Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

New York Knicks vs Memphis Grizzlies - 5/3/21

Recommended Posts

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Monday, May 3, 8:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs New York Knicks

Location: FedEx Forum

 Television: NBALP | Bally Sports South

 Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 


Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson 202685.png

Knicks Starting 5

Elfrid Payton R J Barrett Reggie Bullock Julius Randle Nerlons Noel
ElfridPayton RJBarrett ReggieBullock JuliusRandle NerlensNoel

Benches

Memphis: Grayson Allen (Q), Brandon Clarke, Tyus Jones, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Jaren Jackson Jr, Sean McDermott (2), De’Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter, Killean Tillie (2), Xavier Tillman, Justise Winslow 

New York: Alex Burks, Taj Gibson, Jared Harper, Kevin Knox II, Frank Ntilikina, Theo Pinson, Immanuel Quickley, Mitchell Robinson, Derrick Rose, Obi Toppin

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Knicks: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Game may determined  were the Grizzlies may be seeded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lions said:

This Game may determined  were the Grizzlies may be seated 

Like where they are sitting on the bench? Not sure how that would affect the game too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Like where they are sitting on the bench? Not sure how that would affect the game too much 

Grammar police....is deplorable and sad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must win. In fact, Grizz just gotta win out at this point. Its doable, and if they wanna make some real noise this year, they gotta get on a real win streak to end the season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Must win. In fact, Grizz just gotta win out at this point. Its doable, and if they wanna make some real noise this year, they gotta get on a real win streak to end the season. 

 

Yeah seems just like last year, we are good, just not enought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Yeah seems just like last year, we are good, just not enought.

Without 3J and Winslow ....we are good....unfortunately FO priorities are dragging us dawn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Grizzlies have lost 3 of 4.  Starting with their comeback win over the Grizzlies, the Knicks have won 12 of 13.

 

Good to see the Spurs lost last night . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Loss

after losing 3 out of 4 the Grizzlies are Due for one of those 3/4 game winning  streaks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

 

Last night, sure seemed like Noel would be out tonight. Noel left the game in the 1st half and didn't return. But, we are talking about Thibs here, so you never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's bring it guys.  It's winning time!  Tired of all the negativity - winning will help tremendously.  Time to make a decision on the 9-10 man rotation and go with it for rest of season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen A Smith, ESPN, is a big Knicks fan.    So if they lose to the grizzlies - my hope is baby Stephen A comes on his show and gives him a hard time.       If you don't know about baby Stephen A, you can go to You Tube and do a search on baby Stephen A.      He is hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is Dillon will have a monster game after calling out the effort and consistency from "some" of his team mates.  I see him throwing up at least 22 shots, 9 of which will be from 3 point, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, and a plus/minus of 15 or greater, and a season high of more than 33 points...He's a guy that puts it out there, and he will deliver huge, at home, tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

My prediction is Dillon will have a monster game after calling out the effort and consistency from "some" of his team mates.  I see him throwing up at least 22 shots, 9 of which will be from 3 point, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, and a plus/minus of 15 or greater, and a season high of more than 33 points...He's a guy that puts it out there, and he will deliver huge, at home, tonight.

Just as likely is that the guy or guys he was calling out will slack off again, and DB will go off on them right there on the floor. Or perhaps a halftime fist fight in the room. There will be a team meeting after the game, apologies all round, and the callees MIGHT play hard the rest of this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be transparent, I was kinda mocking DB and and let's see if he delivers.  Maybe I should have been more obvious and called out more. 

I think it would be smart to load up with heavy dose of JV tonight.  The team has overlooked him recently, they need to go back to fundamentals and the strength they have showed all year in the paint, AND if Noel is tender with injured ankle or Gordon who is 35lbs lighter and 3 inches shorter is the matchup, that is where JA needs to give extra attention to.  Maybe this is the game where 3J starts, and X becomes the appointed back-up to JV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start Jaren at the 4 and hope that Julius Randle, PhD doesn’t kill him too bad and start Brandon Clarke at the 3 — hopefully he can guard Reggie Bullock.  If not we need to trade him on draft night.  DB shifts to the 2 so hopefully he can lock up RJ Barrett.  Bane/Melton/Kyle/Tillman should be the only bench guys we play other than giving backup point guard spot duty minutes split up between Tyus and Frazier.  Maybe give 6 or 7 to Tyus and 5 to Frazier.  Let’s see if Melton can handle the point guard slot for 2 or 3 minutes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Start Jaren at the 4 and hope that Julius Randle, PhD doesn’t kill him too bad and start Brandon Clarke at the 3 — hopefully he can guard Reggie Bullock.  If not we need to trade him on draft night.  DB shifts to the 2 so hopefully he can lock up RJ Barrett.  Bane/Melton/Kyle/Tillman should be the only bench guys we play other than giving backup point guard spot duty minutes split up between Tyus and Frazier.  Maybe give 6 or 7 to Tyus and 5 to Frazier.  Let’s see if Melton can handle the point guard slot for 2 or 3 minutes....

Brandon can't play 3....funny how fast he has fallen....from untradable core 4 to DNP CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this