rc0213

Marc Gasol And Mike Conley Today

So, does Mike or Marc have the better career at this point?

Marc did win the championship.  Whereas, Mike hasn't, but, Utah is looking to have a chance at the ring this year.

Marc is now with the LA Lakers, but, only makes $2.5 million and averages 4.9 PPG on 17 minutes.

Mike is making $34.5 million and averages 16.5 PPG on 30 minutes.

I feel like Mike is making really good money, and, I see him wearing the ring this year.

Marc has fallen in salary, and, now isn't happy with Andre Drummonds on the team.

There were rumors that Marc would go back to Spain and play there, at one time.  Maybe Marc should think about doing that now.

Mike said he always dreamed of winning the championship at Memphis.  Maybe, after he wins one at Utah, he can take a salary cut, mentor Ja into a smart PG, and, maybe bring a ring to Memphis.

Mike's the better player now obviously, being 3 years younger but Marcs had the better career overall. I don't think it's even that close.

4 hours ago, rc0213 said:

So, does Mike or Marc have the better career at this point?

Marc did win the championship.  Whereas, Mike hasn't, but, Utah is looking to have a chance at the ring this year.

Marc is now with the LA Lakers, but, only makes $2.5 million and averages 4.9 PPG on 17 minutes.

Mike is making $34.5 million and averages 16.5 PPG on 30 minutes.

I feel like Mike is making really good money, and, I see him wearing the ring this year.

Marc has fallen in salary, and, now isn't happy with Andre Drummonds on the team.

There were rumors that Marc would go back to Spain and play there, at one time.  Maybe Marc should think about doing that now.

Mike said he always dreamed of winning the championship at Memphis.  Maybe, after he wins one at Utah, he can take a salary cut, mentor Ja into a smart PG, and, maybe bring a ring to Memphis.

you may be right about one those I would like to see mike come back next year but i don,t believe the JAZZ will win a RING  this year 

2 hours ago, cdp said:

Mike's the better player now obviously, being 3 years younger but Marcs had the better career overall. I don't think it's even that close.

I cant separate Mike and Marc in my head...

they were built , here, together and had success and failure as teammates...

Using the rings are the only thing that matters thought train , then youd have to say Marc ... at least until Utah grabs one.

still feels like the old ‘who is your favorite child’ discussion over drinks with friends honest enough to answer! 

I want Mike back...after he got a ring with Utah. He is insane this year . Tonight Utah loose to Dallas ( which are playing very well) but he go for 28 ( 8/13, 6/10 at 3, 7 assist, 0 TO...). We should ask him to come back and he can play with Ja as he play with Mitchell. He can have 2 or 3 more season at 18PPG, 7 Assist and thats wil be the big plus we need to become a contender ( + 1 good wing)

Regarding this topic, at that stage Marc has a better career thans Mike. But Marc is done where i see Mike still having 4 or 5 good seasons. Let's speak about this when the both retired....

Marc is a HOFer and Conley is not, not even close about who's had the better career tbh even if it's just NBA careers

2019, where he won his first NBA championship. He is a two-time All-NBA Team member, a three-time NBA All-Star, and an NBA champion. In 2013, he was named the NBA Defensive Player of the Year.Gasol has been a regular member of the Spain national team since 2006. He has won two Olympic silver medals and two FIBA Basketball World Cup titles. In the EuroBasket, he has won two titles, a silver medal, and two bronze medals., a silver medal, and two bronze medals. 

Marc's accomplishments. 

10 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Marc is a HOFer and Conley is not, not even close about who's had the better career tbh even if it's just NBA careers

+1

I believe it would be a fitting gesture for the organization to sign each of the core four to a one day contract and have them all officially retire as griz players. (when they are through playing obviously.)

slim.

2 hours ago, memphis slim said:

I believe it would be a fitting gesture for the organization to sign each of the core four to a one day contract and have them all officially retire as griz players. (when they are through playing obviously.)

slim.

I wonder if the players are really up for that. I mean, is it a hassle for them? Do they feel more connected to their final playing spots, mainly Conley and Gasol. What if one player is not interested, putting the pressure on him to be a team player? Great run and all, but is it enough for officially resigning and suiting up? 

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I wonder if the players are really up for that. I mean, is it a hassle for them? Do they feel more connected to their final playing spots, mainly Conley and Gasol. What if one player is not interested, putting the pressure on him to be a team player? Great run and all, but is it enough for officially resigning and suiting up? 

all fair points indeed.

wonder if mg would entertain finishing out his career here as a reserve? he is on the outs and not happy in lala land.

slim.

