Kevin B Moses

I like a guy to have a chip on his shoulder and a little crazy

And Dillion Brooks is part of a long line of guys we had like that: from Bonzi Wells, to Lo Wright, to Matt Barnes to Zach(I'll beat yo ***) Randolph, and the king of it the grandfather (He wid us) Tony Allen.

The fact that dillion held a grudge that long proves that he should be LOVED in memphis.

As far as I am concerned, he is the only guy on this team with the spirit of gng: a guy with limited talent that will break every bone in his body to win a game.

I agree about Brooks being a guy to like, but only guy is wrong, I would say Ja is equally highly spirited and chippy.

13 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I agree about Brooks being a guy to like, but only guy is wrong, I would say Ja is equally highly spirited and chippy.

I don't.

Ja is typical of most players who flex when they get the best of you, but he is not on the level the old grizz players or brooks in that regard.

He is more similar to a rudy gay type who has a lot of talent but isn't a dog.

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And Dillion Brooks is part of a long line of guys we had like that: from Bonzi Wells, to Lo Wright, to Matt Barnes to Zach(I'll beat yo ***) Randolph, and the king of it the grandfather (He wid us) Tony Allen.

The fact that dillion held a grudge that long proves that he should be LOVED in memphis.

As far as I am concerned, he is the only guy on this team with the spirit of gng: a guy with limited talent that will break every bone in his body to win a game.

Finally someone with some sense. I think the majority of people who have been overly dismissive of Dillon have been projecting their own issues onto him. 

24 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Finally someone with some sense. I think the majority of people who have been overly dismissive of Dillon have been projecting their own issues onto him. 

I am not sure. I have rooted for many guys like him starting with Vernon Maxwell, who dillion reminds me of alot. 

Maxwell would jaw with Michael as soon as he got on the court. Maxwell was a little crazier than Tony was, but not by much.

6 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

So not Jaren and Konchar?

No. Lol, Jaren or Konchar, really?

Konchar plays the right way, but he is not going to body kyrie or somebody.

Grayson is dirty but not really a dog. The core four would whip grayson's *** if he did any stunts in a game. 

It is dillion. The only player that could get respect from the core four.

When we drafted Dillon Brooks I compared him to John Havlicek even though Hondo retired before I was born and never really binged watched the Human Havlicek Highlight Films.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

When we drafted Dillon Brooks I compared him to John Havlicek even though Hondo retired before I was born and never really binged watched the Human Havlicek Highlight Films.

He is more like Vernon Maxwell.

If you don't think JV is grit and grind I have to question whether you know what grit and grind is.

12 minutes ago, KyleB said:

If you don't think JV is grit and grind I have to question whether you know what grit and grind is.

It's grit 'n' grind. Or gng

Wtf is AND

8 minutes ago, KyleB said:

Yeah, JV is TOUGH.  Like... Arn Anderson.  ... and what’s that like Michael Jordan said in “The Last Dance” — “... and I took that personally.”  ... that’s JV.

Sleeper pick:  Xavier Tillman looks like a classic enforcer power forward like a Maurice Lucas or Rick Mahorn.  

P.S. oops.  Forgot about Tillie.  I feel like Jaren, Konchar and Tillie go to the movies together on the road, with trips to the mall afterwards.  Capped off with salads from the Cheesecake Factory.  

21 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yeah, JV is TOUGH.  Like... Arn Anderson.  ... and what’s that like Michael Jordan said in “The Last Dance” — “... and I took that personally.”  ... that’s JV.

Sleeper pick:  Xavier Tillman looks like a classic enforcer power forward like a Maurice Lucas or Rick Mahorn.  

P.S. oops.  Forgot about Tillie.  I feel like Jaren, Konchar and Tillie go to the movies together on the road, with trips to the mall afterwards.  Capped off with salads from the Cheesecake Factory.  

