chipc3

Where Will The Grizzlies Finish?

Grizzlies Conference Standing  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What spot will the Grizzlies finish the season in?

Where will the Grizzlies finish in the Western Conference? 

I think they finish eighth but they need to cut the Justise experiment if they really wanna focus on the playoffs. I feel the bench is better suited with Tyus as the pg they are more used to playing with him. Justise is a lost cause at this point this was supposed to be his evaluation year but he was held out too long or he wasn’t healthy enough to be on the floor. Either way don’t jeopardize the rest of the team for one player.

I don't think there is going to be much change in the West from where it stands now, except the Grizzlies will be at 7 and the Blazers at 8.  That is going to set up a lot of early rematches from last year.

Grizz v Blazers in a play-in game.

Lakers v Nuggets is rematch from last year, as is Clippers v Mavs.

I like the Grizzlies in a 1 game match up with the Blazers, and then the old nemesis Chris Paul will be waiting.

And I'd rather play the Suns instead of Mike Conley's Utah Jazz or the Clippers, who I think will be in WCF.

So, I think the West ends up

Jazz

Suns

Clippers

Nuggets

Lakers

Mavs

Grizz

Blazers

Warriors

Spurs.

Play-in:

Grizz over Blazers, Warriors over Spurs and then over Blazers.

Ok, I've wasted an hour at work on this. Looking at schedules.  Here's the prediction:

Grizzlies:  39-33 to finish 7th.

Warriors:  38-34 to finish 8th.

Blazers:    37-35 to finish 9th.

Spurs:       35-37 to finish 10th.

And have you seen the Spurs schedule the rest of the way?  @Heat, @Celtics, 76ers, @Utah, @Utah, @Kings, @Blazers, Bucks, @Nets, @Knicks, Suns, Suns.  I gave them 4 wins the rest of the way, and that might be too many. 

I’m with @Grizzled Vet.

The playoffs this year are going to be must see tv.

The West is loaded.

Grizz at 7th … paying Portland back for last years thumping.

1 game play- in is doable… a series against Dame - worries me. We are a young team that has not been full strength all season. 

7 Grizz - Ja

9 Warriors - Steph 

8 Blazers - Dame 

10 Spurs - Pops

6 Mavs - Luka

5 Lakers - LeBron , AD and them

4 Nuggets - Joker

3 Clippers - The Claw and PG

2 Suns - Booker and CP

1 Jazz - everybody 

4 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Ok, I've wasted an hour at work on this. Looking at schedules.  Here's the prediction:

Grizzlies:  39-33 to finish 7th.

Warriors:  38-34 to finish 8th.

Blazers:    37-35 to finish 9th.

Spurs:       35-37 to finish 10th.

And have you seen the Spurs schedule the rest of the way?  @Heat, @Celtics, 76ers, @Utah, @Utah, @Kings, @Blazers, Bucks, @Nets, @Knicks, Suns, Suns.  I gave them 4 wins the rest of the way, and that might be too many. 

The J Crew:  Sorry boss, but I got my priorities ok?

7th and facing the Warriors. Unless Curry goes supernova and scores 40+, we win that game. If not, we win the 2nd play-in game against the Blazers. If not, we move up in the lottery to #2.

I'm feeling more confident about my 10th place finish prediction after the last two games. 

Looking at the schedule remaining, the Grizzlies play Orlando back to back with travel, then fly back to play the red-hot Knicks the day afterwards before flying up to Minnesota, then Detroit the next night and then Toronto the day afterwards. That will be back to back 3 games in 4 days with traveling sets.

The Grizzlies then come home to play New Orleans and Dallas back to back, get a day off then play Sacramento back to back ( 4 games in 5 days) before finishing at Golden State. There is literally only one day in May where the Grizzlies have a day off at home and that is between two back to back sets.  

It's possible New Orleans and Sacramento will be eliminated before the Grizzlies have to play them but that doesn't mean they are easy or even automatic wins with fatigue playing a major factor. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I'm feeling more confident about my 10th place finish prediction after the last two games. 

Looking at the schedule remaining, the Grizzlies play Orlando back to back with travel, then fly back to play the red-hot Knicks the day afterwards before flying up to Minnesota, then Detroit the next night and then Toronto the day afterwards. That will be back to back 3 games in 4 days with traveling sets.

The Grizzlies then come home to play New Orleans and Dallas back to back, get a day off then play Sacramento back to back ( 4 games in 5 days) before finishing at Golden State. There is literally only one day in May where the Grizzlies have a day off at home and that is between two back to back sets.  

It's possible New Orleans and Sacramento will be eliminated before the Grizzlies have to play them but that doesn't mean they are easy or even automatic wins with fatigue playing a major factor. 

Our schedule is rough in terms of B2Bs and travel, but the Spurs and Blazers have absolutely horrific schedules. I'm struggling to see how we even fall to 9, much less 10.

Don't forget we got the tiebreaker over the Blazers and Spurs so all we gotta do is tie them. I think it'll come down to that last game vs GSW whether we finish 7th or 8th. Leaning more to 8th.

I am thinking that we are overlooking one thing -> regardless of the records of some of the teams close to us - we cannot overlook experience. 

We can blitz pretty much any team in the NBA once maybe force our will on them twice. We still have to pay our dues. Show our work. 

Seeing the same guys for a series ... gameplan for guys both players AND coaches that have been doing this... guys that made their NAMES from their shine in the postseason... yeahhh - nahhh. 

