bhoyal

Still wanna just tank? Trade DB for a washing machine?

I really dont know. I love that this team wants to win no matter what, but Cade Cunningham is one of the best players in a decade I would be totally in favor to loose this dead year withno fans and win the next 5-10 years. He is Luka and Harden like. Ppl are comparing him to G Hill and Melo, and that, would be perfect for us. 

But now it is just a dream, I fear we will be stucky in between. Not a top Playoff team and not on lottery bound

3 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I really dont know. I love that this team wants to win no matter what, but Cade Cunningham is one of the best players in a decade I would be totally in favor to loose this dead year withno fans and win the next 5-10 years. He is Luka and Harden like. Ppl are comparing him to G Hill and Melo, and that, would be perfect for us. 

But know it is just a dream, I fear we will be stucky in between. Not a top Playoff team and not on lottery bound

What on earth makes you think we could ever get Cunningham?

The best we were probably gonna get before the ping pong balls dropped was 10th, we are currently 19th.

We are mid to late-ish pick in the draft

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

The best we were probably gonna get before the ping pong balls dropped was 10th, we are currently 19th.

And Jalen Smith went 10th to the Suns and Saddiq Bey went 19th to the Pistons last November. All 30 teams would take Bey over Smith today. 

After the top tier goes, it’s basically a dart throw anyway. Just too hard to predict how 19 year olds will be in the league. 

So you try to win. Never tank. 

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

And Jalen Smith went 10th to the Suns and Saddiq Bey went 19th to the Pistons last November. All 30 teams would take Bey over Smith today. 

After the top tier goes, it’s basically a dart throw anyway. Just too hard to predict how 19 year olds will be in the league. 

Agreed, especially at our level of play

22 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What on earth makes you think we could ever get Cunningham?

Like we didnt get Ja.

19 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah, the chance is gone.

12 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I agree in part, if we are in 8-19 range, we should let it be and be the 8th. 

I've always been against tanking. 

As for Dillon, don't overreact to a good game. It has been pretty terrible on offense all season long, and shot us out of a lot of games early in the season. He has made strides recently though, shooting 43% overall and 34% from 3 over the last 10 before tonight I believe. No one hates Dillon if he's playing well, but too often he's not playing that well. If he was consistently good, no one would have any problems with him at all. 

Either way, the reality is if Dillon is efficient, then we are going to win a lot of games. 

15 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Like we didnt get Ja.

If we finish 14th (which we won’t) we have a .5% chance of getting the #1 overall pick. So a 1 in 200 chance. Ain’t happening. 

We lucked out getting Ja. But you can’t plan a roster around getting that lucky again. 

29 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

As for Dillon, don't overreact to a good game. It has been pretty terrible on offense all season long, and shot us out of a lot of games early in the season. He has made strides recently though, shooting 43% overall and 34% from 3 over the last 10 before tonight I believe. No one hates Dillon if he's playing well, but too often he's not playing that well. If he was consistently good, no one would have any problems with him at all. 

Either way, the reality is if Dillon is efficient, then we are going to win a lot of games. 

+1. I gotta say, that 3rd quarter domination by Dillon is some of the best singular play by a Grizzly that I can remember in a while. It must be what its like to have guys like Lillard on your team, and others like him. That said, he could come out tomorrow against ATL and think he's Kobe and go 2-15.

NEVER. EVER. TANK. It doesn't work and destroys the team. 

56 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Dillon is getting better.   He is always gonna have boneheaded games but he is starting to have more good than bad recently.   It is being reflected in his advance stats too.   It may be time to also not overreact to his bad games too.  

With the way how lackadaisical Ja can be i am learning to truly appreciate The Villain. 

37 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dillon is getting better.   He is always gonna have boneheaded games but he is starting to have more good than bad recently.   It is being reflected in his advance stats too.   It may be time to also not overreact to his bad games too.  

With the way how lackadaisical Ja can be i am learning to truly appreciate The Villain. 

+1

People can't wait for him to have a bad game and then pile on him, it has to be multiple games, and to be honest, its been a while since that happened, maybe Jan.

Disclosure: I am a reformed hater ūüėā

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

I want to draft Vrenz Bleijenbergh.

He has the Porzingis type of mystique. Kristaps originally entered the draft a year early but was only a projected late 1st early second so he dropped out and the rest is history. 

I can see the same type of situation for Vrenz he popped up on the scene kind of late so I can totally see him dropping out of the draft and being in next years draft as a 1st round pick.

