Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Team Anti-Hero Grizz - Blazers (4-28)

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

I've got a '89 Gretsch Nashville Western, first release when Gretsch started doing guitars again. I got it in San Fransciso in 1990. This is the one I did almost all my pro gigs with, I love that guitar.

I've also got a 2004 Gretsch Silver Falcon, it was the first run Silver Falcon that Gretsch did, they've changed that model a lot since then and none look like the 2004 one, so I imagine its quite rare. I got this from the Guitar Center on Hollywood Blvd when I was there at the time.

These are the main ones I use for playing stuff like rockabilly, blues, roots rock, great for lead, wide and deep bodies for good bass response when fingerpicking like Scotty Moore style.

I got a 2004 Rickenbacker 360 custom in blue boy, the custom colour of that year in honour of Jim Reeves 1961 version. Great for rhythm, power rock, Beatles stuff etc. This I got shipped from a guitar store in Lexington KY

And I got a 2004 Gibson Robert Johnson signature acoustic which I bought in 2012 as a second hand in really good nick, Obviously this one is used for country blues like RJ, Robert Belfour, JLH.

They are currently packed away because I've got renovations going on, but I got photos from the net:

1989 Gretsch 6120W Nashville Chet Atkins Western Orange w/ FilterTrons &  Case

MiEq8e1cT55hxcdiH5u1MAEi8BN0k6kfYXdtIut0Lmd7AV_zHURZYPAtsi7lCXPcKDk7Up7bk2eKywx0HmmR0yGCstBLh095jbyowE3dKc2bmdNkMQELbp9KBiMe9fcAgWjopRScoHj7GjY34GAeJIXjCmiGgM2kSqAEz7ee3NFNVZPhhg

R6qXChQi9CjOJyvCq6LE00T41p-pzGeZSSViko9Zh9e0y3Q0oFAmzv_FKUoe7QA8LzfwxShnSKi1Lk3XoAsRUJNOAJzzR1l_rhgVqQF0L7a6yqI-Rnr1_MlUH1bKWA

Gibson Robert Johnson L-1 Sunburst, 2005 | www.12fret.com

#1 - are you in Nashville or Memphis?

#2 - what kind of amp(s) - i.e. - new/reissue or vintage?

#3 - was it Willcut (sp?) Guitars in Lexington?   (I was the rep for BC Rich guitars and Laney amps 30-ish years ago and used to call on him)

#4 -  did you see Pink Floyd play at Rupp Arena in Lexington in the 80's?  Still maybe the best show I've seen.

59 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

#1 - are you in Nashville or Memphis?

#2 - what kind of amp(s) - i.e. - new/reissue or vintage?

#3 - was it Willcut (sp?) Guitars in Lexington?   (I was the rep for BC Rich guitars and Laney amps 30-ish years ago and used to call on him)

#4 -  did you see Pink Floyd play at Rupp Arena in Lexington in the 80's?  Still maybe the best show I've seen.

#1 no neither, "downunder" but I've been to Memphis and Miss a number of times though.

#2 1994 Fender Vibro-King new, still got it; before that it was 1991 Fender Vibroverb - I traded it to get the Vibro-King. Before that I had a 1961 Fender Bandmaster, but I was young and stupid and didn't know what I had, and let it go for $500 because it was noisy, humming, and the box needed one of the speakers replaced. I also had a Fender Hot-Rod Deville which I got so I wouldn't have to take the Vibro-King out on the road as it was starting to get banged up.

#3 yeah that's it Willcutt Guitars, a really good shop. They had a USA made new custom shop Gretsch Nashville Western (because Gretsch guitars now are made in Japan unless they are custom shop) which I loved because the Orange stain was more like a deep reddish colour just like the original 1955 model but was WAY above the price range I could afford at that time, it lasted about 2-3 years before someone bought it.

#4 No

19 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

This thread took a surprising turn for the better

Are you a drummer?  We're already up to one bass player and two guitar players.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, chipc3 said:

I don't believe in bad-mouthing our team even after a tough loss so I am passing on this thread. 

In case people are scared, I am NOT banning this thread. Free speech is fine with me even if you want to say you are immature and looking to criticize those who do something you can only dream about. 

