Grizzled Vet

What are games like at FedEx Forum this year

Just curious who has been to a game and what it is like this year with the significantly reduced capacity.

I see tonight there are plenty of tickets available, especially because of weather and less than appealing opponent, so I'm curious if anyone here has been to a game there this year.

I've been to a couple Tiger games. There is plenty of room to socially distance and they have people constantly scanning the crowd to make sure everyone is wearing their masks properly, concessions options were extremely limited and at the first game they didnt let you bring anything back to your seat, you had to consume in the mezzanine before returning to your seat. It seemed like they were not being as strict the second game though, I saw a few people with beverages in the stands during the second game. Not sure how different the experience would be for a Grizzlies game though.

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Well that's why I thought the prices were so low.

It's probably good to have those workers stay home.

It starts warming up this weekend. 57 and sunny by Tuesday. The snow won't last long. So go out and build a snowman today 

19 hours ago, Dwash said:

What about when will Justice be hurt again? 

Think positive 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:19 AM, Dwash said:

I’m failing to see what that has to do with how games are at the Forum. If anything I doubt it would be much different than the games have already been

On 2/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, Dwash said:

45 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I’m failing to see what that has to do with how games are at the Forum. If anything I doubt it would be much different than the games have already been

I will take a wild guess and say this was posted in the wrong thread. There was a Justise return thread which I'm assuming this post was meant for that....but I've been wrong before.

55 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I will take a wild guess and say this was posted in the wrong thread. There was a Justise return thread which I'm assuming this post was meant for that....but I've been wrong before.

Well that’s just awfully negative

18 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It's been a couple months since starting this thread.

For those who attended, how does the atmosphere compare this year to last?

Nothing like the past. The games are sparsely attended and they pipe in sound to replicate crowd noise. It felt like I was at a OKC game honestly. 

On 4/14/2021 at 9:36 AM, chipc3 said:

Nothing like the past. The games are sparsely attended and they pipe in sound to replicate crowd noise. It felt like I was at a OKC game honestly. 

That and the meager concessions...

hotdog $42.68

coke (regular non team free refill cup) $27.13

No french / waffle fries

oh - no popcorn either

now - stand / find a table and eat . No food or drinks allowed in the stands.

One positive was seeing the ushers back at their posts smiling and welcoming us back!

Even with all that -> there is no better place in Memphis than in the Grindhouse on any game night watching our bears.

Oh ... almost forgot -> acoustics !

Even from the stands we could hear individual players on the floor and on the bench.

They can hear us too. 

Toke it trips me out in the forum somtimes...it can be when there are a lot of folks or when the place is mostly empty..but every now and then you'll just hear a clear conversation spoken somewhere faaaaaar from you lol.  Freaking magic.