22 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I cant separate Mike and Marc in my head...

they were built , here, together and had success and failure as teammates...

Using the rings are the only thing that matters thought train , then youd have to say Marc ... at least until Utah grabs one.

still feels like the old ‘who is your favorite child’ discussion over drinks with friends honest enough to answer! 

Yea I don't like pitting them against eachother either. Best to remember the Core4 as a collective group and remember that each guy doesn't have the career they've had without the others. 

16 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

2019, where he won his first NBA championship. He is a two-time All-NBA Team member, a three-time NBA All-Star, and an NBA champion. In 2013, he was named the NBA Defensive Player of the Year.Gasol has been a regular member of the Spain national team since 2006. He has won two Olympic silver medals and two FIBA Basketball World Cup titles. In the EuroBasket, he has won two titles, a silver medal, and two bronze medals., a silver medal, and two bronze medals. 

Marc's accomplishments. 

MVP in European league.

Will cheer for the Jazz this year once the Grizzlies are eliminated. I don't want to play the Jazz in an opening round of the playoffs.  I'd hate that because of the Conley aspect.

If Mike were to win one in Utah (which I don't think happens), that would mean Mike, Marc and Tony all would have won rings at other franchises.  

So ZBo gets the key to the city.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Will cheer for the Jazz this year once the Grizzlies are eliminated. I don't want to play the Jazz in an opening round of the playoffs.  I'd hate that because of the Conley aspect.

If Mike were to win one in Utah (which I don't think happens), that would mean Mike, Marc and Tony all would have won rings at other franchises.  

So ZBo gets the key to the city.

100% agree. And for the Nuggets with Will Barton starting and playing well. Always root for other small markets, and for teams with Memphis connections. 

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yeah, Marc had a good game last night in a win against the Raptors, but the Lakers have already said they are starting Drummond as soon as his big toe boo-boo is better.  Andre has played one game, which they lost by 15, and in the three games with him out, and Marc starting, they are 2-1, losing to the Clippers. The Lakers are 28-13 with him as a starter (4-6 when he is not), and they were 24-11 before he went out for the health & safety protocols. They are doing him wrong.

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

If I ain't mistaken the guys that aren't playing aren't allowed to sit with the guys that are. So that's a whole bunch of nothin. 

I don't understand this whole buyout business when noones given a legit reason for LA to do it

2 hours ago, Wells said:

Yeah, Marc had a good game last night in a win against the Raptors, but the Lakers have already said they are starting Drummond as soon as his big toe boo-boo is better.  Andre has played one game, which they lost by 15, and in the three games with him out, and Marc starting, they are 2-1, losing to the Clippers. The Lakers are 28-13 with him as a starter (4-6 when he is not), and they were 24-11 before he went out for the health & safety protocols. They are doing him wrong.

If AD and LBJ return, Marc is going to play a whole lot of minutes with them.  I have a feeling it is going to be a lot of 24 mpg nights for both he and Drummond.

Without AD and LBJ, if they need scoring, it makes a lot of sense to play Drummond.  

i would feel bad for Marc if he wasn't wearing "Lakers" on his jersey.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:04 PM, cdp said:

If I ain't mistaken the guys that aren't playing aren't allowed to sit with the guys that are. So that's a whole bunch of nothin. 

I don't understand this whole buyout business when noones given a legit reason for LA to do it

Really?  Then why do we see Jaren in the middle of the bench area with all the rest of the team on every broadcast?  If you watch the replays of the Ja dunk where SloMo put it off the backboard to him from last night's game, you see Jaren, Brandon, Melton and Winslow all there on the sidelines with the rest of the team, enjoying the spectacle.

https://www.nba.com/watch/video/top-dunks-from-atlanta-hawks-vs-memphis-grizzlies?plsrc=nba&game-highlights=0022000780 

8 hours ago, Wells said:

Really?  Then why do we see Jaren in the middle of the bench area with all the rest of the team on every broadcast?  If you watch the replays of the Ja dunk where SloMo put it off the backboard to him from last night's game, you see Jaren, Dillon, Melton and Winslow all there on the sidelines with the rest of the team, enjoying the spectacle.

https://www.nba.com/watch/video/top-dunks-from-atlanta-hawks-vs-memphis-grizzlies?plsrc=nba&game-highlights=0022000780 

Well I'm pretty sure they're SUPPOSE to be sitting separately. Whether they do or not is another story lol.

Let him go! He deserves better!