Sign in to follow this  
rc0213

Memphis Grizzlies Say Jaren Jackson Jr. (Knee) To Return By End Of April

Memphis Grizzlies Say Jaren Jackson Jr. (Knee) To Return By End Of April

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31141971/memphis-grizzlies-say-jaren-jackson-jr-knee-return-end-april

"MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies expect forward Jaren Jackson Jr. back in the lineup by the end of April, nearly nine months after he hurt his left knee in the NBA bubble.

Grizzlies general manager Zach Kleiman updated Jackson's status Friday after Memphis made no moves at the NBA trade deadline. It's the first concrete return date for the third-year player."

Yeah right.....

I'll believe it when I see it.

At least "he's trending well"

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah right.....

I'll believe it when I see it.

At least "he's trending well"

Nba medical staffs and teams have gotten progressively more conservative.

Back in the 80s and 90s, players rarely sat out due to injuries and if they didi theyd come back quickly.

Nowadays, if a player has a minor injury, it is usually 15 games minimum.

I suppose that teams are trying to avoid the catastrophic injury that occurs when players continually play hurt.

But jaron Jackson's history for this injury is getting kind of ridiculous. from what I heard he goes through shoot around and everything but they don't want to play makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Nba medical staffs and teams have gotten progressively more conservative.

Back in the 80s and 90s, players rarely sat out due to injuries and if they didi theyd come back quickly.

Nowadays, if a player has a minor injury, it is usually 15 games minimum.

I suppose that teams are trying to avoid the catastrophic injury that occurs when players continually play hurt.

But jaron Jackson's history for this injury is getting kind of ridiculous. from what I heard he goes through shoot around and everything but they don't want to play makes no sense.

I get that and am cool with that if they just be straight about it instead of using lawyer BS to string us along for months. See the comments timeline I posted in the other thread. Its all their words.

Can't help it. Time pass is time past. April it is. 

The question is are they going to max him with the injury history he has and even when healthy, inability to stay on the floor due to fouling. 

23 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Can't help it. Time pass is time past. April it is. 

The question is are they going to max him with the injury history he has and even when healthy, inability to stay on the floor due to fouling. 

Better to make him a RFA and let the market decide that. If this keeps up there's no chance any team offers the max.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Are we talking 2021?

That was my first thought too.

Jaren coming back at the end of April is borderline not worth it.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Are we talking 2021?

2 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Pretty sure it says that in the link

3 minutes ago, GameOn said:

To me, it's worth it. 

If he doesn't play this year, he goes 19 months playing only the 3 NBA games in the bubble. JJJ needs to play. 

9 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

To me, it's worth it. 

If he doesn't play this year, he goes 19 months playing only the 3 NBA games in the bubble. JJJ needs to play. 

If his meniscus is 100%, then let him play restricted minutes for a few games and see how that goes. If he feels good, then start increasing the minutes and let him play out the season. Then hope he doesn't slip on a banana peel near the banana stand during summer break.

Had to throw in the "banana stand" for fans of the TV comedy series Arrested Development (one of my favs).

10 hours ago, GameOn said:

If his meniscus is 100%, then let him play restricted minutes for a few games and see how that goes. If he feels good, then start increasing the minutes and let him play out the season. Then hope he doesn't slip on a banana peel near the banana stand during summer break.

Had to throw in the "banana stand" for fans of the TV comedy series Arrested Development (one of my favs).

There’s always money in the banana stand.

11 hours ago, The J Crew said:

To me, it's worth it. 

This.  Sitting him out the entire season, even if he becomes healthy, would only be detrimental.

Anybody reading it the same way as me re team update on jaren?  From what I’ve witnessed, when a team doctor throws a timeline of over 30 days+, like end of April...it screams that he/she is not confident in where Jaren might be at, but there is a lot of pressures to figure that out..what if they had said mid may?  We'd all say what the ****.

Now if they said 2 weeks, we'd say OK they got a plan and he is very close.   With end of April, it gives the team so much latitude, because they just don’t know...other than he is nowhere ready to resume game play, let alone contact practice...with this timeline, he is 2-3 weeks away from cleared to contact practice so he can regain his endurance, skills and physcological confidence.

This is clearly unclear....

15 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

inability to stay on the floor due to fouling. 

I am here with you on this part.

I sincerely hope that his work ethic and grit will get some refs to swallow more whistles...

I mean it is a real timeline on return to play. The other ones were out a minute and we'll reevaluate in a few weeks. This time they said they expect him back by the end of April. Still not concrete, but better imo.

I don't expect him to play any restricted minutes when he returns. It's the same with everyone else that's missed time this year. Like when Grayson came back he played almost 24 minutes, which is what he had been averaging. Same with Melton and Justise. He might not play back to backs, but oh well. 

Don’t even think this whole injury would’ve been an issue if players had a real off-season. I think a lot of fans are forgetting this was a very quick turn around. If he comes back mid April he’s right on track with recoveries for this type of injury and repair. 

Aka - Grizzlies fans chill out on Jaren. 

21 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I mean it is a real timeline on return to play. The other ones were out a minute and we'll reevaluate in a few weeks. This time they said they expect him back by the end of April. Still not concrete, but better imo.

I don't expect him to play any restricted minutes when he returns. It's the same with everyone else that's missed time this year. Like when Grayson came back he played almost 24 minutes, which is what he had been averaging. Same with Melton and Justise. He might not play back to backs, but oh well. 

Their update said nothing material, and I’ll put a bourbon shot on it he will be restricted if he comes back this season...he’s had surgery, took longer to recover, both ownership and TJ have a lot riding on his healthy return, Grayson had concussion not comparable...

7 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Their update said nothing material, and I’ll put a bourbon shot on it he will be restricted if he comes back this season...he’s had surgery, took longer to recover, both ownership and TJ have a lot riding on his healthy return, Grayson had concussion not comparable...

Of course he's going to be restricted. These days no one comes back and isn't restricted/plays back-to-backs. 

I clearly said he isn't going to play back to backs, but I bet they are going to play him 25-28 minutes on return. They've made it clear they're willing to hold people out an extra game or two for conditioning sake. Like Grayson twice from concussion and health and safety. Pretty much look at everyone that's been out, they've usually held them out at least one extra game from when they should've been back for conditioning. 

9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

There’s always money in the banana stand.

You are obviously an Arrested Development fan.