ with 2-10 from deep and 5 fouls

7 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

TA-H: Winslow with a +/- of -24 in only 16 minutes (could that be a franchise record?)

IMHO JJJ and Winslow are going to be the main reasons in every loss....

3 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

IMHO JJJ and Winslow are going to be the main reasons in every loss....

Bane and Melton were not exactly Bird and Magic last night either.  Most of the team stunk it up.

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Taylor has to take the team anti-hero in this one. 

+++100

Winslow should not be running point and Jaren should be playing more PF.

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Brooks was a -22, and I thought he had a decent game when he was playing.  

This team is just out of sorts with the addition of JJJ and they need to figure out who they are and what they want to do.

It's part of bringing back a major piece.  

Lakers have lost 3 of 4 since bringing back Anthony Davis.  

I don't believe in bad-mouthing our team even after a tough loss so I am passing on this thread. 

In case people are scared, I am NOT banning this thread. Free speech is fine with me even if you want to say you are immature and looking to criticize those who do something you can only dream about. 

HM: Our awful post-ASB schedule. At some point it was/will catch up to us having so many games in such few nights, with less opportunities for practice as well.

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Taylor has to take the team anti-hero in this one. 

I don't think it's really on Taylor. I think the FO has mandated Justise will play to evaluate him (or stubbornly double down if thats what you believe). It's not Taylor making the choice to play Justise IMO.

4 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I don't think it's really on Taylor. I think the FO has mandated Justise will play to evaluate him (or stubbornly double down if thats what you believe). It's not Taylor making the choice to play Justise IMO.

What more does the front office need to see?

10 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

+1

23 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

What more does the front office need to see?

I dont personally agree with it. I just think that coule be what theyre doing 

FO will 100% pick up his option...they will do everything they can to make him smell like a rose...they will be disappointed and that was a horrible trade...but they will try Winslow till the bitter end.  

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I don't believe in bad-mouthing our team even after a tough loss so I am passing on this thread. 

In case people are scared, I am NOT banning this thread. Free speech is fine with me even if you want to say you are immature and looking to criticize those who do something you can only dream about. 

Thank you for calling me (probably twice your age) "immature."

No, I can't dunk but Winslow probably can't play guitar like Clapton.  But he's welcome to badmouth my musicianship.

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Thank you for calling me (probably twice your age) "immature."

No, I can't dunk but Winslow probably can't play guitar like Clapton.  But he's welcome to badmouth my musicianship.

Trust me. You aren’t twice my age. I’d love to jam with you some day however. I’m no Clapton but I do love to play.

My sneaky way of stealing guitar riffs?  Being a bass player and playing with awesome guitar players... some of whom actually watched Hendrix play... and one of them was also a former Little Richard guitarist (which Hendrix also was).  So, I can't claim too much originality in my guitar licks but can still do a reasonable Robin Trower-ish thing.  There was a time when my bass playing was quite original though.

Not totally related:  Memphis native Gary Talley (Box Tops) who was named greatest Memphis guitarist of all time in one poll actually played acoustic at my daughter's wedding.  I knew him from when he was teaching lessons at Mike E's Classic Guitars & Amps, a vintage store in LaVergne now closed.  

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

My sneaky way of stealing guitar riffs?  Being a bass player and playing with awesome guitar players... some of whom actually watched Hendrix play... and one of them was also a former Little Richard guitarist (which Hendrix also was).  So, I can't claim too much originality in my guitar licks but can still do a reasonable Robin Trower-ish thing.  There was a time when my bass playing was quite original though.

Not totally related:  Memphis native Gary Talley (Box Tops) who was named greatest Memphis guitarist of all time in one poll actually played acoustic at my daughter's wedding.  I knew him from when he was teaching lessons at Mike E's Classic Guitars & Amps, a vintage store in LaVergne now closed.  

I’m trying to learn the guitar.  It’s pretty hard.  I’m more of a writer.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

What guitars do you have/play?

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Martin HD-28 2R, Gallagher Doc Watson, Ovation Elite, an Ovation 12 string, Taylor 9 string (really quirky but fun, sounds like a 12 string but it far easier to play and tune) and a SG electric when I want to act like a rock star (not very often). 

