chipc3

Golden State Warriors @ Memphis Grizzlies - 03/19/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: 7:00 PM Friday, March 19, 2021

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jonas Valanciunas

Warriors Starting 5

Steph Curry Andrew Wiggins Kelly Oubre Draymond Green Kevin Looney
Stephen Curry Andrew Wiggins Kelly Oubre Jr. Draymond Green Kevon Looney

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies:Grayson Allen, Brandon Clarke, Gorgui Dieng, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2), D'Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter (GLA), Killian Tillie (2), Xavier Tillman, Justise Winslow

Golden State: Kent Bazemore, Marquese Chris, Damian Lee, Nick Mannion, Mychal Mulder, Eric Pascall, Jordan Poole, Alen Smailagic, Klay Thompson (INJ), Juan Tuscano-Anderson, Brad Wanamaker, James Wiseman

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Warriors: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Home back-to-back with the Warriors this Friday and Saturday. Might be hard to be optimistic after the past few games, but the Warriors are a one-trick pony this season. Shut down Steph, and they don't have much else.

6 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Steph might get 70.

I’m thinking more like 64, but yeah

I was a big Wiseman fan going into the draft (I had him at 2 with LaMelo at 3. Don’t ask who I had at 1), but man he is looking like he has Strotential — both good and bad.  

12 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I was a big Wiseman fan going into the draft (I had him at 2 with LaMelo at 3. Don’t ask who I had at 1), but man he is looking like he has Strotential — both good and bad.  

I remember all the discussion on here about trading up to draft Wiseman. Which had about as much chance of happening as the Grizz trading into the top 4 or 5 in this year's draft.

I was never as big on Wiseman, despite the Memphis connections. He's fine, has Capela-like potential, imo.

I thought the Cavs were the perfect place for James. He needed to go someplace that didn't care about winning for a year or two, and just let him play 2,000 minutes a year and work on the many things that needed developing in his game. Raw athleticism only gets a player about half way there in the NBA. Cavs ended up trading for Jarrett Allen, so worked out ok for them. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

I remember all the discussion on here about trading up to draft Wiseman. Which had about as much chance of happening as the Grizz trading into the top 4 or 5 in this year's draft.

I was never as big on Wiseman, despite the Memphis connections. He's fine, has Capela-like potential, imo.

I thought the Cavs were the perfect place for James. He needed to go someplace that didn't care about winning for a year or two, and just let him play 2,000 minutes a year and work on the many things that needed developing in his game. Raw athleticism only gets a player about half way there in the NBA. Cavs ended up trading for Jarrett Allen, so worked out ok for them. 

He would have been a good fit for us if we could have gotten him relatively cheap —something like JV and a protected first.  

Saw boom/bust potential with Anthony Edwards but I dropped him big time.  Although my Dajuan Wagner/Mike Tyson combo comp looks to be panning out.  I had Tyrell Terry at 1 as a prospective Moneyball Trae Young type but he mostly played in the G League (ironically, for the Hustle) and has yet to really make a dent on the main roster (ironically he should be an ideal fit with Luka).  ... I also had LaMelo Ball at 3, and he has lived up (so far) to my ABA Magic comp.

have to wait and see for the rest of my 2020 big board, but so far, here’s what’s NOT holding up: I had Cole Anthony TWICE.  Second year in a row that happened — I also did it with Isaiah Roby.  Then I had Jay Huff as a second rounder and he pulled his name from the draft.  Deni at 6.  Could pan out.  I had Vassell fairly high and he has potential.  I think I had Haliburton at 7 or 8.  Poku at 10 should pan out.  Maybe I had Yam Madar (4) and Borisa Simanic (9) way way way too high (not even in the NBA this season) but oh well.  

I think Wiseman picks it up.  Might be a bad fit.  Maybe he should have gone to a young team.   For a “bad” draft it had solid depth and it looks like at least 2 of the 3 have all-world potential (LaMelo and Edwards). If Wiseman can get it going then it could end up being a classic top 3.  

Stop me if you've heard this before....Wiseman is not going to play in the FEF.

Also, getting 2 Ws over the depleted Warriors will damage the tanking hopes

10 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Stop me if you've heard this before....Wiseman is not going to play in the FEF.

Also, getting 2 Ws over the depleted Warriors will damage the tanking hopes

Lol. 

Re damaging any perceived tanking hopes, let's hope so. 

Curry will probably be OK although anything tailbone related can be a real pain in the @55.

My friend explained what a pilonidal cyst is.  You don't want one.  

We really need to sweep this two game set against them. That would put us 1 game ahead of them, where we are currently 1 game behind them. It should creep us closer to the Spurs and Mavs as well for 7th or 8th. 

this is it 

New orleans loses again  if new orleans should have HIRED Nate Mcmillan from day one 

WOW Memphis is -9 for tonight game. must sweep next 2

8 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Will Jaren play one day.....

I stand by my prediction of 'Not this season'. I think the team eventually says there is nothing to gain by putting back on the court until next season.