I❤️JV

Jaren Jackson Jr. ....Is NOT selfish at all

On 4/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, I❤️JV said:

Jonas going to be fine...I am scared we pay max to glass...and our path to ultimate glory (I hope/believe we can win NBA title in 5 years)...if we max Jaren and he's glass or he's just not that good...Jonas going to miss on a ring...again

new name  GLASS MAN

I’m not sure that Ja and Jaren have much chemistry on the court.  ... I’m not sure they have ANY.  Forget alley-oops, I haven’t even seen that many (any?) well-executed high pick-and-pops (to free up 3J for the 3ball) from those two.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

I’m not sure that Ja and Jaren have much chemistry on the court.  ... I’m not sure they have ANY.  Forget alley-oops, I haven’t even seen that many (any?) well-executed high pick-and-pops (to free up 3J for the 3ball) from those two.

I think their chemistry is fine. jjj just needs to get his game legs and he has to mature as a professional basketball player. I have absolutely nothing against jjj, but he’ll never sniff, much less reach, his true potential until he’s able to stay on the court. he has to stop with the careless, senseless reaching/swiping fouls. 

slim. 

37 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

I think their chemistry is fine. jjj just needs to get his game legs and he has to mature as a professional basketball player. I have absolutely nothing against jjj, but he’ll never sniff, much less reach, his true potential until he’s able to stay on the court. he has to stop with the careless, senseless reaching/swiping fouls. 

slim. 

We should fine Jaren every time he gets a steal or block.  We should also fine him every time he dribbles.  We should give him a cash bonus for setting great (or at least less-than-bad) picks.  Also reward offensive rebounds, free throw makes and nifty inbounds passes.  

10 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

I agree. Gotta stay healthy 

Has Jaren Jackson Jr. thrown off team chemistry?

https://bealestreetbears.com/2021/05/01/memphis-grizzlies-jaren-jackson-jr-thrown-off-team-chemistry/

Memphis Grizzlies basketball in the month of April was a beautiful sight. Despite a distinct dropoff at the end, the Grizzlies ranked as the NBA’s top scoring team in the month through the first three weeks. Uncharacteristically, Memphis could not be stopped on the offensive end.

But lately, that hasn’t been the case.

Could Memphis Grizzlies F Jaren Jackson Jr. be contributing to the team’s recent shortcomings?

In short, yes.

Jaren Jackson Jr.’s return has caused the Grizzlies to go from the best scoring team in the league to one of the worst.

Having said that, there are some clear chemistry issues right now when JJJ is on the court.

Jackson Jr. will also have some settling in to do as a shooter, as his 3-point shot has been… well, broken since his return. Maybe he has been spending too much time around Justise Winslow during both of their recoveries, as each of these players are shooting under 20% from long range.

16 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

We should fine Jaren every time he gets a steal or block.  We should also fine him every time he dribbles.  

count me out of this logic.

slim.

6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

https://bealestreetbears.com/2021/05/01/memphis-grizzlies-jaren-jackson-jr-thrown-off-team-chemistry/

Memphis Grizzlies basketball in the month of April was a beautiful sight. Despite a distinct dropoff at the end, the Grizzlies ranked as the NBA’s top scoring team in the month through the first three weeks. Uncharacteristically, Memphis could not be stopped on the offensive end.

Could Memphis Grizzlies F Jaren Jackson Jr. be contributing to the team’s recent shortcomings?

In short, yes.

Jaren Jackson Jr.’s return has caused the Grizzlies to go from the best scoring team in the league to one of the worst.

Having said that, there are some clear chemistry issues right now when JJJ is on the court.

Jackson Jr. will also have some settling in to do as a shooter, as his 3-point shot has been… well, broken since his return. Maybe he has been spending too much time around Justise Winslow during both of their recoveries, as each of these players are shooting under 20% from long range.

Talk about over-reaction to limited information. The Grizzlies were red-hot in April but for the season they have been among the worst shooting teams in the league. Isn't it more likely that the team's hot streak ended on its own and JJJ had little impact on that other than it being poor timing? 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Talk about over-reaction to limited information. The Grizzlies were red-hot in April but for the season they have been among the worst shooting teams in the league. Isn't it more likely that the team's hot streak ended on its own and JJJ had little impact on that other than it being poor timing? 

I just copy/paste this...Jaren will get his chance against Lakerz...he will be a hero or a zero then...until then it's just noise... 

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

I just copy/paste this...Jaren will get his chance against Lakerz...he will be a hero or a zero then...until then it's just noise... 

We've talked about your copying and pasting habits...

But I wasn't talking to you but the author of the article who apparently doesn't understand the law of large numbers and the danger of making deductions from limited information. Blaming JJJ for the team's collapse of late (when fatigue would appear to be the bigger issue) is just click bait. 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

the author of the article who apparently doesn't understand the law of large numbers

Most people don't. 

