The J Crew

Grizz 2nd half schedule

57 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I looked at it quickly - don't think I saw any instances of 4 games in 5 nights, which would at least be a positive!

May 10-14, four home games in two back-to-backs.  New Orleans, Dallas, then two against Sacramento.

More significant to me are the five instances where we have back to back games with travel between cities and less than 30 hours between start times.  Those are games where the travel will definitely impact the rest and recuperation of the team.

I think that there will be significant minutes limits on all these guys, and I wouldn't be shocked to see games with 11-12 guys getting into a rotation (all but Porter, Konchar and Dieng).

Furthermore, I expect there to be games like Pop used to do where he might rest 2-4 key players, and say this is a Dieng, Konchar game and Tillman is getting 30 minutes.

I don't know what will happen with Ja though besides a minutes restriction.

11 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think that there will be significant minutes limits on all these guys, and I wouldn't be shocked to see games with 11-12 guys getting into a rotation (all but Porter, Konchar and Dieng).

Furthermore, I expect there to be games like Pop used to do where he might rest 2-4 key players, and say this is a Dieng, Konchar game and Tillman is getting 30 minutes.

I don't know what will happen with Ja though besides a minutes restriction.

Yep. I think Taylor should get out in front of it. Basically say something like every starter will sit like maybe 1 game every two weeks. Or every 10 days. 

We really need a true 3rd point guard for 40 games in 66 days, but giving the 15th roster spot to Porter, and the two-ways to a big and a wing, make that difficult. I would just cut Tillie or Porter and sign a 3rd PG. I really doubt there would be that much of a rush by the other 29 teams to sign those guys, so my guess is they would be there in the summer if the FO wanted to give them another chance. 

17 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Quick question: the draft position is set by the final regular season standings, right? The play in tournament has no effect.

From what I understand it goes by who is in the playoffs and the play-in games are not part of the playoffs. So if you make the playoffs you are out of the lottery and those teams failing to make the playoffs would be seeded for the lottery by their regular season records. 

On 2/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Oh well, they have to make up the 6 missed games. It's gonna be rough but hey, look at the bright side....increases our chance for a higher lottery pick. There's going to be a lot of bad rotations and people resting so I wouldn't expect any stability.

3 games against Utah, 3 games against GS, 3 games against POR, 3 against DEN, 2 against DAL....could easily be 14 losses right there, it's going to brutal

I was just thinking, the NBA has given us all the cover we need to tank without obviously tanking. 

I see a bunch of games I want to watch coming up