It's all good ya'll it's his second game back. Next game Winslow will come out playing harder....better....faster....stronger.

I'll see myself out.

Right now Winslow should not be playing top 5 in minutes, but by the end of the season he should be.  Right now, Dillon is 2nd in MPG, and that should not be once Winslow gets his offensive groove back.

1 minute ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

for his teammates. He does create contested mid ranges for himself though.

Dillon's assist rate per minute is better than Desmond Bane's and about the same as Grayson Allen.  Melton, as a PG, is better though.

47 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

for his teammates. He does create contested mid ranges for himself though.

His bricks create long rebounds for the other team to turn into run-outs for fast breaks points. 

But lots of people were doing backflips and summersaults when the Grizz got him and hailed him as the next "potential super-star gifted to us by Miami" (sound familiar?), thus maybe he will end up at least as mediocre as Ennis.

Did yall watch this game?  Winslow wasnt the problem the Starters were.  Go look at the boxscore +- .   The bench carried us plus Ja.   Justise took too many shots but nobody was hitting.  Otherwise he played good defense and contributed.   

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Did yall watch this game?  Winslow wasnt the problem the Starters were.  Go look at the boxscore +- .   The bench carried us plus Ja.   Justise took too many shots but nobody was hitting.  Otherwise he played good defense and contributed.   

Winslow not the solution either, unless the 2 guard between him and Ja is a superstar 

41 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Let's give him 2 months before jump into conclusion. If he remain healthy and able to shoot at his standard, he may contribute.

I agree, not sure why people are so upset over two games

48 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Let's give him 2 months before jump into conclusion. If he remain healthy and able to shoot at his standard, he may contribute.

6 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I agree, not sure why people are so upset over two games

This, unless we have a good trade on the table this is the way to go.

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Dillon's assist rate per minute is better than Desmond Bane's and about the same as Grayson Allen.  Melton, as a PG, is better though.

Yeah but his usage rate is also way higher too. Grayson is mainly spotting up, as is Bane.

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Winslow not the solution either, unless the 2 guard between him and Ja is a superstar 

Winslow was never the dynamic scorer solution.   He was the defensive wing answer.  He is chucking in order to back into an offensive rhythm.  

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

he is the 2 guard

ja/winslow/kyle/3js/jv

dillon/bc/bane main guys off the bench

jones/bane/dillon/bc/tillman

Winslow is not a 2 despite his size. He has been a 3/4 his entire career,

39 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Winslow was never the dynamic scorer solution.   He was the defensive wing answer.  He is chucking in order to back into an offensive rhythm.  

Isn't that similar to Dillon though who you bash? Dillon chucks because no one else is trying to score outside of Ja. JV mainly needs to be setup and therefore Dillon starts chucking it up just like Winslow is now chucking it up. I think he realizes we are weak as far as perimeter scoring does and is trying to do what he can to help, same as Dillon but he's not good enough to do do it, same as Dillon.

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Isn't that similar to Dillon though who you bash? Dillon chucks because no one else is trying to score outside of Ja. JV mainly needs to be setup and therefore Dillon starts chucking it up just like Winslow is now chucking it up. I think he realizes we are weak as far as perimeter scoring does and is trying to do what he can to help, same as Dillon but he's not good enough to do do it, same as Dillon.

I think they are both encouraged to shoot by the Coach.  Heck everyone pretty much let's it fly but ja.  I agree he isn't historically good enough scorer to do that.  But truth is Dillon and Justise are really the only wings that can create their own shot.   So what other choice does Taylor have if he wants to help relieve the pressure off of Ja. 

I honestly think Justise and Dillon will help each other because they will be able to play their more natural roles.    Dillon is a better scorer than Justise and JW is a better passer and defender than DB.  

19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think they are both encouraged to shoot by the Coach.  Heck everyone pretty much let's it fly but ja.  I agree he isn't historically good enough scorer to do that.  But truth is Dillon and Justise are really the only wings that can create their own shot.   So what other choice does Taylor have if he wants to help relieve the pressure off of Ja. 

