chipc3

Predict the Month of April Record

April Record  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will the Grizzlies Record Be in April?

• Fewer than 5 wins (You Must Post an Exact Number to Win)
    • 5-12
    • 6-11
    • 7-10
    • 8-9
    • 9-8
    • 10-7
    • 11-6
    • 12-5
    • 13 or more wins (You Must Post an Exact Number to Win)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2021 at 11:49 PM

There are a ridiculous 17 games this month so I couldn't list all the options but I did the best I could. 

Given the Grizzlies tendancy to stick around .500, I would have put 9-8, but in looking at that schedule, it's going to be rough, especially with a compacted schedule.

In the month of April, only the first and last game of month are the only 2 against non-playoff/play-in teams (as it currently stands).

In the middle, there is a run of 3 games out of 4 games against teams that currently would be in playin tournament, but would not be in the top 8 if playoffs started today: Bulls twice, Pacers

There are 12 games against teams that would be traditional playoff teams if the season ended today.

I think 7 wins would be doing well, but I think 6 is more realistic.

Just in looking at the standings, I'll throw a bonus prediction that the team will be sitting in 10th with the Kings  .5 game behind the Grizzlies at the conclusion of the month.  If I had more Kings faith, I'd have them ahead, but why count on the Kings?

It's a tough April schedule. A 4 game in 6 days road trip starting after tonight - at 76ers, Heat, Hawks and Knicks.

Then home for 3 & off on a 7 game mostly West coast road trip. At the Bulls, Bucks, Denver, the Clips,, two in a row with Portland, then finish at back at Denver. Playing the 6th game of a roadie at Portland, then flying to 5,000 feet above sea level Denver for a road SEGABABA with the Nuggets is as close to a guaranteed schedule loss as you get in the league. 

The Grizzlies April schedule looks tough i,m saying no more then 6 or 7 wins 6-11 / 7-10

The month of April will be the month of make it of miss the plays. to make it i believe the Grizzlies would need to at least win 9 wins 

Eleven away games to six home games. Four back to backs, with three of them road back to backs. Last game of the month is the first game of a travel back to back as well. The schedulers were not kind to the Grizzlies with this month.

Given today's news about Jaren, perhaps it will be better than I anticipated if he comes back before the end of April, though I'm not holding my breath. That said, this is the toughest stretch of games I've ever seen the Grizzlies play. If we can make it through April, then the remaining games in May ease up a bit. 

8 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

10-7 for me, Go Grizz!!!

I am gonna go with 10-7 as well.  Didn’t even look at the schedule... on the other hand, are we consistently inconsistent, inconsistently consistent or vice-versa.

7 hours ago, The J Crew said:

It's a tough April schedule. A 4 game in 6 days road trip starting after tonight - at 76ers, Heat, Hawks and Knicks.

Then home for 3 & off on a 7 game mostly West coast road trip. At the Bulls, Bucks, Denver, the Clips,, two in a row with Portland, then finish at back at Denver. Playing the 6th game of a roadie at Portland, then flying to 5,000 feet above sea level Denver for a road SEGABABA with the Nuggets is as close to a guaranteed schedule loss as you get in the league. 

Several nights, especially that Denver night, the team should just sit Ja, JV and whomever has logged some heavy minutes and showcase Konchar and McDermott.

Save the legs for when it isn't a designated loss.

9 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

11 and 6...

if the Grizzlies go 11-6 then they would be in the N.B.A playoff something for me to look at 

46 minutes ago, lions said:

if the Grizzlies go 11-6 then they would be in the N.B.A playoff something for me to look at 

Grizzlies are in the N’ B’A playoff right now you can look it up

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

Grizzlies are in the N’ B’A playoff right now you can look it up

did they clinch a play off spot yet the last time i look it up they did not 

1 hour ago, lions said:

There two and 0, so they can go 9 and 6 the balance of the month...

Just now, Lugan Village said:

if they could go 9-6 the rest of the month the Grizzlies will make the play off. starting out this month 2-0 there off to a Great start .

On 4/5/2021 at 9:03 PM, Lugan Village said:

8 and 6 for balance of the month gets them to 11 and 6...who would have thought they would even have a chance at that...

On 4/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, lions said:

The Grizzlies April schedule looks tough i,m saying no more then 6 or 7 wins 6-11 / 7-10

So far I.M Happy to say I.M looking wrong 

For those on board who are challenged with “new” math,  4 wins to start April..they can go 7 and 6 the rest of the month to get to 11 wins 6 losses...pretty good time to be a grizz fan..or player.

6 hours ago, lions said:

So far I.M Happy to say I.M looking wrong 

I'm sorry, am I the only one that was immediately reminded of this?

713813533.jpg

7-7

38 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

7-7

Don't you think it's a little past the entry date to posting predictions about April?

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Don't you think it's a little past the entry date to posting predictions about April?

Come on Chip, let him predict. 

And, totally unrelated, I predict the Grizz start April 4 & 0.