28 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

But I wasn't talking to you but the author of the article who apparently doesn't understand the law of large numbers and the danger of making deductions from limited information. Blaming JJJ for the team's collapse of late (when fatigue would appear to be the bigger issue) is just click bait. 

Self-declared expert Jack Williams has to put out a certain number of words every so often. That doesn't means the words have to make sense.

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Self-declared expert Jack Williams has to put out a certain number of words every so often. That doesn't means the words have to make sense.

Image result for giggle gif

8 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

In short, yes.

It is tough to throw major role players into a team that has found their way without them. This isn't like when there is a trade and a starter or role player are replaced with some other player or two, Grizzlies are trying to fit a square peg into a slightly smaller round whole. 

The Lakers are having trouble getting back into a groove since AD (and LBJ) have returned, and they were with the Lakers in the bubble and to start the season.

JJJ, and Justise, haven't had a training camp or off-season with the team this year.  At this point in time, the team/FO needs to base their decision on both based on work ethic, coachability, and what they see both on and off the court.

Just now, Grizzled Vet said:

It is tough to throw major role players into a team that has found their way without them. This isn't like when there is a trade and a starter or role player are replaced with some other player or two, Grizzlies are trying to fit a square peg into a slightly smaller round whole. 

The Lakers are having trouble getting back into a groove since AD (and LBJ) have returned, and they were with the Lakers in the bubble and to start the season.

JJJ, and Justise, haven't had a training camp or off-season with the team this year.  At this point in time, the team/FO needs to base their decision on both based on work ethic, coachability, and what they see both on and off the court.

What concerns me the most is broken jump shot...same with Clark...and Winslow...do we have a shooting coach who is a unwilling saboteur?...If your leg is injured you can still shoot...you can come back with amazing shooting improvement...so...you do nothing/enough shooting....or for some reason someone tells you to experiment change shooting form...and you comeback with a broken jumper...and if jumper is broken Jaren is useless  

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Right. Its a fan blog with amateur writers, I don't put any more stock into those articles than I do what gets posted on these boards. 

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Actually this is a troll attempt by the poster to post conveniently edited fake news.

If one actually clicks the article, it does not say what is "cut and pasted" above

This is actually what it says:

Logically speaking, it’s not fair to say that Jaren Jackson Jr.’s return has caused the Grizzlies to go from the best scoring team in the league to one of the worst. It’s impossible for a player who has been playing 22 minutes per game since his return to have that much of an impact.

Not to mention the fact that he didn’t even play in two of the games in the aforementioned stretch as he continues his recovery.

Having said that, there are some clear chemistry issues right now when JJJ is on the court. He doesn’t have a jarringly negative impact on this team, but the offense doesn’t run as smoothly when he’s out on the court.

This isn’t cause for alarm though, as we know that JJJ is one of the most capable shooters on this team. It’s only a matter of time before his shots start to fall.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, Lugan Village said:

Does taylor Jenkins think that way?

I would imagine so, but he has no choice to get him involved.

13 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Actually this is a troll attempt by the poster to post conveniently edited fake news.

If one actually clicks the article, it does not say what is "cut and pasted" above

This is actually what it says:

Logically speaking, it’s not fair to say that Jaren Jackson Jr.’s return has caused the Grizzlies to go from the best scoring team in the league to one of the worst. It’s impossible for a player who has been playing 22 minutes per game since his return to have that much of an impact.

Not to mention the fact that he didn’t even play in two of the games in the aforementioned stretch as he continues his recovery.

Having said that, there are some clear chemistry issues right now when JJJ is on the court. He doesn’t have a jarringly negative impact on this team, but the offense doesn’t run as smoothly when he’s out on the court.

This isn’t cause for alarm though, as we know that JJJ is one of the most capable shooters on this team. It’s only a matter of time before his shots start to fall.

I'm glad he didn't blame JJJ. The title suggested he did. 

The biggest problem with Jaren, that affects other players as well, negatively,  is something that can be corrected..... only by Jaren.

And that is - his mopping sleepy eye reaction after every time he gets called for a foul.      He portrays himself as a weak "baby huey" when he does that.    

What Jaren needs is acting classes on how not to mope.     I may be spelling that word wrong.

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

The biggest problem with Jaren, that affects other players as well, negatively,  is something that can be corrected..... only by Jaren.

And that is - his mopping sleepy eye reaction after every time he gets called for a foul.      He portrays himself as a weak "baby huey" when he does that.    

What Jaren needs is acting classes on how not to mope.     I may be spelling that word wrong.

he's still immature and it shows in his game...that why i am not worried about 3js...grown man jaren is going to be one heck of a player

9 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

he's still immature and it shows in his game...that why i am not worried about 3js...grown man jaren is going to be one heck of a player

Yes.    He is just at that age, and in part I think he reacts the way he does is because he is good person and feels he is letting down his team..    

We will click soon. Man people were overacting on Grizzlies FB and Twitter about JJJ. 

20 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

If Jaren can't play consecutive games even games are not back to back....should we just shoot him down for a season?

No.