I honestly think Justise and Dillon will help each other because they will be able to play their more natural roles.    Dillon is a better scorer than Justise and JW is a better passer and defender than DB.  

I agree with pretty much everything you just said but haven't you been one of Dillon's biggest critics? That's what I don't understand. the past two years, I see no reason to criticize Dillon because he's doing what the coach asks but he's also trying to do more than he is capable of doing to help the team. I don't understand the criticism because after Ja and JV no one else is stepping up. I mean, you sure, Kyle may go off here and there, same for Grayson or whoever.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I agree with pretty much everything you just said but haven't you been one of Dillon's biggest critics? That's what I don't understand. the past two years, I see no reason to criticize Dillon because he's doing what the coach asks but he's also trying to do more than he is capable of doing to help the team. I don't understand the criticism because after Ja and JV no one else is stepping up. I mean, you sure, Kyle may go off here and there, same for Grayson or whoever.

Yes i am one of Dillon's biggest critics because he actually has the skillset to be a helpful player.   I dont get mad at Konchar for not knocking down .40 from three because i don't think he is capable.    Dillon makes me mad because he is actually capable of being a good scorer.       It is so damm frustrating watching him take a one -legged fadeaway 360 mid range shot when Jonas is open in the paint.     

My criticism of Dillon has been his horrendous shot-selection moreso than him just simply shooting.   I don't have an issue with a dude taking a good shot.  Dillon seems to enjoy making his shots more difficult than they have to be.     He is actually a good shooter but his shot-selection is so bad that it hurts his percentages.     Like i said I don't want Justise to try to slide into role of dynamic scorer.  Dillon is the most equipped to be that guy on current roster.   It just seems to me that Coach Taylor style has encouraged his bad habits too much and he may be a lost cause now.   

If you see no reason to criticize Dillon then you should be real patient with Justise Grayson and Jaren.   They are all just doing what coaching staff wants them to do.   Like i said my problem with Dillon is his shot selection and court awareness.   I have no problem with his effort, heart, or greenlight.  

I think it should be pretty apparent that Jonas can't be second fiddle because his success does not affect how teams guard Ja at all.    Good Dillon and Jaren make it harder to guard Ja and its probably due to them being perimeter scorers. 

The good thing is we have a couple of days of practice for everyone to get a better understanding of their roles on the team. Hopefully, Justise can get his timing and rhythm back because it did not seem he lost any athleticism. The main problem to me is the bad shots and missed bunnies at the rim. But I'm not panicking this seems to be growing pains. 

12 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That's like primarily criticizing Tony Allen for being a bad shooter and ignoring his role. 

Dillon - blaze away

TA - nope

Warning you man... back off

*two hand floor slap -> FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yes i am one of Dillon's biggest critics because he actually has the skillset to be a helpful player.   I dont get mad at Konchar for not knocking down .40 from three because i don't think he is capable.    Dillon makes me mad because he is actually capable of being a good scorer.       It is so damm frustrating watching him take a one -legged fadeaway 360 mid range shot when Jonas is open in the paint.     

My criticism of Dillon has been his horrendous shot-selection moreso than him just simply shooting.   I don't have an issue with a dude taking a good shot.  Dillon seems to enjoy making his shots more difficult than they have to be.     He is actually a good shooter but his shot-selection is so bad that it hurts his percentages.     Like i said I don't want Justise to try to slide into role of dynamic scorer.  Dillon is the most equipped to be that guy on current roster.   It just seems to me that Coach Taylor style has encouraged his bad habits too much and he may be a lost cause now.   

If you see no reason to criticize Dillon then you should be real patient with Justise Grayson and Jaren.   They are all just doing what coaching staff wants them to do.   Like i said my problem with Dillon is his shot selection and court awareness.   I have no problem with his effort, heart, or greenlight.  

I think it should be pretty apparent that Jonas can't be second fiddle because his success does not affect how teams guard Ja at all.    Good Dillon and Jaren make it harder to guard Ja and its probably due to them being perimeter scorers. 

Understood but once again, I think Dillon is trying to do more than he is capable of doing (physically, skillwise) to help the team. It doesn't always work but sometimes it does and that's good enough for me.

