Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers 2-25-21

Best memphis tune dont at me

RIGHT !

Gimmesum had some heat 

TOO HOT for the board! No radio versions!

kids and whatnot

😬

2 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

I’m from the Mound, but Mista Don’t Play is a banger literally front to back. 

“ Project Pat-uh “

💫🤣💫

2 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

I really wish we could send Bane, Konchar, Tillman and McDermott to the bubble because none of them should really be in the rotation right now when we are healthy. 

Like Porter, McDermott is there now, but he's playing all games there.  Given the health of our guys, Bane and Tillman may be regular rotation players in matter of no time.

This is where having the GLubble hurts because if the team was in Southaven with no testing and quarantine restrictions, the decisions would be easier.  Bane and Tillman could go play 24 minutes every week at a home game, and stay with parent squad the rest of the time.

3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I saying 1song set it all off

Show Boys Drag Rap 

or Triggerman for us locals!

Whatever happens to trigger? Remember dj Spanish fly?

1 minute ago, QMemphis said:

I really wish we could send Bane, Konchar, Tillman and McDermott to the bubble because none of them should really be in the rotation right now when we are healthy. 

Bane and Tillman have been positives and have helped us get wins.   Our team is really deep and i see only a couple of avenues to solve it.  

With Justise arrival we now officially have too many "Swiss-army knife" dudes on the roster.   Kyle, Justise, Melton and Konchar are all strong rebounders, can pass, play defense and aren't good scorers.  

Kyle stays because he is the most versatile with Winslow a close 2nd in versatility.   Konchar is cheap so no issue being end of bench guy.   Melton is the one that prob has most trade value and deserves to be in rotation but is too undersized.    

@Dwash was right when he said that having a backup PG as good as Tyus is a waste.   When you have a starting PG like Ja.   Ja needs to get ALL the minutes.  He would be my other trade candidate. 

2 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

“ Project Pat-uh “

💫🤣💫

I remember being in stationed in Japan and some sailors from Beantown loving that album. Even out to Cali 

8 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Tillman may be our best defensive big, and he moves the ball on offense with good passing.  Bane is shooting 45% from three and is one of this season's better rookies.  You really want to send 'em down?

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Tillman may be our best defensive big, and he moves the ball on offense with good passing.  Bane is shooting 45% from three and is one of this season's better rookies.  You really want to send 'em down?

They need to continue to get minutes!

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

Tillman is good defensively but needs more minutes to develop his offensive game. Bane needs more minutes to work on handles and develop of the dribble game. Also gives a chance for us to further showcase Dieng and Melton who in my opinion are better players right now but likely trade pieces. 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Those were the dayz.... Where my Tom Skee Mask!!

Not sure where Tom Skee at but here’s the best jookin video you’ll find

2 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Not sure where Tom Skee at but here’s the best jookin video you’ll find

No way these young'ins can dance like that now -- cuz there pantz too tight now!!!  **** skinny jeans!!   Back in our days we wore baggy jeans!!  So are boyz can breathe!!

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bane and Tillman have been positives and have helped us get wins.   Our team is really deep and i see only a couple of avenues to solve it.  

With Justise arrival we now officially have too many "Swiss-army knife" dudes on the roster.   Kyle, Justise, Melton and Konchar are all strong rebounders, can pass, play defense and aren't good scorers.  

Kyle stays because he is the most versatile with Winslow a close 2nd in versatility.   Konchar is cheap so no issue being end of bench guy.   Melton is the one that prob has most trade value and deserves to be in rotation but is too undersized.    

@Dwash was right when he said that having a backup PG as good as Tyus is a waste.   When you have a starting PG like Ja.   Ja needs to get ALL the minutes.  He would be my other trade candidate. 

If we trade Tyus who do we get at his replacement? Who is out there.  Guess we could trade but when was the last time you saw a mid-season backup point guard swap?  I was actually thinking of moving Tyus/Dieng/Blazers second (and maybe Grayson Allen) to Dallas for KP, Tyrell Terry (I REALLY want this guy) and the Mavs second.  I would also ask for Josh Green or Tyler Bey.  If we do that then I would bring in Jarrett Jack from the G League Ignite squad to be our third stringer behind Ja and Terry.  

