Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

New York Knicks vs Memphis Grizzlies - 5/3/21

Just now, srmjr23 said:

No place for that trash on the board is all I'm saying. I'm sure mods will address it  so I'll stay out of it beyond all this.

Still narcing, smh. Does it make you feel good to see a fellow poster get punished? 

8 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Still narcing, smh. Does it make you feel good to see a fellow poster get punished? 

Lets do ourselves a favor and ignore the rest of each others messages. How bout it?  

edit: shoutout to the ignore feature. a beautiful thing, making the board better one poster at a time.

15 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Eh let him go, ha I do prob deserve a temp ban or something for it but we will see.

As he said in his post above, just ignore each other. He clearly detests me as a poster, and I am no fan of him stalking me, quoting everything I post, and sending me salty DMs like a jilted lover.

Just gotta let it be 😀 

2 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

The Grizzlies and Refs at the end of that game.

LOL it was exactly like that...

look at the BRIGHT side with the spurs and new orleans losing the Grizzlies should BACK in to the Play off 

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Brooks messing around and growing into our 3rd best player. 

yup

This is 2021. I’m not going to preach about how to ‘internet’.

The disrespect and personal attacks that are not allowed on this message board are flying high in this thread.

While I cannot force you guys to respect each other, I can , and I WILL, enforce the rules of posting on this board.

Some of you I’d hate to ban. 

Others - I can’t wait to smash.

Anybody can get it.

Knock it off.

we lost to a better team last night. 

my issue wasn’t that we lost, though I can’t stand losing. my issue was where was the effort earlier? where was our passion? the griz needed to come out with swagger and force and just didn’t seem to until later- 3rd qtr db!!

hopefully, that changes soon. 
go griz. 

slim. 

42 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

we lost to a better team last night. 

my issue wasn’t that we lost, though I can’t stand losing. my issue was where was the effort earlier? where was our passion? the griz needed to come out with swagger and force and just didn’t seem to until later- 3rd qtr db!!

hopefully, that changes soon. 
go griz. 

slim. 

Maybe with the front office signaling that the playoffs isn’t really the goal this year it causes the players to be flat?

We played without passion. Ja needs to play more fundamentally sound  basketball and less flashy Top 10 stuff.

Saying all that....Ja is a genius/artist and we're so lucky to have him...he can do no wrong in my eyes. As he matures so is our chances for the ultimate glory.

JV and DB are dogs and you need some mad dogs if you wanna win.

Grayson H8ers should be ashamed of themselves...yes Duke stuff...yes ...he or Tyler Hero has the most punchable face in the NBA...but come on guys...he (for what he's paid)...was/is simply excellent for us....and h8ing one of our players is just deplorable.

Jaren....one word description of our future superstar....SOFT 

9 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

What about running a 7 man rotation for the most part?

Starters: Ja/Bane/Dillon/Kyle/JV.  I am liking Jaren as the 6th man.  Melton as the 7th man.  A few minutes for Tillman and Tyus but also McDermott/Frazier/Tillie but only 3 or 4 minutes each.  

is the rotation the only problem, or what were attempting to do out there on every possession, or how were defending..especially against the 3?

7 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

This has got to be some offense that the mods will not tolerate. Calling for a ref to be murdered. Come on. Don't allow this.

It was an it has been handled. 

For everyone else's knowledge, we won't tolerate violent speech on the message boards either seriously or in jest. I was reading the thread this morning, saw the comment, dealt with it, and removed it. 

8 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Amen. And hope you’re right about next season.  Grizz are Grit n Grind, not complain and whine. 

we've gotten away from the grit and grind path...were lost.  JV and DB are our two G & G's, but DB whines too much and JV (whom I love), gives his share of talking as well.

1 minute ago, Lugan Village said:

we've gotten away from the grit and grind path...were lost.  JV and DB are our two G & G's, but DB whines too much and JV (whom I love), gives his share of talking as well.

Can't talk bad about Jonas...or you'll be charged for treason.

Yea i will concur DB and JV are the only two that i never question their effort.   This is the downside of so much youth and inexperience when it comes to the games increasing in intensity.  

If we want to make any noise going forward.   Taylor is gonna have to stick to current rotation and allow players to become comfortable with that.  If he keeps yanking guys in and out no chemistry will be developed. 