9 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Unfortunately I'm deaf on one side now, so I don't play as much but I do have some interesting guitars and basses.

Early 70's Fender J-Bass, 80's Guild Pilot Bass, several more less impressive basses,  Bedell acoustic, Horabe (prototype) acoustic, 3 Jackson electrics (2 are Japan custom shop), and my most rare axe - a Beta model infinity electric made by the ESP custom shop...

kcyxmdedelcgyqbicgoo.jpg

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Martin HD-28 2R, Gallagher Doc Watson, Ovation Elite, an Ovation 12 string, Taylor 9 string (really quirky but fun, sounds like a 12 string but it far easier to play and tune) and a SG electric when I want to act like a rock star (not very often). 

I looked up Taylor 9 string and Guitar Center wanted 3 grand for a used (not Koa) in poor condition.  So if I win the lottery this weekend, I'll hold out for a new Koa Taylor 9.   (as if)

But back to hoops... is it rally unfair to bust the chops of multi-million-$$$ adult ball players when they stink it up by their standards?  If the next DeNiro movie sucks are people allowed to say so?  If the next Black Keys album bites are people allowed to say so?  It's not like 19 year old college kids that are not getting paid (except at LSU) to play basketball.  And at UCLA in their heyday.  See: Sam Gilbert

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Cool, the Martin must be nice

11 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Unfortunately I'm deaf on one side now, so I don't play as much but I do have some interesting guitars and basses.

Early 70's Fender J-Bass, 80's Guild Pilot Bass, several more less impressive basses,  Bedell acoustic, Horabe (prototype) acoustic, 3 Jackson electrics (2 are Japan custom shop), and my most rare axe - a Beta model infinity electric made by the ESP custom shop...

kcyxmdedelcgyqbicgoo.jpg

Cool

11 hours ago, bhoyal said:

This is the Horabe prototype I keep sitting out to play when the urge strikes.

d8dmyxvdlfvbq204kpd9.jpg

Looks very nice!

I've got a '89 Gretsch Nashville Western, first release when Gretsch started doing guitars again. I got it in San Fransciso in 1990. This is the one I did almost all my pro gigs with, I love that guitar.

I've also got a 2004 Gretsch Silver Falcon, it was the first run Silver Falcon that Gretsch did, they've changed that model a lot since then and none look like the 2004 one, so I imagine its quite rare. I got this from the Guitar Center on Hollywood Blvd when I was there at the time.

These are the main ones I use for playing stuff like rockabilly, blues, roots rock, great for lead, wide and deep bodies for good bass response when fingerpicking like Scotty Moore style.

I got a 2004 Rickenbacker 360 custom in blue boy, the custom colour of that year in honour of Jim Reeves 1961 version. Great for rhythm, power rock, Beatles stuff etc. This I got shipped from a guitar store in Lexington KY

And I got a 2004 Gibson Robert Johnson signature acoustic which I bought in 2012 as a second hand in really good nick, Obviously this one is used for country blues like RJ, Robert Belfour, JLH.

They are currently packed away because I've got renovations going on, but I got photos from the net:

1989 Gretsch 6120W Nashville Chet Atkins Western Orange w/ FilterTrons &  Case

MiEq8e1cT55hxcdiH5u1MAEi8BN0k6kfYXdtIut0Lmd7AV_zHURZYPAtsi7lCXPcKDk7Up7bk2eKywx0HmmR0yGCstBLh095jbyowE3dKc2bmdNkMQELbp9KBiMe9fcAgWjopRScoHj7GjY34GAeJIXjCmiGgM2kSqAEz7ee3NFNVZPhhg

R6qXChQi9CjOJyvCq6LE00T41p-pzGeZSSViko9Zh9e0y3Q0oFAmzv_FKUoe7QA8LzfwxShnSKi1Lk3XoAsRUJNOAJzzR1l_rhgVqQF0L7a6yqI-Rnr1_MlUH1bKWA

Gibson Robert Johnson L-1 Sunburst, 2005 | www.12fret.com