Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Atlanta Hawks - 4/7/21

Great game, and a great three game stretch, we've been blowing out top teams and winning easy

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dillon high man in +- again.    The turnaround is real. 

Allen is a big part of our late sucess too, I like his shooting, defense and ability to score. He might be here to stay. Or even be a big piece of a package in a trade, Im warming to the idea of moving Tyus + Allen + Winslow as the way to move up in the draft.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Allen is a big part of our late sucess too, I like his shooting, defense and ability to score. He might be here to stay. 

IMHO it all depends on who we draft.  I still don't like his fit as a starter next to Ja but he has been looking nice. 

Allen is a big part of our late sucess too, I like his shooting, defense and ability to score. He might be here to stay. 

He is proving to be a good player.

4 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Allen is a big part of our late sucess too, I like his shooting, defense and ability to score. He might be here to stay. Or even be a big piece of a package in a trade, Im warming to the idea of moving Tyus + Allen + Winslow as the way to move up in the draft.

As I said......

41 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Its laughable people here wanted to trade him at the deadline, a cheap high-value contract for a bag of chips

We are not suddenly gonna jump 5-10 places because of Tyus Grayson and especially not Winslow. Stop dreaming

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

IMHO it all depends on who we draft.  I still don't like his fit as a starter next to Ja but he has been looking nice. 

Like I said, we should move him only to really get better. The shooting of Allen, Bane, Melton, Dillon, SlowMo and Jaren are great to have next to Ja. 

By the way, I expect Tillie to enter on that list soon.

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

As I said......

We are not suddenly gonna jump 5-10 places because of Tyus Grayson and especially not Winslow. Stop dreaming

I cant understand how you guys keep saying that teams wouldn't value our young guys and on the other end overestimate players from other teams.

Winslow is the only player that has less value, but his expiring contract can replace his own value. If we trade for a bad contract and multiple picks we might find a solid deal on the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Like I said, we should move him only to really get better. The shooting of Allen, Bane, Melton, Dillon, SlowMo and Jaren are great to have next to Ja. 

By the way, I expect Tillie to enter on that list soon.

Yes he should only be moved if it is to get better.   I will reiterate - my only issue with Allen has been Taylor's treatment of him.   He gets treated like he is the best option at SG when it is not true.    Allen as a 8th 9th man in rotation is golden.   Starter nah im not feeling that.   As we keep free falling out of the lottery i am really really perplexed about who to draft.  Because all the good play is making it difficult. 

I cant understand how you guys keep saying that teams wouldn't value our young guys and on the other end overestimate players from other teams.

Winslow is the only player that has less value, but his expiring contract can replace his own value. If we trade for a bad contract and multiple picks we might find a solid deal on the draft. 

NOBODY is going to trade down 5-10 places for Tyus and Winslow.

And Grayson is the contract you WANT to keep because it's cheap, and doesn't impact the cap for the value he brings.

Sheeesssh.......

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yes he should only be moved if it is to get better.   I will reiterate - my only issue with Allen has been Taylor's treatment of him.   He gets treated like he is the best option at SG when it is not true.    Allen as a 8th 9th man in rotation is golden.   Starter nah im not feeling that.   As we keep free falling out of the lottery i am really really perplexed about who to draft.  Because all the good play is making it difficult. 

As I see it the only reason to not start Melton is his size. Allen and Bane are the main options to play next to Ja and Dillon, I expect Allen to keep going because he usually make less mistakes. If he went cold again Taylor should give Bane a fair chance.

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't think anyone is seriously saying Grayson should be a permanent set-in-stone starter for ever, but he is great value for his current contract

3 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Justise’s expiring contract has no value. Am I going to have to do another bet, like the one with Gorgui? 

It’s not 2014 anymore. Drummond bought out. Aldridge bought out. Blake Griffin bought out. Gorgui waived. When 40% of the league are free agents every year, expirings have no value. 

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

And Grayson is the contract you WANT to keep because it's cheap, and doesn't impact the cap for the value he brings.

Sheeesssh.......

You seriously cant see value on the trade? Tyus is a solid backup and like YOU said, Allen is young/cheap and a great shooter. I also believe team would give Winslow a try in salary dump in a contract year.

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Justise’s expiring contract has no value. Am I going to have to do another bet, like the one with Gorgui? 

It’s not 2014 anymore. Drummond bought out. Aldridge bought out. Blake Griffin bought out. Gorgui waived. When 40% of the league are free agents every year, expirings have no value. 

There always teams stucky with dead money.

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

You seriously cant see value on the trade? Tyus is a solid backup and like YOU said, Allen is young/cheap and a great shooter. I also believe team would give Winslow a try in salary dump in a contract year.

The Grizzlies are currently drafting at 20.

If I'm a CEO of a team drafting in the top ten, NO WAY am I trading out of that for Tyus Grayson and Winslow. Even if you add an additional 1ST, I'm not trading out of the top 10

There always teams stucky with dead money.

What teams? 

All the bad 2016 contracts are off the books. The idea that teams are dying to get off bad contracts and will compensate with future picks to do so is old thinking. As I told the board re Gorgui months ago. 

6 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

As I see it the only reason to not start Melton is his size. Allen and Bane are the main options to play next to Ja and Dillon, I expect Allen to keep going because he usually make less mistakes. If he went cold again Taylor should give Bane a fair chance.

Melton's winspan and strength allows him to make up for his lack of size.   Allen is not a better defender of guards than Melton is.   Only advantage\ over Melton is his reputation as a "shooter" and lower TO's.   Otherwise Melton is equal to or superior in every other facet.   Advance stats show this.   Bane is the inferior player to both of them but he is a rookie so to be expected.   

All that said if Winslow is going back into the fridge then i am fine with Guard rotation as is.   Bane can get most of his minutes at SF while Grayson and Melt split SG.   I just wish Melt got to play more with Morant that's why i want to see him as a starter. 

14 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Sheeesssh.......

Exactly right. That kind of trade has zero chance of happening. 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'm not sure what you think "resting" means. Resting would be holding a healthy player out of a game for "load management", like on a back to back. We did that with Kyle and Grayson against Phoenix earlier in the year, or like we do when Justise is healthy on the second night of a back to back. Those players you mentioned are all injured, but they would be playing if they were healthy. 

Well if the Grizzlies had those players they’d have the luxury of resting other players. With four rotational players out it is very difficult to rest the other players. Tonight McDermott, Killie and Porter all played. That was all the rest our rotation players get.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Grizzlies fans for 10 years: WE NEED SHOOTING OUT OF OUR WING PLAYERS

Grizzlies fans after getting wing shooters: TRADE THOSE GUYS FOR ATHLETES THAT CAN'T SHOOT

58 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

there's no trade for winslow because his option isn't getting picked up. Or it shouldn't be.