Hard to watch last night, didnt feel like the guys could get going.  Seems mental to me right now.

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

This is 2021. I’m not going to preach about how to ‘internet’.

The disrespect and personal attacks that are not allowed on this message board are flying high in this thread.

While I cannot force you guys to respect each other, I can , and I WILL, enforce the rules of posting on this board.

Some of you I’d hate to ban. 

Others - I can’t wait to smash.

Anybody can get it.

Knock it off.

Lots of mental fatigue right now.  If posters are starting to meltdown from this drain, think of why the players might be a little flat.  

They should have rested players in Denver.  They need to start resting players now.  Play Winslow and Clark next game and sit 2-3 other players for Minnesota.

I'd rather see fresh reserves play a game instead of tired starters.

As far as posters go, time to go refresh with some bbq or fried chicken or burgers and but cut back on the late night drinking.  We can't have hungover posters down the stretch.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Lots of mental fatigue right now.  If posters are starting to meltdown from this drain, think of why the players might be a little flat.  

They should have rested players in Denver.  They need to start resting players now.  Play Winslow and Clark next game and sit 2-3 other players for Minnesota.

I'd rather see fresh reserves play a game instead of tired starters.

As far as posters go, time to go refresh with some bbq or fried chicken or burgers and but cut back on the late night drinking.  We can't have hungover posters down the stretch.

I definitely agree that players should have been rested in Denver. I'm surprised this FO/staff didn't use THE Spurs approach and pick a game we were very likely to lose and choose that game to rest everyone. The guys have played literally every other day since the all-star break. 

4 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

JV (whom I love), gives his share of talking as well.

I forget which international player it was, but someone swore vigorously at a ref in Lithuanian or something, only to find that the ref was expecting it and had researched some swear words in that language. The player got a T and walked away laughing. 

20 minutes ago, TimBC said:

I forget which international player it was, but someone swore vigorously at a ref in Lithuanian or something, only to find that the ref was expecting it and had researched some swear words in that language. The player got a T and walked away laughing. 

Or the ref was Gediminas Petraitis who is Lithuanian.

Looking again at the game. And Taylor's blow up at the end. I think Taylor really wanted this game. Jacked up the minutes for an already tired team - Ja played 38 minutes, Dillon 35, Jonas 35, Kyle 32. 3 of the 10 rotation guys played under 10 minutes - Tyus, Xavier and DeAnthony.

So Taylor coached it like a playoff game. And with a minute left, he saw it wasn't going to be enough, and went off on the refs and got tossed. 

15 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Knicks were called for 21 fouls tonight. Grizz only had 14. Our starting guards were 2 of 18 tonight. 

oouuhhh.... 2 of 18.   That's not good.

It was a wild finish though at the last.    One of those rare rare things.    It did not upset me at all, because although the chance to win slipped through our fingers,  the finish with all the techs and getting tossed  is a memory moment.  

I say put a 😁😁😁 smile on our face as posters, and get ready for the next game.

1 minute ago, Joey Crawford said:

oouuhhh.... 2 of 18.   That's not good.

It was a wild finish though at the last.    One of those rare rare things.    It did not upset me at all, because although the chance to win slipped through our fingers,  the finish with all the techs and getting tossed  is a memory moment.  

I say put a 😁😁😁 smile on our face as posters, and get ready for the next game.

Yep. No other choice. 

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think Central Barbque on Central (by the Liberty Bowl) has their dining room back open ... if not, there is another Central Barbeque on Poplar by the Target and BestBuy.

Outstanding Barbrque - both pork and chicken.

I always get pulled pork and pulled chicken same plate with bbq sauce on the side, pickles, coleslaw and a bun. They also have some homemade chips that are delicious.

If we decide that we arent partaking of alcolic spirits then, well ... this is Memphis . We always have some sweet lemon iced tea waiting to be poured up. Arnold Palmers by the pitcher!

Shall I make reservations?

As for the late night drinking... it's ok to sip , right at a reasonable hour? Tenessee gentlemen southern styled charm.

And a shot or two of Black Jack amongst friends can't hurt , right?

now i'm hungry

5 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

THE Spurs approach and pick a game we were very likely to lose and choose that game to rest everyone.

Pops runs that team like a well oiled machine.

Even when they are not at the top of the rankings - they are always close enough to ruin some team's day... the thing is - they do this constantly ... consistently.