chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 5/5/21

Grizzlies Game Time Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, May 5, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Minnesota Timberwolves

Television: Bally SportsSouth, NBA LP

Memphis Radio: 92.9 FM, 680 AM

Promotions: None

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Probable Starting 5

Ja Morant Grayson Allen Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas
Ja Morant Grayson Allen Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas

Wolves Probable Starting 5

Ricky Rubio Anthony Edwards Josh Okogie Jaden McDaniels Karl-Anthony Towns
Ricky Rubio Anthony Edwards Jaden McDaniels Jarred Vanderbilt Karl-Anthony Towns

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Desmond Bane, Brandon Clarke, Tim Frazier, Jaren Jackson, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2way), De'Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie (2way), Gorgui Dieng, Justise Winslow 

Minnesota: Malik Beasley, Jarret Culver, Ed Davis, Juancho Hernangomez, Jake Layman, Jordan McLaughlin, Jaylen Nowell, Naz Reid, D'Angelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Wolves: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

This will be a very HARD game

Grizz unlucky with the schedule in this game. 1st, T'Wolves are playing well, have won 4 of 5, including  beating Utah back to back on a home and home.

And, somehow, T'Wolves will have 3 full days of rest between home games by the time they play us tomorrow night. How often has this happened in the crammed in schedule this season? Last game was Saturday at home vs. the Pels. So we are at a severe rest disadvantage. 

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Gumby Bowie Jr. status/injury report is really getting on my nerves....

Any idea why 3j is sitting this one? It will have been 2 days since he last played...what’s up?

10 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Any idea why 3j is sitting this one? It will have been 2 days since he last played...what’s up?

They’ve been resting him on back to backs since returning from injury

3 hours ago, Subliminal said:

They’ve been resting him on back to backs since returning from injury

And if you're gonna sit him on a B2B, might as well do it on earlier one so he gets extra rest

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Must Win. Don't wanna know if Wolves play well or not. It's Money time, wil be interesting to see how our young team handle  it.

I agree 💯! Especially look forward to seeing Ja’s response 

question: has anyone else gotten the feeling lately that Ja takes possessions off on defense?

3 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

question: has anyone else gotten the feeling lately that Ja takes possessions off on defense?

Ja defense is terrible since the beggining of the season. He improve a bit on shooting even if he is still far from beeing good but defense is just awful. I have the feeling sometime that we defend with 4 players  and attack with 5, pretty frustrating.

2 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Ja defense is terrible since the beggining of the season. He improve a bit on shooting even if he is still far from beeing good but defense is just awful. I have the feeling sometime that we defend with 4 players  and attack with 5, pretty frustrating.

Agreed he lets ppl run around him which kills our momentum 

5 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Ja is our future he's only 21y old...does everything for us on offence....he can do no wrong.

IMHO criticizing  Ja or JV should not be  allowed on any Grizz board.

Our guys just look like they are out of gas the energy has been lacking and that's with a 10 man rotation.

Hopely they will snap out of it on this one.

12 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

Protecting him from criticism. 😂🤣

Seriously, they are taking every reasonable precaution to heal perfectly before subjecting him to the NBA grind everyone else is dealing with. The FO and coaching staff want him integrated and healthy for the play-in games. They know he provides the team the best chance for advancement into the playoffs if he is healthy and in game shape. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Protecting him from criticism. 😂🤣

Seriously, they are taking every reasonable precaution to heal perfectly before subjecting him to the NBA grind everyone else is dealing with. The FO and coaching staff want him integrated and healthy for the play-in games. They know he provides the team the best chance for advancement into the playoffs if he is healthy and in game shape. 

Yes, but it also kills any attempt to establish some continuity unless the plan is just insert Brandon Clarke into the JJJ minutes, which i  don't think it is.

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes, but it also kills any attempt to establish some continuity unless the plan is just insert Brandon Clarke into the JJJ minutes, which i  don't think it is.

Chemistry is important but as I said in a different thread, the FO probably is thinking that they have three scenarios to consider:

1. Gradually work JJJ and Winslow into the rotation to see if that doesn't make the team better for the playoffs
  2. Gradually work JJJ and Winslow back into the rotation which causes disruption and the team get's a higher draft pick
  3. Maintain the status quo, wear out the rotation with this killer schedule and make the playoffs but get blown out immediately 

Of the three options only one doesn't create some excitement for next season. 

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Chemistry is important but as I said in a different thread, the FO probably is thinking that they have three scenarios to consider:

1. Gradually work JJJ and Winslow into the rotation to see if that doesn't make the team better for the playoffs
  2. Gradually work JJJ and Winslow back into the rotation which causes disruption and the team get's a higher draft pick
  3. Maintain the status quo, wear out the rotation with this killer schedule and make the playoffs but get blown out immediately 

Of the three options only one doesn't create some excitement for next season. 

My prediction on what is gonna happen.

1 We finish 8th get Lakerz and lose in the last 2 min blowing 8 point lead because of LeBron flop.

2. Play GSW and lose in the last 2 min blowing 8 point lead with Curry buzzer beater.

3 Win the lottery 2nd pick

4 Draft Suggs

7 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

1 We finish 8th get Lakerz and lose in the last 2 min blowing 8 point lead because of LeBron flop.

2. Play GSW and lose in the last 2 min blowing 8 point lead with Curry buzzer beater.

4 Draft Suggs

Can we hold you to this prediction or will you change it later? 

I hope I am wrong but my prediction is the Grizzlies finish in 9th place, beat the Spurs but lose to the loser between Portland and Golden State. Get the last pick in the lottery and take Corey Kispert which sends most of the posters into epileptic shock. 

I know that sounds apocalyptic but I always prefer to be surprised on the upside rather than disappointed on the downside.  

14 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Can we hold you to this prediction or will you change it later? 

I hope I am wrong but my prediction is the Grizzlies finish in 9th place, beat the Spurs but lose to the loser between Portland and Golden State. Get the last pick in the lottery and take Corey Kispert which sends most of the posters into epileptic shock. 

I know that sounds apocalyptic but I always prefer to be surprised on the upside rather than disappointed on the downside.  

This prediction is final.

1 minute ago, I❤️JV said:

This prediction is final.

Not really. I imagine the Grizzlies will draft someone like Ziaire Williamson from Stanford or Moses Moody from Arkansas but otherwise you can lock in my answer. 

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

4 Draft Suggs

Ja and Suggs would be a great backcourt.  

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

With Ja Morant and Anthony Edwards playing, tonight’s game could be Poster De Mayo.

One of these, but signed?

signed-oj-mayo-picture-8x10-bas-number-b