chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Washington Wizards - 3/2/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday March 2, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies @ Washington Wizards

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png Brandon Clarke 202685.png

Wizards Starting 5

Russell Westbrook Bradley Beal Garrison Mathews Rui Hachimura Moritz Wagner
Russell Westbrook 203078.png Garrison Mathews 1629060.png Moritz Wagner

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Desmond Bane, Gorgui Dieng, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott, De'Anthony Melton, Jontay Porter, Killian TIllie, Xavier TIllman, Justice WInslow

Washington: Deni Avdija, Davis Bertans, Isaac Bonga, Troy Brown Jr, Thomas Bryant, Anthony Gill, Alex Len, Robin Lopez, Ralph Neto,  Jerome Robinson, Admiral Schofield, Ish Smith, Cassius Winston

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Wizards: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Not so easy any more,  date is wrong MARCH 2 

On 2/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, lions said:

Not so easy any more,  date is wrong MARCH 2 

corrected

Does Winslow start or does that go to Melton/Bane/Konchar to keep Winslow in his position in the rotation?

Start: Ja/Brooks/Bane????/BC/JV

2nd unit: Tyus/Melton/Winslow/Tillman (Konchar or Dieng??)

5 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Does Winslow start or does that go to Melton/Bane/Konchar to keep Winslow in his position in the rotation?

Start: Ja/Brooks/Bane????/BC/JV

2nd unit: Tyus/Melton/Winslow/Tillman (Konchar or Dieng??)

My money is on BC starting. 

Vegas line Memphis -1 this game was go down to the last min -1 scares me 

25 minutes ago, lions said:

Vegas line Memphis -1 this game was go down to the last min -1 scares me 

Dillion Brooks must score over 20pts for the Grizzlies to have a chance to win this team 

The Wizards have been playing much better the last third of the season, winning 7 of 9.

I think the difference is Bertrans is now hitting shots, and that makes it tougher to stop Beal and Westbrook.  The three of them combined for 90 points versus the Celtics. That's out of 110 points, with Lopez getting 10 points.  

So 4 guys combine for 100 points, the remaining 7 guys that played combined for 10.

10 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The Wizards have been playing much better the last third of the season, winning 7 of 9.

I think the difference is Bertrans is now hitting shots, and that makes it tougher to stop Beal and Westbrook.  The three of them combined for 90 points versus the Celtics. That's out of 110 points, with Lopez getting 10 points.  

So 4 guys combine for 100 points, the remaining 7 guys that played combined for 10.

then we need to consider starting Justise tonight..

Westbrook - Justise/Melton

Beal - Dillon/Bane

Bertans - Kyle/Tillman

Play the defensive matchups. 

38 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

then we need to consider starting Justise tonight..

Westbrook - Justise/Melton

Beal - Dillon/Bane

Bertans - Kyle/Tillman

Play the defensive matchups. 

Interesting and who do you see Ja Morant defending in this scenario?

I like the idea of Ja guarding Morrison but why are we allocating starters to cover Bertans who doesn't start? Kyle would be forced onto Rui Hachimura under your idea which I hope you would agree is a player better suited to be defended by BC (they went to Gonzaga together after all and Clarke has a better physicality to him). 

I'd start (assuming Kyle is healthy enough to go) Ja, Brooks, Kyle, BC and Jonas with Tyus, Melton, Bane, Winslow and Tillman as the primary second unit. Defensively I would put Kyle on Beal and Brooks on Westbrook to start and rotate in Winslow or Melton in on whichever is playing between Westbrook and Beale. Bertans can be guarded by anyone as long as they don't leave him alone. 

12 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I like the idea of Ja guarding Morrison but why are we allocating starters to cover Bertans who doesn't start? Kyle would be forced onto Rui Hachimura under your idea which I hope you would agree is a player better suited to be defended by BC (they went to Gonzaga together after all and Clarke has a better physicality to him). 

I'd start (assuming Kyle is healthy enough to go) Ja, Brooks, Kyle, BC and Jonas with Tyus, Melton, Bane, Winslow and Tillman as the primary second unit. Defensively I would put Kyle on Beal and Brooks on Westbrook to start and rotate in Winslow or Melton in on whichever is playing between Westbrook and Beale. Bertans can be guarded by anyone as long as they don't leave him alone. 

Kyle may not play tonight so its a moot point anyway.  It may be wiser for Justise to guard Beal because he should be familiar with him from Miami days.    Dillon guard Westbrook because he has done it before.   If Kyle isn't playing then i am sure BC will guard Rui.  

I would be afraid to put BC on Bertans because he has a bad habit of leaving shooters to double in the paint.  

Surprised to see Garrison Mathews starting in the NBA.  I watched him play as a senior in high school and the people from his school talked like he was more known for football.   The guy from the other team who I was really there to watch is playing in Europe (around 13ppg) but was the one you would have thought would end up in the NBA (Jy'lan Washington) based on that game.

43 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Surprised to see Garrison Mathews starting in the NBA.  I watched him play as a senior in high school and the people from his school talked like he was more known for football.   The guy from the other team who I was really there to watch is playing in Europe (around 13ppg) but was the one you would have thought would end up in the NBA (Jy'lan Washington) based on that game.

I remember Garrison balling at Lipscomb I beehive he took them to the Nit finals.

8 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

No Kyle Anderson? There goes our shooting...

Dillon will pick up the slack, at least in attempts