11 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Some of us watched him play for 5 years in Miami. 

That has nothing to do with him being injured for over a year. Did you expect him to be in mid-season form?

Perfect game to get him back. Team unsurprisingly putting up a dud on the 4th game in 5 nights. Winslow gets some minutes to start getting back into game shape, which will probably take a month.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone cares about the quality of his performance when he clearly will never stay healthy. 

I think a lineup with Melton, Kyle and Justise and Jaren would be very solid defensively next to Ja.

This team when healthy will be very deep and it's going to be tough to distribute minutes.

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think a lineup with Melton, Kyle and Justise and Jaren would be very solid defensively next to Ja.

This team when healthy will be very deep and it's going to be tough to distribute minutes.

i agree which is why i believe there will be a trade soon.   If not taylor will be playing 14 man rotations.    

• Justise needs reps (sure FO wil push this)
  • Grayson floor spacing is needed
  • Bane needs development
  • Melton just signed a contract
  • Dillon gonna play
  • TIllman showing his value
  • BC gonna play
  • Tyus gonna play
  • Kyle showing his value and on MIP campaign
  • Jonas gonna play
  • McDermott gotta eat

Somethings gotta give. 

•  

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

1d21b4cb4b74a335a937b42708f01394.gif

Funny graphics, but Winslow was ok for his first game back in 13 months. He started off BAD but got better as the game went on.

2 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Funny graphics, but Winslow was ok for his first game back in 13 months. He started off BAD but got better as the game went on.

People just want to look good when they say they think a trade was bad or a player is bad and it turns out to be true. So they'd rather the player fail, even at the team's expense, in order to post funny GIFs and look 'right'

1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

People just want to look good when they say they think a trade was bad or a player is bad and it turns out to be true. So they'd rather the player fail, even at the team's expense, in order to post funny GIFs and look 'right'

I hope Winslow becomes the next LeBron.  

My issue has always been more with Kleiman, who made that trade, yet never seems to get any criticism for it. 

22 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

i agree which is why i believe there will be a trade soon.   If not taylor will be playing 14 man rotations.    

• Bane needs development
  • Dillon gonna play
  • BC gonna play
  • Tyus gonna play
  • Jonas gonna play
  • McDermott gotta eat

Somethings gotta give. 

•  

The rotation will be determined before the game with whatever player is most sore being put on the injury report and not even dressing.  

Ja, Tyus and JV will be the healthy roster mainstays. Konchar, McDermott, and Dieng will also stay healthy because the FO is OK giving them DNP-CD. Porter can stay in the Glubble, which is really where Konchar and McDermott should go once folks are healthy (which is probably never).

That means an IR rotation of Melton, Allen, Brooks, Bane (choose at least 1) and KA, Winslow, JJJ, Tillman (choose at least 1)

Just now, The J Crew said:

I hope Winslow becomes the next LeBron.  

My issue has always been more with Kleiman, who made that trade, yet never seems to get any criticism for it. 

I feel like it has been beaten to death but I still feel the trade was right, regardless of the result. They are strategic in their decision making. It was a gamble, and seems likely to have not worked out (still not necessarily the case) but it was a good gamble IMO, regardless of the fact that it hasn't worked out (yet). Maybe Kleiman has gotten too much credit, especially considering the direction of the team changes drastically if we don't stumble into the 2nd overall pick. And maybe he made some mistakes in playing hardball with Iguodala to the point that they were forced into making a trade or look bad after being so confident in the media that they would find a trade. But in the end what they gave up was Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill (im not discounting this - they were great vets and fine players on a team that had good chemistry - but its all relative) and punted on this year's free agency by taking on salary. This in a year without any really legitimate free agent targets, unless you want to throw a bag at Harris/Grant. And I think we can agree that overpaying either of them would be a mistake for this team. 

What they got was a shot at Winslow for a relatively low price (not to mention the 1st round pick they got for Iggy which was the real prize in all of this) and an expiring contract with Gorgui. Winslow's contract is even extremely favorable for the team so that none of the decisions we've made regarding Winslow are going to hurt us long term.

3 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I feel like it has been beaten to death but I still feel the trade was right, regardless of the result. They are strategic in their decision making. It was a gamble, and seems likely to have not worked out (still not necessarily the case) but it was a good gamble IMO, regardless of the fact that it hasn't worked out (yet). Maybe Kleiman has gotten too much credit, especially considering the direction of the team changes drastically if we don't stumble into the 2nd overall pick. And maybe he made some mistakes in playing hardball with Iguodala to the point that they were forced into making a trade or look bad after being so confident in the media that they would find a trade. But in the end what they gave up was Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill (im not discounting this - they were great vets and fine players on a team that had good chemistry - but its all relative) and punted on this year's free agency by taking on salary. This in a year without any really legitimate free agent targets, unless you want to throw a bag at Harris/Grant. And I think we can agree that overpaying either of them would be a mistake for this team. 