Jonas is a lovable lumberjack type, not a dog. I don't know enough about Tillman yet.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

how would you know? you stopped watching the games.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jonas is a lovable lumberjack type, not a dog. I don't know enough about Tillman yet.

Yeah agree, except don’t poke the lumberjack too often or in the wrong place

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I don't.

Ja is typical of most players who flex when they get the best of you, but he is not on the level the old grizz players or brooks in that regard.

He is more similar to a rudy gay type who has a lot of talent but isn't a dog.

of course you don't because you, obviously, have an agenda. 

ja is just flash in your mind.

I loved conley as much as a griz fan could and still do..but let's stop with the little agenda. it's getting old.

if a bball fan/mind can look at ja and simply dismiss him as a guy who flexes when its on and doesn't when not...sorry, but you look like a mike conley only fan who is miserable with the new girlfriend in griz' life. it is silly.

btw- I love db's fire and swag...

slim.

1 minute ago, memphis slim said:

of course you don't because you, obviously, have an agenda. 

ja is just flash in your mind.

I loved conley as much as a griz fan could and still do..but let's stop with the little agenda. it's getting old.

if a bball fan/mind can look at ja and simply dismiss him as a guy who flexes when its on and doesn't when not...sorry, but you look like a mike conley only fan who is miserable with the new girlfriend in griz' life. it is silly.

btw- I love db's fire and swag...

slim.

You got it wrong. The whole flexing and mean-mugging is typical of this era of basketball.

You'd never see it in other eras of basketball. But just because you mean-mug it does not mean you are a dog and willing to do anything to win.

That isn't to say that ja isn't talented, he is. But he has a long way to go before he understands the sacrifice it takes to win a championship.

It took jordan 6 years before he was ready to do anything.

Dillion already has that mindset, nobody else on the team does.

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

You got it wrong. The whole flexing and mean-mugging is typical of this era of basketball.

You'd never see it in other eras of basketball. But just because you mean-mug it does not mean you are a dog and willing to do anything to win.

That isn't to say that ja isn't talented, he is. But he has a long way to go before he understands the sacrifice it takes to win a championship.

It took jordan 6 years before he was ready to do anything.

Dillion already has that mindset, nobody else on the team does.

I love conley as much as you, but the fact of the matter- ja has a lot more talent than mc. just plain and simple. now, if you have a generational problem...ok, I get that- Im old...but, I guess you are saying in some sort of warped view that dbrooks is some kind of keeper over ja..

sorry kb. rock on.

slim.

8 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

I love conley as much as you, but the fact of the matter- ja has a lot more talent than mc. just plain and simple. now, if you have a generational problem...ok, I get that- Im old...but, I guess you are saying in some sort of warped view that dbrooks is some kind of keeper over ja..

sorry kb. rock on.

slim.

Lol, not really, but while people are talking about how dillion shoots us out of games and some are defending him, I jedi mind tricked the board by flipping the entire conversation around if he is the most gng player on the team. See how I did that?

Not an indictment on ja, just a way for me to confuse the haters, lol.

Now why would I reveal this, the haters will be hating again.

Hahaha

I am so intelligent.

I’m warming up to Dillon as a good player, although i think he needs to recognize and adjust when it’s not his night...instead of forcing shots from any part of the court, and in any situation.  Re his spirit and break very bone in his body, not sure about going that far..or maybe he can just be an ahole a few times too many. Maybe I’m wrong in reading him, let’s see if this good stretch for him continues

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol, not really, but while people are talking about how dillion shoots us out of games and some are defending him, I jedi mind tricked the board by flipping the entire conversation around if he is the most gng player on the team. See how I did that?

Not an indictment on ja, just a way for me to confuse the haters, lol.

Now why would I reveal this, the haters will be hating again.

Hahaha

I am so intelligent.

Woah man, mind blown..

You really got the best of us posters! 😳

5 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Dance” — “... and I took that personally.”

🤣

i see what you did there

🤣