chipc3

Minnesota Timberwolves @ Memphis Grizzlies - 4/2/21

Grizzlies Game Time Discussion

Date/Time: Friday, January 15, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Minnesota Timberwolves

Television: FoxSportsSouth, NBA LP

Memphis Radio: 92.9 FM, 680 AM

Promotions: None

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Probable Starting 5

Tyus Jones Grayson Allen Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas
Tyus Jones Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas

Wolves Probable Starting 5

Ricky Rubio Anthony Edwards Jaden McDaniels Jarred Vanderbilt Karl-Anthony Towns
Ricky Rubio Anthony Edwards Jaden McDaniels Jarred Vanderbilt Karl-Anthony Towns

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Desmond Bane, Brandon Clarke, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2way), De'Anthony Melton, Ja Morant, Jontay Porter, Killian Tillie (2way), Gorgui Dieng, Justise Winslow 

Minnesota: Malik Beasley, Jarret Culver, Ed Davis, Juancho Hernangomez, Jake Layman, Jaden McDaniels, Jordan McLaughlin, Jaylen Nowell, Josh Okogie (INJ), Naz Reid,

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Wolves: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

AT least  New Orleans,  Spurs, and Golden state all lost last night . this is a must game 

Edwards has a chance to be the best player in the league one day

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Edwards has a chance to be the best player in the league one day

He could be a league leading scorer but I don't know about the best. 

2 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Man, the things you read on this board. 

Why not? He has everything an elite 2 guard needs

16 minutes ago, Allen said:

Why not?

He's a typical T'Wolves player, like Towns and DLo and Beasley. Those poor fans are going to have to watch a lot of losing for a long time, because they are a bad team locked into long term contracts. Maybe they luck out and get a good player in this draft. 

Edwards shoots a lot, so puts up some numbers. He has highlight dunks, so he gets on SportsCenter. But he's really not that good. 39% from the field is terrible. 30% from 3 is bad. 2 turnovers pg is bad. He's not a good defender. Minus 20 Net rating is terrible. I know he doesn't turn 20 until this summer. But his destiny seems like an inefficient two guard to me. Not a player that helps a team win games. 

So, calling his upside as best player in the league is pretty  . . . unreasonably optimistic, to be nice, imo. He's Dion Waiters or Ben McLemore in a couple of years. 

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

He's a typical T'Wolves player, like Towns and DLo and Beasley. Those poor fans are going to have to watch a lot of losing for a long time, because they are a bad team locked into long term contracts. Maybe they luck out and get a good player in this draft. 

Edwards shoots a lot, so puts up some numbers. He has highlight dunks, so he gets on SportsCenter. But he's really not that good. 39% from the field is terrible. 30% from 3 is bad. 2 turnovers pg is bad. He's not a good defender. Minus 20 Net rating is terrible. I know he doesn't turn 20 until this summer. But his destiny seems like an inefficient two guard to me. Not a player that helps a team win games. 

So, calling his upside as best player in the league is pretty  . . . unreasonably optimistic, to be nice, imo. He's Dion Waiters or Ben McLemore in a couple of years. 

Yikes lets keep you away from any hospital Cancer Wing  or suicide hotlines. 

15 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yikes lets keep you away from any hospital Cancer Wing  or suicide hotlines. 

Dude, he asked my opinion. 

Edwards has a ton of potential.  He's 19 years old.

Let's hope he stinks tonight though.

He might not end up the next Dr. J or Jordan but is already starting in the NBA when other guys his age are getting ready for their high school graduation night.  And went #1 overall in the draft.  That should get him the benefit of the doubt... for now.

44 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

being compared to Ben McLemore cuts deep tho.  LOL

You're right, that might have been a little harsh, lol.

But Waiters was once the 4th overall pick, and McLemore the 7th overall pick. 

I hate the Waiters comparison more because it reminds me we are paying him $12.65M this season. 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

You're right, that might have been a little harsh, lol.

But Waiters was once the 4th overall pick, and McLemore the 7th overall pick. 

I hate the Waiters comparison more because it reminds me we are paying him $12.65M this season. 

I’ve just been watching him play . He’s competitive and will be able to score at will. He’s just 19. I think he can be as good as prime d wade

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Who thinks the Grizzlie can win tonight?

I think the Grizzlies can win any night.  Every night is another story.

When Gray"SON" comes off the injured list he goes right back to starting lol