10SC-2-TOKYO

With more teams realizing that tanking is their best option...

Recommended Posts

Up to this point in the season there have been a ‘select few’ teams that are openly tanking...

Now that we are on the other side of the all-star debacle, how many teams (name them) do you see joining team tank ? 

And... who do these teams have that fit what we’re trying to do ?

I have been racking my brain all day

... what I found is IMO there are no teams heading towards a tank that have anyone we should target .

especially if it means giving up too much value / potential 

right now.

What / who am I missing?

  

 * some of you guys have targets lined up im sure ... lay them out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If they had many worthwhile players, they wouldn't be tanking.

True and not true...

not so many ... just one.

Every season we see a guy that used to perform at a high level being forced to the bench behind a young...

Drummond 

Blake

are just 2 that i can name quickly off the top of my head.

putting them on a team that has a plan and a chance to get at the ring will show us who they really are.

Blake is already banging lobs again and Drummond can’t wait to lace em up and go off..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

True and not true...

not so many ... just one.

Every season we see a guy that used to perform at a high level being forced to the bench behind a young...

Drummond 

Blake

are just 2 that i can name quickly off the top of my head.

putting them on a team that has a plan and a chance to get at the ring will show us who they really are.

Blake is already banging lobs again and Drummond can’t wait to lace em up and go off..

Maybe, but I don't see anything I'm interested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Orlando decided to tank, but they most certainly had players worth trading for. Just look at the impact that Gordon is having in Denver. Vucevic is legit, and Fournier looks like he's settled in now. 

Just like us as well, we decided to tank/ get younger so we traded Marc and Mike who have gone on to do pretty well. 

As far as people that are tanking currently to target in the offseason? D-Lo maybe? Couple of older guys I don't particularly want in Eric Gordon and AL Horford. Buddy Hield and Barnes from the kings, maybe if the Pistons come to their senses on Jerami Grant and the actual timeline it takes to rebuild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:Maybe, but I don't see anything I'm interested in.

Same

what I found is IMO there are no teams heading towards a tank that have anyone we should target .

 especially if it means giving up too much value / potentia

right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Same

what I found is IMO there are no teams heading towards a tank that have anyone we should target .

 especially if it means giving up too much value / potentia

right now.

Yup.  Just need to see what we can do with the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toke - don't fully follow your thought process here. Trade deadline has passed, so even if another team is tanking, we wouldn't have a way of getting any players on those tanking teams unless they were bought out and chose to come here (in which case, we wouldn't have to give up anything of value, other than waiving someone to open up a roster spot).

I do think tanking will affect us, but in a more positive way - some of our games may become easier wins down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the point is more to see what teams have gone into full rebuild mode and might be open to trading established players in the offseason in exchange for cap relief, younger players and/or picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevofrommempho said:

I'd love for us to make a run at Bradley Beal this offseason.

Same chance as Kawhi...might as well try him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I think the point is more to see what teams have gone into full rebuild mode and might be open to trading established players in the offseason in exchange for cap relief, younger players and/or picks.

Maybe a lot of this happens on draft night.  Teams might even wanna trade up in the draft and throw in a good player on a rookie deal.  I wonder if the T Wolves move KAT on draft night for a super-high pick and contracts.  They should consider going all in on an Anthony Edwards-centric rebuild.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I think the point is more to see what teams have gone into full rebuild mode and might be open to trading established players in the offseason in exchange for cap relief, younger players and/or picks.

Agree with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now