chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Atlanta Hawks - 4/7/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, April 7, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs. Atlanta Hawks

Television: NBALP | Bally Sports South 

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: No Fans Allowed Due To Covid 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Grayson Allen Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png Grayson Allen 1628415.png 203937.png 202685.png

Hawks Starting 5

Trae Young Bogdan Bogdonavic Tony Snell John Collins Clint Capella
1629027.png Bogdan Bogdanovic Tony Snell 1628381.png Clint Capela

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Desmond Bane, Brandon Clarke, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2 way), De'Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie (2 way), Xavier Tillman, Justise Winslow

Atlanta: Kris Dunn, Bruno Fernando, Danilo Gallinari, Brandon Goodwyn, Solomon Hill, Kevin Huerter, De'Andre Hunter, Nathan Knight (2 way), Skylar Mays (2 way) , Onyeka Okongwu, Cam Reddish, Lou Williams

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Hawks: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

1 minute ago, costarica2 said:

"Waiting for the injury report""

I know. But this might be the one game I hope we just rest Ja and Jonas and Kyle and Dillon all at once. 

32 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I know. But this might be the one game I hope we just rest Ja and Jonas and Kyle and Dillon all at once. 

Why? I badly want to beat ATL.... 

The next 4 games are really teams in the Grizzlies "neighborhood" that are located in the East so it would be great to go 3-1.  Hawks & Knicks are both playoff teams within .5 to 1.5 games of Grizzlies record, and Pacers and Bulls, like the Grizzlies, are the two play-in teams as of now.

Hawks played last night as well, so both teams will be coming in with similar rest. Looking at their roster, it looks like it may be important to make them have to use the last four players on the bench. They appear to run a nine man rotation, so getting out running may be to our advantage, as we are definitely younger than they are.

7 minutes ago, Wells said:

Hawks played last night as well, so both teams will be coming in with similar rest. Looking at their roster, it looks like it may be important to make them have to use the last four players on the bench. They appear to run a nine man rotation, so getting out running may be to our advantage, as we are definitely younger than they are.

Hawks played at home last night, and at home again tonight, while Grizz had to fly around midnight from Miami to Atlanta, go thru airport, check into a hotel . . . - so a big difference.

Also, Grizzlies play 17 games in 29 days this month. Absolute best time to work in some rest would be the end of a successful road trip, on a road back-to-back, against an Eastern conference team where the loss won't affect potential head to head tie breaks. 

33 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Well we aren't resting anyone seemingly. Ja is seemingly alright. Gotta go deep in the bench again tonight. The Heat announcers said they saw Justise in pregame warm-ups and he looked good, so hopefully he isn't far from returning. 

when you think about JV's physicality and bruising play, it's quite a feat that he is not injured more often or given more time off to recover.  I know there were a lot of questions when he landed here that he was injury prone, it wasnt accurate but there were questions.  I guess he has put these to bed...

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

When are fans gonna start ringing the bell on Brandon???   he is routinely out with nagging injuries.   why does he always get a pass.

Good Q GTF...he asked to do a lot at the 5 position and a 6'7 frame...that is why he needs to be on the wing...

7 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Good Q GTF...he asked to do a lot at the 5 position and a 6'7 frame...that is why he needs to be on the wing...

I can't ever see him being a wing but he clearly isn't a 5.   Jonas/Jaren/X should be it for us. 

I never seen people personally blame injured players so much than on here. I don’t think it’s necessarily the players fault every time to where you have to continually criticize them

12 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I never seen people personally blame injured players so much than on here. I don’t think it’s necessarily the players fault every time to where you have to continually criticize them

Well im not saying to blame BC.  I am just wondering why Jaren gets labeled as glass or injury prone but BC escapes it.  

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well we aren't resting anyone seemingly. Ja is seemingly alright. Gotta go deep in the bench again tonight. The Heat announcers said they saw Justise in pregame warm-ups and he looked good, so hopefully he isn't far from returning. 

Clarke, Melton, JJJ and Winslow are all out and some people claim the Grizzlies aren't resting anyone? Did you mean not resting anyone else perhaps? Missing four contributors is resting a lot in my eyes. 

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

He's returning to Memphis in a few days for sure.

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I'm not blaming BC, but re BC can you imagine if he had to go against a JV at 7 ft, 265 and physical night in and out?  He is not suited for the 5 because at 6.7 and 215 lbs he would likely break down in time...any of Karl Anthony, Embiid, Rudy, Giannis, Vucavic and so on...

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Clarke, Melton, JJJ and Winslow are all out and some people claim the Grizzlies aren't resting anyone? Did you mean not resting anyone else perhaps? Missing four contributors is resting a lot in my eyes. 

I'm not sure what you think "resting" means. Resting would be holding a healthy player out of a game for "load management", like on a back to back. We did that with Kyle and Grayson against Phoenix earlier in the year, or like we do when Justise is healthy on the second night of a back to back. Those players you mentioned are all injured, but they would be playing if they were healthy. 

1 hour ago, costarica2 said:

What does ___bodypart____ soreness even means?

I think it just means the injury isn't severe enough to be classified as a sprain or pulled muscle or something like that. If that's the case, that might mean all 3 of them are coming back pretty soon. We know our training staff is very cautious.