41 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'm not judging him on one game, but this year has been nothing short of a disappointment so far. That's not to say he can't get better, and that he isn't currently doing better. He's still only shooting 40.3% from the floor and 32.9% from 3. That's not good. He's had good games no doubt, but on the whole he's below average in essentially every category. 

I've been saying for a long time that if Dillon is efficient (45% and above) we're a really good team. He has to learn when to force the issue (like tonight) and when not to force the issue. Even tonight he only took 16 shots, which is pretty close to his season average, but they were all good shots. He only took 3 midrange jumpers, the rest were at the rim or from 3. That's exactly what we want, he gets in trouble when he thinks he's Kobe and takes 5-7 contested midrange jumpers. 

No doubt the best part about him is the energy he brings, because that's his most consistent thing. No one else really has the dawg in them like he does on this team. 

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

But now it is just a dream, I fear we will be stucky in between. Not a top Playoff team and not on lottery bound

That's how people talked about Suggs a while back.  Until Baylor made him look like Wade Baldwin on a bad day.

And Suggs didn't call glass on that shot to beat UCLA.  It was like PeeWee Herman's "I meant to do that" moment.

23 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

That's how people talked about Suggs a while back.  Until Baylor made him look like Wade Baldwin on a bad day.

And Suggs didn't call glass on that shot to beat UCLA.  It was like PeeWee Herman's "I meant to do that" moment.

You do realize he had 22/3 in the national championship game right? Not exactly Wade Baldwin, the rest of his team was not ready for Baylor though. 

I don‚Äôt think this team can tank. I was an advocate of the ‚Äútank‚ÄĚ when Ja got hurt but the parts surrounding Ja and Jaren are too good to tank. If I could get one of the top 3 wings in this draft by tanking I‚Äôd do it, Cunningham, Green and Suggs will be assets to someone‚Äôs franchise for years to come. Unfortunately we‚Äôll have to find a non-draft way to get this teams 3rd star. (Unless Jarens return turns Dillon into that guy because the pressure isn‚Äôt on him to score on a nightly basis)

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

I like Suggs too; but I like Cade size, shooting/scoring and handle better for us.

I allways find people hard with Dilon. He is a fighter and take defense on the best opponent every game. Yes he is annoying when he start to think he is Kobe but he is useful. He may not be a starter but a 6-7 in our rotation, i take it. 

23 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I allways find people hard with Dilon. He is a fighter and take defense on the best opponent every game. Yes he is annoying when he start to think he is Kobe but he is useful. He may not be a starter but a 6-7 in our rotation, i take it. 

People need scapegoats and Dillon has been the convenient scapegoat for the fans since he has been here because we haven't won much since his arrival because we have been rebuilding. I have no problem with Dillon. He TRIES and we can't always say that about all of our players the past few years. He isn't a afraid to take the big shot and once again, you can't say that about all of our players.He doesn't shoot us out of games. There are 5 players on the court at any given time and 48 minutes in a game. He's not the only one taking shots. That's ridiculous.

Dillon was a second round pick, #45 and he has vastly outperformed his draft position. He's not perfect and he's not a star but to get a guy in the mid-second round putting up 16 ppg and routinely defends the other team's best scorer is a nice addition. I just take the good with the bad.

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

People need scapegoats and Dillon has been the convenient scapegoat for the fans since he has been here because we haven't won much since his arrival because we have been rebuilding. I have no problem with Dillon. He TRIES and we can't always say that about all of our players the past few years. He isn't a afraid to take the big shot and once again, you can't say that about all of our players.He doesn't shoot us out of games. There are 5 players on the court at any given time and 48 minutes in a game. He's not the only one taking shots. That's ridiculous.

Dillon was a second round pick, #45 and he has vastly outperformed his draft position. He's not perfect and he's not a star but to get a guy in the mid-second round putting up 16 ppg and routinely defends the other team's best scorer is a nice addition. I just take the good with the bad.

Overall agree with you here but Dillon has actually shot us out of games.   The argument is whether he is to blame or the coach/teammates for letting him.  

Nobody should argue that DB has thoroughly outperformed his draft position.   Heck as far as responsibility on the team he is outperforming his pay status too.     Its not like he is a Max guy he is getting MLE money. 

DB was inconsistent because of his inexperience.  ALL players are like that when they're new to the league.  Even Marc and Mike didn't fare well the first few years.  

This is why we can't trade our young people.  Wait a few years and see how they fare.  And, if it still looks like they're not improving, like DB has, then think about trading.

DB has been consistent lately.  We'll see how he does the rest of the year, and, how he does next year.

Personally, I like DB.  Just that, when he ain't got the shot that night, he needs to learn to not shoot as much as drive the lane to attract fouls.