We might have enough too many Swiss Army Knife guys but I doubt it.  Maybe teams just need more versatility and depth now.  BUT we can’t add any more guys like that (Tillman is best used as a Swiss Army Knife type. Same with Dillon.).  Any extra pieces need to either be shooters or rim runners.  We probably need to add an athletic 7 foot rim runner/rim protector but that’s about it.  So, after that, shooting.  Preferably a guy who has a shot profile that scales.  We need another player (along with Jaren) who can take 6 or 7 (or more) 3 point shots per game.  

I would hate to give up Tyus, but him and another Anderson/Brooks type for a higher end SG/SF 3&D wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

If we trade Tyus who do we get at his replacement? Who is out there.  Guess we could trade but when was the last time you saw a mid-season backup point guard swap?  I was actually thinking of moving Tyus/Dieng/Blazers second (and maybe Grayson Allen) to Dallas for KP, Tyrell Terry (I REALLY want this guy) and the Mavs second.  I would also ask for Josh Green or Tyler Bey.  If we do that then I would bring in Jarrett Jack from the G League Ignite squad to be our third stringer behind Ja and Terry.  

We might have enough too many Swiss Army Knife guys but I doubt it.  Maybe teams just need more versatility and depth now.  BUT we can’t add any more guys like that (Tillman is best used as a Swiss Army Knife type. Same with Dillon.).  Any extra pieces need to either be shooters or rim runners.  We probably need to add an athletic 7 foot rim runner/rim protector but that’s about it.  So, after that, shooting.  Preferably a guy who has a shot profile that scales.  We need another player (along with Jaren) who can take 6 or 7 (or more) 3 point shots per game.  

Dang i forgot to add Tillman to the Swiss Army Knife list.   We need some scorers moreso than shooters.     

Tyus can be replaced by some undersized bucket getter.   We have Justise and Kyle that can help initiate offense for a second unit as well as Tillman.    

To be honest i think they are gonna just stand pat and give the guys a regular offseason before making a drastic move.  

57 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Best memphis tune dont at me

RIGHT !

Gimmesum had some heat 

TOO HOT for the board! No radio versions!

kids and whatnot

😬

Just found them gimisums the other month.  Dude that's more old school than me that works with me was going crazy. 

I hate that 3-6 got so greedy.  Them, Skinny, Fly, Blacc, 8ball MJG working together coulda took over the nation. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dang i forgot to add Tillman to the Swiss Army Knife list.   We need some scorers moreso than shooters.     

Tyus can be replaced by some undersized bucket getter.   We have Justise and Kyle that can help initiate offense for a second unit as well as Tillman.    

To be honest i think they are gonna just stand pat and give the guys a regular offseason before making a drastic move.  

Probably.  Once Jaren gets back I think we give it a couple of weeks to see if we are in contention for a 6th seed.  Until then I think we hold on to Tyus.  And maybe there just aren’t that many good backup point guards.  

Just now, Dwash said:

Dat fool played Martin Luther King Jr in our school play. 

FYI  you gotta admit the defensive trio of SloMo DB and Justise looked hella good.  

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Just found them gimisums the other month.  Dude that's more old school than me that works with me was going crazy. 

I hate that 3-6 got so greedy.  Them, Skinny, Fly, Blacc, 8ball MJG working together coulda took over the nation. 

Would have truly taken over Fly, Pat and Scarecrow on a Paul Track would’ve went number 1. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

FYI  you gotta admit the defensive trio of SloMo DB and Justise looked hella good.  

They did.  Lots of size.  Maybe the future of the league is starting lineups featuring five guys who are 6’6 and weigh 250.

1 minute ago, QMemphis said:

Would have truly taken over Fly, Pat and Scarecrow on a Paul Track would’ve went number 1. 

Only if Bill Chill sang the hook! 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dat fool played Martin Luther King Jr in our school play. 

They still are terrible offensively which is always the problem with Memphis wings.