What they got was a shot at Winslow for a relatively low price (not to mention the 1st round pick they got for Iggy which was the real prize in all of this) and an expiring contract with Gorgui. Winslow's contract is even extremely favorable for the team so that none of the decisions we've made regarding Winslow are going to hurt us long term.

The 1st round pick has absolutely nothing to do with the Miami trade. And Gorgui's expiring contract is also basically worthless. Kleiman doesn't get credit for paying a 3rd string center over $17M. 

What if we had just kept Jae, who loved it here, and signed him to the deal that the Suns gave him? 3 years / $30 million? We would not have the Waiter's $12.4M contract on our books, or Gorgui's $17.2M? What could we have done with that $30M? 

We are strong at the point, strong at center, two deep at the 4. Our wings are just blah, and Justise is just a guy, average at best, imo. It was too much to pay for just a guy. 

The 1st round pick has absolutely nothing to do with the Miami trade. And Gorgui's expiring contract is also basically worthless. Kleiman doesn't get credit for paying a 3rd string center over $17M. 

What if we had just kept Jae, who loved it here, and signed him to the deal that the Suns gave him? 3 years / $30 million? We would not have the Waiter's $12.4M contract on our books, or Gorgui's $17.2M? What could we have done with that $30M? 

We are strong at the point, strong at center, two deep at the 4. Our wings are just blah, and Justise is just a guy, average at best, imo. It was too much to pay for just a guy. 

The 1rp is not separate from the Justise trade.  We traded for Iggy with the understanding that we'd be getting a 1RP and the ability to move him again. Which is exactly what we did.  And we'll see whether Gorgui gets traded or not, who knows? I'm actually up to put some money on that if you want. And we'll never know if we could have signed Crowder or not. I'd still rather take the chance on Justise than take the chance that we might get to sign Jae Crowder for 3 years . But I'm not going to argue these points anymore, as it is kind of pointless. About that bet though....

The 1rp is not separate from the Justise trade.  We traded for Iggy with the understanding that we'd be getting a 1RP and the ability to move him again. Which is exactly what we did.  And we'll see whether Gorgui gets traded or not, who knows? I'm actually up to put some money on that if you want. And we'll never know if we could have signed Crowder or not. I'd still rather take the chance on Justise than take the chance that we might get to sign Jae Crowder for 3 years . But I'm not going to argue these points anymore, as it is kind of pointless. About that bet though....

Of course it's separate. We have that 1st if we literally had done nothing last February. 

Oh, I'll take that bet. There are plenty of centers getting picked up for nothing. Now add Boogie Cousins today. Dewayne Dedmond still out there. You guys who think $17M backup centers have this great trade value are a kick. Expiring contracts just don't have much value anymore, as is proven every trade deadline. 

Need I remind you that we gave up 3 expiring contracts last year to take back $30M of bad contract and Justise at $13M? Kind of proves the point, no?

It’s his first game in a year calm down. Also the front office is clearly vested in developing talent as opposed to winning this year. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Of course it's separate. We have that 1st if we literally had done nothing last February. 

Oh, I'll take that bet. There are plenty of centers getting picked up for nothing. Now add Boogie Cousins today. Dewayne Dedmond still out there. You guys who think $17M backup centers have this great trade value are a kick. Expiring contracts just don't have much value anymore, as is proven every trade deadline. 

Need I remind you that we gave up 3 expiring contracts last year to take back $30M of bad contract and Justise at $13M? Kind of proves the point, no?

Ok lets keep it friendly. I have $25 on Gorgui being traded before the deadline. 

50 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

• Bane needs development
  • Dillon gonna play
  • BC gonna play
  • Tyus gonna play
  • Jonas gonna play
  • McDermott gotta eat

Somethings gotta give. 

•  

McDermott/Winslow looked solid together.  

Ok lets keep it friendly. I have $25 on Gorgui being traded before the deadline. 

Oh, done deal. Easy money. 

If his salary was $4M, maybe. At $17M, he has to be part of a big trade, which this front office won't do this deadline. 

Oh, done deal. Easy money. 

If his salary was $4M, maybe. At $17M, he has to be part of a big trade, which this front office won't do this deadline. 

Deal. If the loser doesn't pay, they should agree to delete their account.

Deal. If the loser doesn't pay, they should agree to delete their account.

Fine. I mean it's 25 bucks, surely that won't be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

So making a bad trade helps us to develop talent? 

Again, not judging this game, judging his 1st 5 seasons. 

Why was it a bad trade. My second statement was referring to McDermott, Konchar and Tillman who should be in Orlando.