• 2/28 @ HOU?
    • 3/2 @ WAS?
    • 3/4 vs MIL?
    • First week after the break?
    • Two weeks after the break
    • Later in the season?
    • Next season?

3 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

were too far along with Jaren to think about plan B...were all in for him to return and be the impactful and developing player before his last injury.  Now if he returns and plays like Justice is now showing, then "Houston" we have a problem...but I expect/hope that he will be the glue that makes a Ja, Dillon, JV, Jaren, Allen a potent starting 5...there is no Plan B.  not yet anyways.

I hope we have no need for plan B but I'm starting to worry 

8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

He's still listed as "Senior advisor to player personnel", reporting to Chris Makris. He wasn't fired, just demoted.

So his main job is to proof-read my big boards?

18 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I thought they made him a scout and sent him to Eastern Europe somewhere, like Transylvania. Is he still in Memphis?

He's been seen in Memphis but I believe his primary responsibility is to scout players. He's probably been watching NCAA or NIT games looking for that diamond in the rough and trying to catch lightning in a bottle. 

This is probably Chris' last season with the Grizzlies also. He signed an extension in 2010, got years added in 2014 and was extended again in 2016. Assuming he is working on a 5 year contract that would push him into free agency this summer. 

22 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

He looks like he is ready to return right now.

Why do you say that?

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Why do you say that?

He was at the game

57 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

FO is tanking. JJJ isn't playing this year until new orleans or somebody safely ahead of us

The best option for Jenkins if we go tanking i to ask the team to shoot 45 3 pointers per game ...at this level we may win only 2 or 3 games for the remaining season. And Ja can work on his shoot during the games .

15 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

FO is tanking. JJJ isn't playing this year until new orleans or somebody safely ahead of us

Why do people blame the FO for what is clearly the players failure? JJJ hasn't healed for whatever reason but the FO wants him back on the court. 

11 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Every wing should get between 5-9 3pa per game from now on

Stat guys :

What is the league average 3 point attempts for (average) wings?

* I am sure that number would take player's talent into account

( i.e. Clay , KD, Jimmy Butler, Tatum , Brown, Middleton etc...would assumedly have a greener light than others)

20 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Why do people blame the FO for what is clearly the players failure? JJJ hasn't healed for whatever reason but the FO wants him back on the court. 

People don't want to believe we have a glass cannon. I get it because it sucks having someone who is always an injury scare

31 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Stat guys :

( i.e. Clay , KD, Jimmy Butler, Tatum , Brown, Middleton etc...would assumedly have a greener light than others)

Steph 11.5, Dame 11,Tatum 7.3, Middleton 5.1,...average about 4.5 for average wing...maybe 4.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:02 AM, chipc3 said:

He's been seen in Memphis but I believe his primary responsibility is to scout players. He's probably been watching NCAA or NIT games looking for that diamond in the rough and trying to catch lightning in a bottle. 

This is probably Chris' last season with the Grizzlies also. He signed an extension in 2010, got years added in 2014 and was extended again in 2016. Assuming he is working on a 5 year contract that would push him into free agency this summer. 

I must say...chris is a good guy and has been a great advocate for the home team.

all other things aside, I've been glad to call him a fellow memphian. I think I can honestly state that he has always had the griz' best interest top of mind.

slim.

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Stat guys :

3 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Steph 11.5, Dame 11,Tatum 7.3, Middleton 5.1,...average about 4.5 for average wing...maybe 4.

So, I went and downloaded the data from Basketball-Reference.com, and filtered only for players who are listed as playing some PG, SG or SF in their system. The average attempts for the 307 players from that filter is 3.39 per game. If you just take the middle 100 players in that list, the average attempts drop to 3.15. The question is how do you define an average wing? Jimmy Butler is not your average wing, but he only shoots two threes per game. Grayson Allen shoots five. Malik Beasley shoots almost 9. 

I do understand the Jaren hate but his personality is tops.Alot of the credit has to go to him with our culture and how close this team is.

People who were beating their chests for Jaren not to return until 2023 in shambles

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

People who were beating their chests for Jaren not to return until 2023 in shambles

I always had hopes for 2022