I really haven't criticized Jaren that much. He just needs to  stay healthy, stop fouling and rebound more. If he did those things, he could be a solid #2 in this league but, he is also looked at as one of our stars so he will be criticized more. The fouling stuff is a concern because it's not like many people (especially stars) in the league just commit dumb foul after dumb foul.

As far as Justise, I really haven't criticized him that much. I just think people's expectations of him are out of whack with his actual talent level. He is who he is and we have several years of evidence of who he is. I'm not going to expect much more. The injuries are a concern because they are weird injuries and it has taken him forever to return from. Yes, I think it will help to have both Dillon and Justise. They could take the pressure off of each other but at the end of the day, it's not like they will give us 10 more wins by playing together. It's a limit on their talent level.

Now Grayson, that's another story. I just don't think he's that valuable and have no idea why TJ is starting him. Yes, he can get hot but he is a 1-dimensional player. 3 point shooting can be spotty. I wouldn't want someone in the starting lineup who has 1 skill. If he isn't hitting shots as he has not in the past 2 games, he gives you nothing. He may get a couple of rebounds here and there but those are empty stats that don't affect the actual game. Grayson's defense is horrible.  You just don't put guys who don't offer much more in the starting lineup imo. You will suffer as a team but then again we may not be trying to win so it may not matter.

14 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Understood but once again, I think he is trying to do more than he is capable of doing (physically, skillwise) to help the team. It doesn't always work but sometimes it does and that's good enough for me.

I really haven't criticized Jaren that much. He just needs to  stay healthy, stop fouling and rebound more. If he did those things, he could be a solid #2 in this league but, he is also looked at as one of our stars so he will be criticized more. The fouling stuff is a concern because it's not like many people in the league just commit dumb foul after dumb foul. As far as Justise, I really haven't criticized him that much. I just think people's expectations of him are out of whack with his actual talent level. He is who he is and we have several years of evidence of who he is. I'm not going to expect much more. The injuries are a concern because they are weird injuries an dit has taken him forever to return from. Yes, I think it will help to have both Dillon and Justise. They could take the pressure off of each other but at the end of the day, it's not like they will give us 10 more wins by playing together. It's a limit on their talent level. Now Grayson, that's another story. I just don't think he's that valuable and have no idea why TJ is starting him. Yes, he can get hot but he is a 1-dimensional player. 3 point shooting can be spotty. I wouldn't want someone in the starting lineup who has 1 skill. If he isn't hitting shots as he has not in the past 2 games, he gives you nothing. He may get a couple of rebounds here and there but those are empty stats that don't affect the actual game. Grayson's defense is horrible.  You just don't put guys who don't offer much more in the starting lineup imo. You will suffer as a team.

Yea i cant blame anyone for not wanting to depend on Justise due to his injury history.   

But can't really blame Justise or Jaren for not being healthy.   It aint like they are out with a hangover or some avoidable ailments.  They are freak injuries beyond their control.   Totally agree that their expectations of him are completely out of whack.   

Agree on Jaren.  His dumb fouling stuff is akin to DIllon's dumb shot-selection.  

Agree with you on Grayson too.  He is helpful as an off the bench floor spacer but is not a solution for starting SG.     Your critique of him unfortunately is also the reason why Brandon shouldn't be a starter right now too.   All he offers currently is around the rim scoring because his defense hasn't been good.   Starting lineup already has TWO guys that do that in Ja and Jonas.  That's why i get so frustrated watching Taylor start him alongside Jonas and sliding Kyle to the 3.   

Right now if Dillon doesn't get his act together then Bane is the best option for starting SG.   However, I can't see Taylor supplanting his step son Grayson to do that.  Remember in so-called preseason how he gave Grayson the most opportunity to be the starter. 

On a positive note in regards to Dillon.   I remember one of these radio guys quoting stats that showed DB was a much more efficient player when he played alongside both Ja and Jaren.   That the sad reality is the 3 of them haven't actually played a lot of minutes together.  So their is potential that Dillon could be better once Jaren is back and Justise is a starter.