Sign in to follow this  
chipc33

Memphis Grizzlies @ Dallas Mavericks 2/22/21

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I feel you.  I get the frustration with his injury history.   I just don't get it when people are expecting him to be some mix of Curry/Harden on offense and Kawhi on defense.    You should be mad at yourself if you criticizing Justise over that. 

I'm not expecting that, just never thought his skillset was what we needed back in the Iggy trade. Been called a hater for it for a long time on this site.

Justise seems like a great person, just not what we need at the 3, imo. We need a knockdown shooter, to sit out on the wing and launch 3's, and open up things for a driving and dishing Ja. Justise is not that. Again, I'm criticizing Kleiman, not Justise. 

8 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep. Didn't know we needed this 2ndary ballhandler so bad until after the Miami trade, when the front office told us how great a 2ndary ballhandler Justise was. We had Ja, Tyus, Kyle. Also DeAnthony, Grayson and Dillon. When did 2ndary ballhandling become this great need in an Iggy trade?

We have been looking for a secondary ballhandler since Conley.   They have always said that.   Not sure where you have been.  Taylor said he wants Ja to play off ball in order to take advantage of his cutting ability.   That's why he plays Tyus beside him sometimes.      Tyus is too small and Grayson Melton nor Dillon were good enough passers.   Once again none of this is a mystery if you watched the games last season. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We have been looking for a secondary ballhandler since Conley.   They have always said that.   Not sure where you have been.  Taylor said he wants Ja to play off ball in order to take advantage of his cutting ability.   That's why he plays Tyus beside him sometimes.      Tyus is too small and Grayson Melton nor Dillon were good enough passers.   Once again none of this is a mystery if you watched the games last season. 

Watched about every game. Also listened as Kleiman said for months we needed a 1st round pick back in the Iggy trade. Must have heard or read that 100 times. Literally up until trade week, Woj and Zach Lowe and on and on were saying the Grizz were sticking their demand of a 1st round pick in the Iggy trade. Never heard we needed another 2ndary ballhandler until after the trade. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

I'm not expecting that, just never thought his skillset was what we needed back in the Iggy trade. Been called a hater for it for a long time on this site.

Justise seems like a great person, just not what we need at the 3, imo. We need a knockdown shooter, to sit out on the wing and launch 3's, and open up things for a driving and dishing Ja. Justise is not that. Again, I'm criticizing Kleiman, not Justise. 

That role you describe doesn't have to be at the 3 - Grayson and Bane already fill that role.    Last year they tried Marko there early on.   Once again if you look at last years roster then Justise gamble makes sense.   

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That role you describe doesn't have to be at the 3 - Grayson and Bane already fill that role.    Last year they tried Marko there early on.   Once again if you look at last years roster then Justise gamble makes sense.   

Agree to disagree. I've been pretty consistent on this. Would love to be wrong. This is depressing. 

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Not in complete disagreement but what do you think we really need?

Sending Winslow to the D-League might have been a good idea, except that quarantining both ways would have wiped out most of the benefit. 

Somebody needs to tell Winslow he isn't a scorer and just a "ball handler" cause he sholl like to fire that thang up.  23 shots in 42 mins (only made 4)

1 minute ago, TimBC said:

Sending Winslow to the D-League might have been a good idea, except that quarantining both ways would have wiped out most of the benefit. 

To be fair - they were probably afraid he would get injured lol.  But yea i could see the logic in sending him down to get reps in the offense. 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Not in complete disagreement but what do you think we really need?

A guy who sits on the opposite wing from where Ja initiates the pnr offense with Jonas and launches ten 3's a game. With Jaren or Kyle or whoever in the same corner. 

Yep Miami having a great season!!  13-18 in the East!!  Iggy and Crowder out here cookin jokers...  Oh wait...  Crowder signed with the Suns...😁

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

A guy who sits on the opposite wing from where Ja initiates the pnr offense with Jonas and launches ten 3's a game. With Jaren or Kyle or whoever in the same corner. 

That role is filled by Grayson or Bane.   Do you also agree that due to Ja's poor defense we need a really good perimeter defender on the wing too?

8 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Somebody needs to tell Winslow he isn't a scorer and just a "ball handler" cause he sholl like to fire that thang up.  23 shots in 42 mins (only made 4)

DB got nothing on Justice 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That role is filled by Grayson or Bane.   Do you also agree that due to Ja's poor defense we need a really good perimeter defender on the wing too?

Yes. Justise is an elite defender, have never said otherwise. 

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

start revving up the tank, let's go Moses Moody 

Yes sir!!😎

So we lose to the Suns by 31 and tonight we only lost by 10. This is progress said the optimist. 

BS. This was ugly. 

7 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

start revving up the tank, let's go Moses Moody 

If we are gonna full-on tank, then it better be for Mobley, Green or Cade.  

1 minute ago, GameOn said:

So we lose to the Suns by 31 and tonight we only lost by 10. This is progress said the optimist. 

BS. This was ugly. 

I appreciate the effort. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

Yes. Justise is an elite defender, have never said otherwise. 

Sooo do you also agree that the role you want for the SF is actually already being filled by SG?    So in addition to Justise being an elite defender he also is a solid ballhandler and passer.   Which is why Spo had him playing PG before his last injury.   

Ja - Bane - Justise - Jaren - Jonas is a very balanced lineup when it comes to complimentary skillsets.    Bane and Jaren space the floor;  Justise and Jaren defensive anchors;  Ja primary playmaker and Justise secondary.   Ja Jaren and Justise can create their own shots.    

Look i am not gonna defend Justise chucking up shots (i do believe Taylor wants him to do that - see Exhibit A Dillon Brooks).   However, i will go to bat for him when it comes to his defense, rebounding, and playmaking potential.