4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i cant blame anyone for not wanting to depend on Justise due to his injury history.   

But can't really blame Justise or Jaren for not being healthy.   It aint like they are out with a hangover or some avoidable ailments.  They are freak injuries beyond their control.   Totally agree that their expectations of him are completely out of whack.   

Agree on Jaren.  His dumb fouling stuff is akin to DIllon's dumb shot-selection.  

Agree with you on Grayson too.  He is helpful as an off the bench floor spacer but is not a solution for starting SG.     Your critique of him unfortunately is also the reason why Brandon shouldn't be a starter right now too.   All he offers currently is around the rim scoring because his defense hasn't been good.   Starting lineup already has TWO guys that do that in Ja and Jonas.  That's why i get so frustrated watching Taylor start him alongside Jonas and sliding Kyle to the 3.   

Right now if Dillon doesn't get his act together then Bane is the best option for starting SG.   However, I can't see Taylor supplanting his step son Grayson to do that.  Remember in so-called preseason how he gave Grayson the most opportunity to be the starter. 

On a positive note in regards to Dillon.   I remember one of these radio guys quoting stats that showed DB was a much more efficient player when he played alongside both Ja and Jaren.   That the sad reality is the 3 of them haven't actually played a lot of minutes together.  So their is potential that Dillon could be better once Jaren is back and Justise is a starter. 

ITA on Brandon as I mentioned in another thread, I don't think BC should be starting. As a matter offact, as soon as Dillon comes back, I'm sure he will be back on the bench but it goes to the development stuff. I think they realize they are not going anywhere so they want to give certain guys like BC, Tillman and Grayson a shot. I don't want to see that tbh. BC is a good player if used correctly, depending on him as a starting frontcourt starter.

Of course Dillon is more efficient when there is another player on the floor that defenses have to worry about. It takes the pressure off of him. Someone else scoring means that Dillon doesn't have to chuck up as many shots and he will take more spot up jumpers with no one guarding him.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Winslow is not a 2 despite his size. He has been a 3/4 his entire career,

its either that our he is coming of the bench....he is not taking the starting role from kyle and 3js is the pf for sure when/if he returns...

56 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

its either that our he is coming of the bench....he is not taking the starting role from kyle and 3js is the pf for sure when/if he returns...

They're basically the same player to me and we need more talent so that both of them can come off of the bench.I'm not worried about trying to analyze which of those 2 should start, it's not going to be the difference between 15 wins or something.  Justise is not a 2. He and Kyle are redundant. Not saying it's a bad thing. Thing is, Melton is similar as well. I don't think any of them are starters unless we get a bona fide superstar.

This is all band-aids, bubblegum and toothpicks holding stuff together until we get a dominant scorer at the swingman position. I don't even think the F.O. is even worried about winning at this point. They want that top 5 lotto pick more than I do.

8 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

They're basically the same player to me and we need more talent so that both of them can come off of the bench.I'm not worried about trying to analyze which of those 2 should start, it's not going to be the difference between 15 wins or something.  Justise is not a 2. He and Kyle are redundant. Not saying it's a bad thing. Thing is Melton is similar as well. I don't think any of them are starters unless we get a bona fide superstar.

This is all band-aids, bubblegum and toothpicks holding stuff together until we get a dominant scorer at the swingman position. I don't even think the F.O. is even worried about winning at this point. they want that top 5 lotto pick more than I do.

I agree. Trying to organize this mess we have on the wings is not interesting to me at all.  Literally none of them should be starters.  A 3D guy who can shoot and a guy who can score and atleast be a respectable shooter are a must to put around Ja.  Winslow's career body of work already told me he wasn't the offensive answer and the last two games confirmed it.   I can respect his defense, but guys who are offensive liabilities are hard to put out there unless you are surrounding them with some really good offensive players (eg. Smart in Boston, Iggy in GS, Brown in NJ) .  You may be able to have a poor offensive player at center that hustles around the rim but that's it 

16 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't even think the F.O. is even worried about winning at this point. they want that top 5 lotto pick more than I do.

That is the key right here.   The quicker people understand this the less butthurt they will be. I just hate watching them waste precious time trying to develop low ceiling dudes like McDermott and Konchar.   

That be cool if they managed to land a top 5 pick I’m not even gone lie

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That is the key right here.   The quicker people understand this the less butthurt they will be. I just hate watching them waste precious time trying to develop low ceiling dudes like McDermott and Konchar.   

This concept will  repeat next year as well. Winning won't become a priority for at least another year after this year is done. Next year will be them gearing up to more defined roles and a more set rotation.  

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

That be cool if they managed to land a top 5 pick I’m not even gone lie

I actually wish that would happen 

5 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

This concept will  repeat next year as well. Winning won't become a priority for at least another year after this year is done. Next year will be them gearing up to more defined roles and a more set rotation.  

If that’s the case at least that will be more watchable than what’s going on right now

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If you are trying to get a top 5 pick, those are the guys you play. Just have to be careful not to let it be a detriment to the players you ARE trying to develop. 

And Konchar aint that bad, one of the best scrubs we've ever had. Advanced stats love him.