...until you mention a trade in the Grizzlies Team Talk forum.  :lol:

Just kidding.:ph34r:

really cool stuff above guys. much love and appreciation. I’m not a musician but I’ve seen some incredible acts. 

I love old school blues. saw bb probably 10 times over the years. he was a performer. feel cheated for never being able to see muddy or lightnin hopkins or albert king. 

slim. 

we all adore a professional basketball team. these guys are professionals, making big time money on the court and off. 
i fail to see the harm in positive or negative feedback. we go through the ups and downs right along with the club. 

slim. 

45 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

we all adore a professional basketball team. these guys are professionals, making big time money on the court and off. 
i fail to see the harm in positive or negative feedback. we go through the ups and downs right along with the club. 

slim. 

Yeah, but we have a long tradition of miserables and I don't recall ever having a thread created for the express purpose of finding a scapegoat after every loss. I mean, you want to call out a player, the coach or the towel boy? There's surely a thread already for that (and if not I'm sure I heart JV would have already created one), no need for the added negative focus.

Just my opinion as a fan, not a mod.

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

valid point about anti-hero post losses.

slim.

41 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, but we have a long tradition of miserables and I don't recall ever having a thread created for the express purpose of finding a scapegoat after every loss. I mean, you want to call out a player, the coach or the towel boy? There's surely a thread already for that (and if not I'm sure I heart JV would have already created one), no need for the added negative focus.

Agree 100%...no need for this thread....after a bad loss posters should use ...Jaren Jackson Jr.....is a problem..... thread.....or Winslow is a problem thread ....or both.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, chipc3 said:

I don't believe in bad-mouthing our team even after a tough loss so I am passing on this thread. 

In case people are scared, I am NOT banning this thread. Free speech is fine with me even if you want to say you are immature and looking to criticize those who do something you can only dream about. 

imo, it works against our own mental frame of mind to go beyond the game thread of what we may see at times as roster mistakes, coaching errors, and poor player performance.   So I am passing on this thread as well.

Hijack -

How about a big shoulout to 3 guys that i wanted to trade last season (due to their questionable fits) that have proven their worth

• Jonas
  • Kyle
  • Dillon

These 3 guys have at different times this season have been our MVPs.   hats off to them and i am happily eating crow in regards to my initial assessments of them with GrizzNextGen. 

We clearly wouldn't be in this playoff race without their valuable contributions.  I know i enjoy arguing around the edges on the crap i don't like.   So It is good to also praise the stuff i do.  I will officially be sad to see anyone of the go and hope we can find away for them to be here for our next run. 

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Hijack -

How about a big shoulout to 3 guys that i wanted to trade last season (due to their questionable fits) that have proven their worth

• Jonas
  • Kyle
  • Dillon

These 3 guys have at different times this season have been our MVPs.   hats off to them and i am happily eating crow in regards to my initial assessments of them with GrizzNextGen. 

We clearly wouldn't be in this playoff race without their valuable contributions.  I know i enjoy arguing around the edges on the crap i don't like.   So It is good to also praise the stuff i do.  I will officially be sad to see anyone of the go and hope we can find away for them to be here for our next run. 

Thank you for admitting that. The FO has earned the right to have support in their decisions. 

Just curious but does this have anything to do with you wanting to start new criticisms of different players and you realized you were running out of players that were on your 'trade or else list' already? 

Just now, chipc3 said:

Thank you for admitting that. The FO has earned the right to have support in their decisions. 

Just curious but does this have anything to do with you wanting to start new criticisms of different players and you realized you were running out of players that were on your 'trade or else list' already? 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4778ns8mr454qldaiv0g

16 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Hijack -

How about a big shoulout to.....

since we are getting all mushy...

man hug to db from me. he has been much, much better this year...has had a recent setback, but I believe in him and I am on the bandwagon for sure. his fierce spirit, swagger and incredible physical endurance have proven extremely valuable to our franchise.

slim.

6 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

since we are getting all mushy...

man hug to db from me. he has been much, much better this year...has had a recent setback, but I believe in him and I am on the bandwagon for sure. his fierce spirit, swagger and incredible physical endurance have proven extremely valuable to our franchise.

slim.

me2....really h8ed the guy....now I am on DB train checking tickets...and H8ers will be ejected at the next stop.

s.