The J Crew

Grizz 2nd half schedule

Oh well, they have to make up the 6 missed games. It's gonna be rough but hey, look at the bright side....increases our chance for a higher lottery pick. There's going to be a lot of bad rotations and people resting so I wouldn't expect any stability.

3 games against Utah, 3 games against GS, 3 games against POR, 3 against DEN, 2 against DAL....could easily be 14 losses right there, it's going to brutal

That 7 game road trip is the most brutal schedule I think I've ever seen for the Grizlies. Chicago + Bucks + Nuggets + Clippers + Blazers + Blazers + Portland + Nuggets. What the hell is that.... by the way, our first game back after our road trip is Portland.

5 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

That 7 game road trip is the most brutal schedule I think I've ever seen for the Grizlies. Chicago + Bucks + Nuggets + Clippers + Blazers + Blazers + Portland + Nuggets. What the hell is that.... by the way, our first game back after our road trip is Portland.

it is very odd to go to Denver twice in the same road trip. In this year of back-to-backs, the team has to acclimate to 5,000 air twice on consecutive Mondays. 

46 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Oh well, they have to make up the 6 missed games. It's gonna be rough but hey, look at the bright side....increases our chance for a higher lottery pick. There's going to be a lot of bad rotations and people resting so I wouldn't expect any stability.

3 games against Utah, 3 games against GS, 3 games against POR, 3 against DEN, 2 against DAL....could easily be 14 losses right there, it's going to brutal

No openly cheering for losses please. 

This schedule effectively eliminates the Grizzlies from even the hope for a play-in game. 11 back to backs. 4 games in 5 nights. An incredibly difficult strength of schedule to boot. Grizzlies are definitely lottery bound. I just hope they can finally get the top pick. 

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

This schedule effectively eliminates the Grizzlies from even the hope for a play-in game. 11 back to backs. 4 games in 5 nights. An incredibly difficult strength of schedule to boot. Grizzlies are definitely lottery bound. I just hope they can finally get the top pick. 

Understandable position, but I disagree.

I think it's 11 teams for 10 slots. 4 in the West are probably done:

• T'Wolves the worst team in the league, fired their coach. No hope.
  • Rockets have lost 8 in row, 3rd toughest remaining schedule. Injuries a problem and they are not a deep team. 
  • OKC doesn't even want to win. Horford and George Hill for sale. Fading and already 7 games under .500.
  • Kings also have lost 8 in a row. Probably about to fire their coach. Barnes and Hield appear available.

So I think it's 4 teams chasing the 8-10 spots - the Grizz, Pels, Mavs and Warriors. We are 3 up on the loss column on the Pels. Anything happens to Luka or Steph, even for a two-week injury, and those teams might be done.

I predict we make the play in game. 

8 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Understandable position, but I disagree.

I think it's 11 teams for 10 slots. 4 in the West are probably done:

• T'Wolves the worst team in the league, fired their coach. No hope.
  • Rockets have lost 8 in row, 3rd toughest remaining schedule. Injuries a problem and they are not a deep team. 
  • OKC doesn't even want to win. Horford and George Hill for sale. Fading and already 7 games under .500.
  • Kings also have lost 8 in a row. Probably about to fire their coach. Barnes and Hield appear available.

So I think it's 4 teams chasing the 8-10 spots - the Grizz, Pels, Mavs and Warriors. We are 3 up on the loss column on the Pels. Anything happens to Luka or Steph, even for a two-week injury, and those teams might be done.

I predict we make the play in game. 

The Pelicans have also played more games than the Grizzlies. The way the Grizzlies are playing right now do you think they will lose three more games than the Pelicans knowing we have to play 3 more games to play? 

Not to mention the league and TV wants the Pelicans in more than the Grizzlies. 

And just to add some more fire to this discussion, it wasn't the coach's fault in Minnesota. The GM put together a terrible assortment of players. Sacramento has a decent team being built but hired the wrong coach (GM issue also) so it won't surprise me when Walton is fired. OKC and Houston are questions. Both teams are in transition but have a lot of individual talent if they figure out how to play together. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

The Pelicans have also played more games than the Grizzlies. The way the Grizzlies are playing right now do you think they will lose three more games than the Pelicans knowing we have to play 3 more games to play? 

Not to mention the league and TV wants the Pelicans in more than the Grizzlies. 

Since I don't think the Pels are very good, no I don't think we will lose 3 more games.

Using your theory, the league wanted Pelicans to win in the bubble last August, and they sucked as bad as we did, and they were healthy.  Got their coach fired. Just because the Pels are on TV doesn't mean anything, unless you believe in referee conspiracy theories.

Do you agree it's basically a 4 teams chasing 3 spots scenario in the West? If so, I don't see how your claim that the schedule eliminates us holds water. We're the 2nd youngest team in the league, we should be able to weather this better than most. No excuses. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Never fear, Jaren is here coming....soon....

in a minute....

we hope....

He is ramping up....

And trending well......

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Chip.. Chip...  This schedule wont be any problem at all for Dillon "da Flamethrower"🔥....  I mean more games and back to backs just means, more shots for Dillon....   More off balance jumpers, more wild forays to the basket and more brick chucking 3pt attempts...  Gotta get more popcorn to watch the show...🤣

23 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Chip.. Chip...  This schedule wont be any problem at all for Dillon "da Flamethrower"🔥....  I mean more games and back to backs just means, more shots for Dillon....   More off balance jumpers, more wild forays to the basket and more brick chucking 3pt attempts...  Gotta get more popcorn to watch the show...🤣

The offense has been horrendous without him. I don’t think he’s necessarily the main issue. Our wings are very average and he maybe the best among them at the moment. When JJJ and Ja played, Dillon wasn’t chucking as much on average. The team needs his energy and leadership, and hopefully his chucking can be reigned in.

Gonna be a tough finish. That's the trade off with games postponed vs having to play through them with half your team like the Mavs had to do.

Let me say this though...I love watching basketball, so I can't say I'm too sad that the Grizzlies are going to play 3-5 games every week to end the season.

All these teams are getting fatigued. I think it is why offensive scoring is increasing as the season goes on.

12 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Image result for what was i thinking gif

Knowing our medical team and F.O they give up as soon as they saw this and don't blame them is not worth getting our guys injured.