2 minutes ago, KyleB said:

If you are trying to get a top 5 pick, those are the guys you play. Just have to be careful not to let it be a detriment to the players you ARE trying to develop. 

And Konchar aint that bad, one of the best scrubs we've ever had. Advanced stats love him.

Kon Man had good advanced stats last year.  Need to check out his stats for this season.  McDermott is interesting.  I thought he was actually ok in the Winslow comeback game.  

If we want to tank for a “top 5” (I actually have Mobley/Green/Cade in a class by themselves) then we better hurry up and lose.  

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

They're basically the same player to me and we need more talent so that both of them can come off of the bench.I'm not worried about trying to analyze which of those 2 should start, it's not going to be the difference between 15 wins or something.  Justise is not a 2. He and Kyle are redundant. Not saying it's a bad thing. Thing is, Melton is similar as well. I don't think any of them are starters unless we get a bona fide superstar.

This is all band-aids, bubblegum and toothpicks holding stuff together until we get a dominant scorer at the swingman position. I don't even think the F.O. is even worried about winning at this point. They want that top 5 lotto pick more than I do.

kyle and winslow are a huge part of the next core...odd my out is going to be JV...also i don't think you can have to much playmaking,defense and shooting on 

ja,winslow,slowmo and 3js is a lock in the starting five

If Winslow keeps shooting 1 of 10 in games, the only place he'll be able to start will be at a rec center adult league.

Yeah I changed my mind on King Justise. I am grateful he is going to help us get Cade. 

Thank you Justise! 

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

if 3js return this season they are making the playoff

I could see them sneaking in at the 8th

4 hours ago, bhoyal said:

If Winslow keeps shooting 1 of 10 in games, the only place he'll be able to start will be at a rec center adult league.

It's his second game back in a while year,  I hope you're not judging his potential production of that

9 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

It's his second game back in a while year,  I hope you're not judging his potential production of that

Of course they are judging his potential production off of his first 2 games in over a calendar year. That’s what we do right?

It would be foolish for Grizzlies fans to take actual circumstances into account, we all about the hot takes round here.   

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

Of course they are judging his potential production off of his first 2 games in over a calendar year. That’s what we do right?

It would be foolish for Grizzlies fans to take actual circumstances into account, we all about the hot takes round here.   

I can't lie, it is quite a bit of knee-jerk reactionary fans around here. One minute they want to trade a guy, then the next, they want to pencil them in the starting five. Wait until the starting lineup is

Ja

DB 

Winslow

Jaren

JV

31 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I can't lie, it is quite a bit of knee-jerk reactionary fans around here. One minute they want to trade a guy, then the next, they want to pencil them in the starting five. Wait until the starting lineup is

Ja

DB 

Winslow

Jaren

JV

Yea i think we need to at least see that lineup a few games before making full decision.    

26 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i think we need to at least see that lineup a few games before making full decision.    

That'll be Jenkins line-up 

7 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Yeah I changed my mind on King Justise. I am grateful he is going to help us get Cade. 

Thank you Justise! 

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

7 hours ago, bhoyal said:

It's only 2 games but dude has a -4.95 PER. That's a NEGATIVE 4.95 PER.

3 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I don't think the majority of people on this board are judging his potential production off of two games. I think they are judging it on the fact that he is a career 9 pt, 5 reb, 2.7 apg guy who shoots a career % of 41% from the field, 33% from 3 and 64% from FT. That's who he is, that's who he has always been. He had one "breakout year" and that was still pretty average. The last time he was on the court for the Heat, he averaged 11 pts, 6 boards and 4 assists which is decent but he also shot 38% from the field and 22% from 3. He kind of is who he is.

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Ja

DB 

Winslow

Jaren

JV

Has anyone really been clamoring to trade Justise Winslow? He is basically in the last year of his deal unless they pick up his option. Who can we even get for him? I can't imagine his trade value is that high after the injuries and a negative PER.

With that being said, I think there are 2 camps around here concerning Justise. In one camp, they think he still has tons of potential and will produce at a rate that he has never produced before in the NBA.They look at the career year he had in 2018-19 and say it can only go up from there and he will exceed that production in MEM. Then there's the other camp, which includes myself, who looks at him and say, he's in his sixth year and even in his best year, he only put up slightly above average numbers while not shooting well plus he has been injury prone.

It's all about managing expectations. The first group's expectation is he hasn't reached his potential and he will reach that here. The second group expectation is, Justise is who he is. The first group may be disappointed or the second group may be surprised, we shall see but I think his track record speaks for itself. Don't get me wrong, I do think he can make us slightly better as he gives us more depth to go with Kyle and Dillon  but I also think he and Kyle are redundant (and KA is playing way better). I also think non of them are starters unless you have a true superstar in the mix so it's a logjam of guys who can contribute but aren't good enough to be productive starters. Yes, they can be supplemental guys who start if you have a true superstar but we don't have that yet.

At least everyone gave him two games to get back into shape before turning on Justise. After all, it's not like he has been battling injuries for the last 12 months or anything.