chipc3

What Will Be the New Starting Rotation?

With Jaren Jackson's return to the lineup imminent, what do you expect the new starting rotation to be assuming Jaren is starting at PF? 

I wouldn't change it. I would have JJJ coming off of the bench in limited minutes for like every other game for the rest of the season until he proves he's healthy and can play longer minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I wouldn't change it. I would have JJJ coming off of the bench in limited minutes for like every other game for the rest of the year until he proves he's healthy and can play longer minutes. 

Makes sense but what a boring answer! 😉

JJJ will probably be put immediately into the starting lineup.   I think they won't let him play unless  he is completely healthy.   

Ja/Tyus

Grayson/Melton

Dillon/Bane

Jaren/Kyle

Jonas/Brandon

I expect Tillman to be out of the rotation.  Real question is what happens when both Justise and Jaren are both available. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Makes sense but what a boring answer! 😉

Uhh ok. Once JJJ returns we are cutting JV and starting JJJ at C and BC at the 4 with Dillon at the 3, Bane at the two and Tyus Jones at the 1 while we exile Ja.....is that better?

7 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Uhh ok. Once JJJ returns we are cutting JV and starting JJJ at C and BC at the 4 with Dillon at the 3, Bane at the two and Tyus Jones at the 1 while we exile Ja.....is that better?

Needs more bloodshed but it's a start

34 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

JJJ will probably be put immediately into the starting lineup.   I think they won't let him play unless  he is completely healthy.   

Ja/Tyus

Grayson/Melton

Dillon/Bane

Jaren/Kyle

Jonas/Brandon

I expect Tillman to be out of the rotation.  Real question is what happens when both Justise and Jaren are both available. 

What are you doing with Dillon Brooks? 

I don't think JJJ should start over Kyle Anderson.  Kyle has had a really good season for us so far.  No reason to mess with his confidence and the team's chemistry in this stretch run.  Let him take minutes from Tillman and Bane but not Kyle.

59 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

He has a guy named Dillon starting at the 3

No chip is right that is Dillon Books.  I don't have Dillon Brooks in my lineup. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ja/Tyus

Grayson/Melton

Dillon/Bane

Jaren/Kyle

Jonas/Brandon

Bane probably gets out of it. With the schedule being so hard this year, Winslow and Jaren would probably not play back to backs and some choosen games.

It will come down to whether Coach sees a chance to win one of the games vs Portland.  We are playing decent ball without Jaren, and our best hope may be with JJJ in the second unit to play back into speed. 

However, if they blow us out in the first game, we have to roll the dice and start JJJ to see if that makes a difference. 

With all these games, they can't practise much. 

My lineup would be:

PG: Ja, Tyus, Melton
SG: Allen, Bane, Melton
SF: Kyle, Dillon, Winslow
PF: JJJ, Brandon, Kyle
C  Jonas, Xavier, Brandon

The team can go small and move Kyle to PF while Winslow and Melton's return will cause a logjam at the SF and SG positions but that is a good problem to have. Konchar, Tillie, Porter and McDermott are the bench warmers. I would be happy to see Porter, Tillie and McDermott getting burn with the Hustle honestly. 

16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

My lineup would be:

The team can go small and move Kyle to PF while Winslow and Melton's return will cause a logjam at the SF and SG positions but that is a good problem to have. Konchar, Tillie, Porter and McDermott are the bench warmers. I would be happy to see Porter, Tillie and McDermott getting burn with the Hustle honestly. 

This seems about right, man we have some assets to move up in the draft, and or make a two or three player for one better player next summer. I just hope JJJ is ready and stays healthy. I've enjoyed this .500 team more than some better ones on paper.

Ja/Jones

Grayson/Melton/Bane

Dillon/Winslow 

JJJ/Anderson

Jonas/Clarke

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

My lineup would be:

No way Melton gets bumped that far down the depth chart.  Answer is easily Ja/Allen/dillon/JJJ/JV and tyus/Melton/bane/Kyle/Brandon.  Tillman and Winslow knocked out of the rotation.  If Winslow is going to play, then he’ll knock tyus down the depth chart w/ Melton/bane/Winslow/Kyle/Brandon becoming a second unit.

Ja/Dillon/Kyle/Jaren/Jonas

Bench: Melton/Bane/Kyle/Clarke/Tillman

Tyus and Grayson can start up a Duke Blue Devils Alumni Semi-Pro Indoor Sports-Ball League.

DBDASPISBL rolls right off the tongue...

2 hours ago, grizz09 said:

No way Melton gets bumped that far down the depth chart.  Answer is easily Ja/Allen/dillon/JJJ/JV and tyus/Melton/bane/Kyle/Brandon.  Tillman and Winslow knocked out of the rotation.  If Winslow is going to play, then he’ll knock tyus down the depth chart w/ Melton/bane/Winslow/Kyle/Brandon becoming a second unit.

Melton hasn’t played for weeks and was never high on Jenkins list of “must play” guys before the injury. 

Sorry but that’s the truth.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

My lineup would be:

I like this line up better with Kyle in and Dillon on the bench because Kyle is a better and more intelligent passer/facilitator. 

JJJ when 100% is a superior offensive player to Dillon and I don't want Dillon taking shots away from him trying to prove himself. We know Dillon can have blinders on playing by himself and taking stupid shot after shot. 

Dillon can be the main weapon and angry energy off the bench. 

36 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Melton hasn’t played for weeks and was never high on Jenkins list of “must play” guys before the injury. 

Sorry but that’s the truth.

But has been over Bane in the rotation all season

He has played every game he’s been healthy enough to play in and averages 20 minutes per game. 

what are you talking about?

Ja/Tyus

Grayson/Melton (but if you ask me Melton should be starting)

Dillon/Bane/Justise (Justise for defense depending on the matchup, but Bane is just better than him right now)

Jaren/Kyle/Brandon

JV/Jaren (really meaning Brandon and Jaren will play together, where it doesn't really matter who the "5" is). 

34 minutes ago, Allen said:

But has been over Bane in the rotation all season

He has played every game he’s been healthy enough to play in and averages 20 minutes per game. 

what are you talking about?

Sorry but that isn’t true. Bane’s started ahead of Melton, he’s a first round pick so the FO and coaches have incentive to play him and Melton has sat out games when not injured.

I would vote for Ja/Melton/Kyle/JJJ/Jonas to start.

But there have been no indications that Melton will actually be considered to start when healthy despite his high level of play, so it's not what I expect to actually happen, just what I think should happen.

I think maybe they go with Ja/Dillon/Kyle/JJJ/Jonas.  Don't really think Kyle will be removed from the starting lineup given his consistent production this year.  Bench rotation gets interesting, I'd go for Tyus/Melton/Grayson/Bane/Clarke, but staggering with starters so that Kyle and Dillon shift to PF and SF with some mostly bench units.  Winslow when healthy I'm not sure deserves minutes over the guys in front of him but might be given them anyways.  Could see a healthy Melton getting squeezed again which would imo be kinda maddening.  

I do not think Jaren will be a starter. The current starter play quite well  and JJJ coming from the bench will make him more confortable and give him a cpl of games before putting him in a starting position.

If i was the coach i will let him 5-7 games coming from the bench first.

Actually I think JJJ will go directly to the starting 5 precisely because this is a throwaway season. Time and again we've seen how Jenkins has given players more time than their performance would justify, ostensibly to gather data on their individual performance as well as certain lineups, even if that meant risking a few extra Ls.

In JJJ's case the long term goal is to see how he works with the starters, so I expect Jenkins to start him, even if that disrupts the team's chemistry in the short term.

That's assuming he is healthy enough to play starter minutes, of course.