Not yet.

I still stand by @Grizzled Vet's original prediction. After the play-in game ... we will make a good snack for the one seed. 

THIS season.

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I am thinking that we are overlooking one thing -> regardless of the records of some of the teams close to us - we cannot overlook experience. 

We can blitz pretty much any team in the NBA once maybe force our will on them twice. We still have to pay our dues. Show our work. 

Seeing the same guys for a series ... gameplan for guys both players AND coaches that have been doing this... guys that made their NAMES from their shine in the postseason... yeahhh - nahhh. 

Not yet.

I still stand by @Grizzled Vet's original prediction. After the play-in game ... we will make a good snack for the one seed. 

THIS season.

I agree 100%...but if we win play in...Suns are just as green as us.

Scoreboard watching - TWolves beating GS late in 4th.  I'll take it!  Rubio somehow doing a Curry impersonation.

6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I agree 100%...but if we win play in...Suns are just as green as us.

They have Paul and Crowder thou

12 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

and We have JV

That we do! He's certainly our most experienced playoff performer. We have the following guys that have playoff experience:

Tyus - 4 games, 0 starts, 55 minutes
Kyle - 30 games, 2 starts, 397 minutes
Justise - 18 games, 2 starts, 455 minutes
Grayson - 2 games, 0 starts, 14 minutes
Jonas - 43 games, 36 starts, 1097 minutes

Total of 2018 minutes of playoff experience

My only point is that if you're arguing the Suns are as green as us...well, that's just not remotely true. Chris Paul alone more than doubles our entire team's playoff experience. And even Crowder alone has more playoff experience than our entire team. They're not the only guys on the team with playoff experience either. 

Chris Paul - 109 games, 109 starts, 4061 minutes
Jae Crowder - 72 games, 51 starts, 2087 minutes
Dario Saric - 10 games, 10 starts, 329 minutes
Frank Kaminsky - 7 games, 5 starts, 190 minutes
Torrey Craig - 33 games, 14 starts, 705 minutes
E'Twaun Moore - 21 games, 9 starts, 314 minutes
Langston Gallaway - 4 games, 0 starts, 110 minutes
Abdel Nader - 17 games, 0 starts, 63 minutes

This is why I don't gamble. Portland looking dead, had lost 5 straight, and 7 of 8. Leaving for a 6 game road trip. 

And then they win the first 4 games of the roadie by a total of 71 points.  

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

This is why I don't gamble. Portland looking dead, had lost 5 straight, and 7 of 8. Leaving for a 6 game road trip. 

And then they win the first 4 games of the roadie by a total of 71 points.  

To be fair, the NBA this season has had quite a bit of stuff happens that defies logic, and most of us don't notice it on a national level, and probably over react when it happens to our favorite team in blue. For example

Blazers fall to 8th place after losing 5 in a row and 7 of 8.  Then DOMINATE in 4 straight games, 3 against playoff teams and 1 against a play-in candidate.  Now tied for 5th with fizzling Lakers and whatever Mavs team is showing up on a given night..

Lakers beat Jazz in OT to hold steady in 5th place, just a few days before AD and LeBron return.  Since AD has returned, the Lakers have looked terrible, dropping 5 of 6 including 3 against teams that would not be in the traditional playoffs.  Now tied with 2 other teams for 5th-7th.

One week after dropping a "what the ......" loss to the Houston Rockets, the Mavs beat the Grizzlies on a miraculous shot by Luka, win 6 of next 7 games against teams NOT named Sacramento Kings.  Unfortunately, they did play (and lose) 3 times against those Kings, and they weren't really even close at the end.

The experience Warriors just went 3-3 in last 6 games, with two of those losses to the T'Wolves and Wizards.

And good luck explaining the Pelicans season.

So yes, the Magic loss is crazy, but not unprecedented craziness, even with the last couple weeks of the teams the Grizzlies are competing against, but those games are happening almost every night in the NBA this year.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:41 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

To be fair, the NBA this season has had quite a bit of stuff happens that defies logic, and most of us don't notice it on a national level, and probably over react when it happens to our favorite team in blue. For example

Blazers fall to 8th place after losing 5 in a row and 7 of 8.  Then DOMINATE in 4 straight games, 3 against playoff teams and 1 against a play-in candidate.  Now tied for 5th with fizzling Lakers and whatever Mavs team is showing up on a given night..

Lakers beat Jazz in OT to hold steady in 5th place, just a few days before AD and LeBron return.  Since AD has returned, the Lakers have looked terrible, dropping 5 of 6 including 3 against teams that would not be in the traditional playoffs.  Now tied with 2 other teams for 5th-7th.

One week after dropping a "what the ......" loss to the Houston Rockets, the Mavs beat the Grizzlies on a miraculous shot by Luka, win 6 of next 7 games against teams NOT named Sacramento Kings.  Unfortunately, they did play (and lose) 3 times against those Kings, and they weren't really even close at the end.

The experience Warriors just went 3-3 in last 6 games, with two of those losses to the T'Wolves and Wizards.

So yes, the Magic loss is crazy, but not unprecedented craziness, even with the last couple weeks of the teams the Grizzlies are competing against, but those games are happening almost every night in the NBA this year.

Great post!

On 5/4/2021 at 1:41 AM, Grizzled Vet said:

can't say more. This season is complitely crazy... NO beat GSW tonight....