bhoyal

Still wanna just tank? Trade DB for a washing machine?

1 hour ago, grizz09 said:

he is not on the smaller side for a SF, he'd be on the bigger side for a SG.  he's not been a good rebounder regardless of position.  grayson and melton have a better rebounding rate despite being 3-4 inches shorter.  he just doesn't try to rebound and is leaking out trying to get fastbreak/easy buckets.  he's more than big enough to play SF in the modern nba and is much better suited there.  how is justise stronger?  i'd say they are equally as strong and dillon may actually be more physical although not as smart in terms of over-aggression.

Agreed.  Dillon is a SF that can play SG - basically he is a wing.    Both Justise and Dillon are pretty strong difference is JW is the better athlete and has better winspan; which allows him to more credibly defend PG's and PFs.  Dillon is actually an inch taller at 6'7' but its negated by his wingspan.       DB has proven he can credibly guard everyone.  Truth is Lebron,  KD, and Giannis give EVERYONE problems so can't kill a guy for not being the best against them.   

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm sorry but I'm confused here. Dillon has mainly been playing SF as we rotate SGs (Allen, Melton, Bane). Dillon is listed at 6'7" and Winslow is listed at 6'6". How is Dillon too small to play SF but WInslow is the guy they want to "give a long look at" at SF when he is shorter? Wouldn't he be too small as well?  Maybe he has more length but I don't think that matters anyway.  Tony Allen was 6'4" and was guarding PGs, SGs,  and SFs and would guard KD and LeBron. It's all about effort and being a pest, those are Dillon's strongpoints. I think WInslow is good at it as well but he's always injured which brings me to my next question.......

This is an interesting statement because it kind of implies that we need to see more of Justise Winslow before we make a decision, but we have seen all we need to see of Dillon. I think this says it all right? We have more familiarity with Dillon yet Justise is a mystery? But here's the truth, Justise has been in the league longer than Dillon. Justise was a lottery pick in 2015 and Dillon was the 45th pick in 2017. They are both 25 years old and only a couple of months difference in age so basically the same age. Justise WInslow is not that efficient either. His career FG% is 41.2% to DB's 41.7%. His career 3 pt % is 32.3% to DB's 35.3%. His PER this season is 5, Dillon's is 13, the average is 15. Justise's career PER is like 10 or something. By all measures Dillon has been the better overall player than Winslow and more durable yet we still want to just hand the starting SF position over to WInslow, why? Because he's a shiny new toy that we don't know much about?

As I mentioned, there really aren't much better options than Dillon, Winslow ain't it. As long as DB's coaches and teammates are fine, I'm fine and I'm not going to nitpick every little thing he does. I would nitpick Winslow but he's never on the floor. The MIA fans soured on Winslow. DB has outperformed his draft position and if you look at where he's paid, most people would keep Dillon over people in his salary range. DB is the best option we have right now and I don't think it will be as easy to replace him as people think.

Some people struggle with comprehension.....

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Agreed.  Dillon is a SF that can play SG - basically he is a wing.    Both Justise and Dillon are pretty strong difference is JW is the better athlete and has better winspan; which allows him to more credibly defend PG's and PFs.  Dillon is actually an inch taller at 6'7' but its negated by his wingspan.       DB has proven he can credibly guard everyone.  Truth is Lebron,  KD, and Giannis give EVERYONE problems so can't kill a guy for not being the best against them.   

If Winslow ever get it together he would be a big piece for us.

Anyway, none of this matters and the organization shouldn't do anything until they've had a good look at all their pieces with a healthy Jaren.

4 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

If Winslow ever get it together he would be a big piece for us.

Get it together how? Guys are expecting Winslow to be more than he's ever shown in his career. 

He's never developed whether due to his injury history or not and even at his best season in 2018, he only played 66 games with averages of 12.6ppg, 5.3rbs, 4.3a shooting 43.3%. Not terrible, but nothing to write about. 

I think people think he has Strotential and can still put it together to be a high-level player. 

I don't think he's productive and will never develop to be an efficient offensive player. He just has always had terrible finishing ability. His defense is not good enough to offset how bad he is on offense. 

6 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Get it together how? Guys are expecting Winslow to be more than he's ever shown in his career. 

He's never developed whether due to his injury history or not and even at his best season in 2018, he only played 66 games with averages of 12.6ppg, 5.3rbs, 4.3a shooting 43.3%. Not terrible, but nothing to write about. 

I think people think he has Strotential and can still put it together to be a high-level player. 

I don't think he's productive and will never develop to be an efficient offensive player. He just has always had terrible finishing ability. His defense is not good enough to offset how bad he is on offense. 

I think he means if we ever get Winslow's pieces together he'll become a big piece. You know, Like Lego's.

19 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

13 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I think he means if we ever get Winslow's pieces together he'll become a big piece. You know, Like Lego's.

Im saying that if he shows his better version, someone that can stop the best player on the other team and initiate offense we will be really scary. Special if he comes of the bench like I predict he will.

4 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Im saying that if he shows his better version, someone that can stop the best player on the other team and initiate offense we will be really scary. Special if he comes of the bench like I predict he will.

The guy is seriously butter hotsun. He just can't stay on the floor. Now once again out with 'thigh soreness' whatever that means in FO language. 

Can't count on a guy like that to be anything. 

2 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

The guy is seriously butter hotsun. He just can't stay on the floor. Now once again out with 'thigh soreness' whatever that means in FO language. 

Can't count on a guy like that to be anything. 

I mean, he came with a serious injury and he had to recover. We knew that coming in. Fine. Then he had a really bad fall and hurt his hip. Freak accident. Fine. But now he's been out almost two weeks for "thigh soreness". Not "cramps", "strain", or any other identifiable reason that would help us understand if the injury time is reasonable or not.

The FO may want to keep him around for another season waiting for a miracle or as a walking cap space container, but I've written him off as a long term option.

Hope we let him go. Injured prone guys, poor shooting... we already have an issue with JJJ considering injuries and this one is a serious one. Plus the salary from winslow is really bad for a guy who play at best 35 games/ Season..

I like higher picks

On 4/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Dillon was a second round pick, #45 and he has vastly outperformed his draft position. He's not perfect and he's not a star but to get a guy in the mid-second round putting up 16 ppg and routinely defends the other team's best scorer is a nice addition. I just take the good with the bad.

^ ^ WHAT HE SAID ^ ^