chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets - 2/28/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Sunday, February 28, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

Television: NBATV | Grizzlies.com

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: None

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas

Rockets Starting 5

John Wall Victor Oladipo Jae'son Tate P J Tucker DeMarcus Cousins
John Wall Victor Oladipo Jae'Sean Tate PJ Tucker DeMarcus Cousins

Benches

Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Desmond Bane, Gorgui Dieng, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Sean McDermott, De'Anthony Melton, Johntay Porter (INJ), Killian TIllie (INJ), Xavier Tillman, Justise Winslow 

Houston: Sterling Brown, Dante Exum, Eric Gordon, Danuel House Jr, Mason Jones, Rodions Kurucs, Kenyon Martin Jr, Ben McLemore, David Nwaba, Kevin Porter Jr, Brodric Thomas, Christian Wood

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Rockets: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Memphis should pick up Cousins, and have a starting line up of JV next to Cousins, with Tillman - and Ja and Dillon Brooks.

The paint would be pretty much secure, as well as rebounds - as Dillon could fire away, he's going to anyway.

On 2/23/2021 at 3:20 PM, Joey Crawford said:

Memphis should pick up Cousins, and have a starting line up of JV next to Cousins, with Tillman - and Ja and Dillon Brooks.

The paint would be pretty much secure, as well as rebounds - as Dillon could fire away, he's going to anyway.

Image result for um no gif

On 2/24/2021 at 4:12 PM, chipc3 said:

Image result for um no gif

I read an article that the grizzlies weren't interested in Cousins, nor Blake Griffin.    Seems like the injuries have made them no longer a physical force, prior to.    Plus all the other issues. 

The article (don't have link) said Griffin has only made one dunk this season for Detroit.

The team should probably remain as for at least the rest of season.

7 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

I read an article that the grizzlies weren't interested in Cousins, nor Blake Griffin.    Seems like the injuries have made them no longer a physical force, prior to.    Plus all the other issues. 

The article (don't have link) said Griffin has only made one dunk this season for Detroit.

The team should probably remain as for at least the rest of season.

Image result for great news gif

Cousins would help the team.  He isn’t PEAK Cousins or even Late Prime Cousins but he can rebound and shoot.  He also fits our brand of Swiss Army Knives who can’t run or jump.

44 minutes ago, KGF said:

So since beating the Grizzlies at the beginning of the month, the Rockets haven't a game since.

They lost Wood in the 3rd Q against us. We were down 70-49 at that point; couldn’t make up a huge deficit. Without Wood, they are a bottom tier team. 

We need this win to get back to .500. I must've missed Grayson getting a concussion last game. Oh well, means more time for Melton who played really well last game. I guess Bane will draw the start, but we'll see. 

Vegas open up houston -1 now memphis is -3/1/2    memphis 109 houston 105

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems to me that Eric Gordon gives the Grizzlies fits 4 out of 5 times.  Well, maybe not fits - but he seems to have more-productive-than-usual games against us.

Raptors just played the Rockets. Raptors game vs Bulls tonight has been postponed due to contact tracing within the Raptors. I'm glad that the Grizzlies vs Rockets game has not been postponed. Go Grizzlies.

13 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bane is getting the start.  

Mmm, wanna see if his ball handling and defense show improvement...  Hell be facing a guy with a much longer wingspan in Eric Gordon or face a shooter n athlete in Daniel House