Sign in to follow this  
I❤️JV

Suggs is very good

I wanna do Lavar and speak it into existence...

Jalen Suggs | 6-5 guard | 19 years old, freshman | Gonzaga

Suggs has so many of the aspects you’re looking for in a lead guard in today’s NBA. He has the burst to get by his man but also the control to change pace and tempos whenever he needs to. He has the creativity and passing vision of a lead guard, both in transition and out of Gonzaga’s ball-screen continuity. He can score from all three levels. He has the toughness and physicality to embrace contact inside, and the pull-up game to take shots from away from the rim. And when he’s locked in on defense, he’s impossible to get by. His combination of strength and quickness laterally — plus determination in those moments — allows him to fight through ball screens and stay in front in isolation. Basically, this is the total package, as long as the jumper stays steady. He can get a bit streaky from distance, but I think I’d bet on him coming through at the end of the day.

What they said: “He’s awesome,” a West Coast Conference assistant said. “He’s the guy who raises their ceiling to being the title favorite. I don’t think they’ve had anyone in recent times who can raise the ceiling like him, including (Brandon) Clarke, (Rui) Hachimura and (Zach) Collins. Jalen Suggs on the floor in crunch time, you’re **** near guaranteed to get a good shot. But if you take Jalen Suggs off the roster, I still think they make the Final Four because of (Corey) Kispert and (Drew) Timme. His stroke is a little bit inconsistent, and I think that’s backed up by the fact that he hasn’t been an elite free throw shooter in his career. But you see him, you go under a ball screen on him on back-to-back plays like against BYU, he’ll go behind it and hit a 3. His passing and vision is ridiculous. Can make unbelievable reads. But I’d like to see him in a situation like Cade Cunningham, where he has to carry the load.”

Cade is better, and I dont believe Suggs is 6'5". He is problably 6'4" or 6'3", not that I have this big of problemn with that, I like size but to have a Ja/Suggs backcourt to be our version of Lillard/CJ or Thomas/Dumars

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

Cade is better, and I dont believe Suggs is 6'5". He is problably 6'4" or 6'3", not that I have this big of problemn with that, I like size but to have a Ja/Suggs backcourt to be our version of Lillard/CJ or Thomas/Dumars

Yeah I think it's best for Suggs if he plays point guard. 

17 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah I think it's best for Suggs if he plays point guard. 

Who starts?

30 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Has there been a 6-8 point guard in the NBA other than Magic Johnson and VanBredaKolff?

Penny was 6’7.  Shaun Livingston was at least 6’6.  Magic is the tallest full-time point guard (as far as I know) in NBA history.  Although Ben Simmons basically runs point (and guards 1-5).  Kukoc and Odom ran offenses but usually in complementary or 6th man roles but still not even full-time backup point guards.  Those two were basically point forwards.  Then again, we also have LeBron James and he basically runs the whole show (at 6’8ish).

37 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Everyone knows that Suggs is very good....but how very good is he?    THAT ****ING GOOD.....

#Hooper. Would look great in a Grizz uni