Sign in to follow this  
chipc33

Memphis Grizzlies @ Dallas Mavericks 2/22/21

2 hours ago, The J Crew said:

It's hard to overstate how bad Porzingis has been on D since he returned. He just can't move laterally anymore, at least so far. They talked about it on the Dunc'd on pod. Seth Partnow wrote about it in The Athletic:  https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2020.html , ending with this summary:

"Unless there are dramatic improvements on the defensive side of the ball, Porzingis potentially represents an enormous anchor on Dallas’ ability to build a winning roster around Doncic. A quarter season is far too small a sample to declare doom and gloom. But there should be substantial worry."

You just never know when bigs have lower leg injuries. Sometimes they are KD, they come back and you can't even tell he's been hurt. And sometimes they are Boogie, and they never get back close to where they were. Porzingis so far looks more like a Boogie. No doubt Taylor and staff have seen this, and we will attempt to isolate on Porzingis in space. 

kd thin as a toothpick...cousion solid as a brickhouse...thats the deference....porzingis somewhere in the middle so who knows

On 2/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, lions said:

looking forward to seeing Jaren Jackson on that staring 5 Kyle Anderson is having a Good year But he is to SLOW

kyle has solidified his position as a starter...DB on the other hand

ja/winslow/slowmo/3js/jv

15 hours ago, absolutegrizzguy said:

Interesting matchup here, Mavs sure have had a lot of rest. What worries me is that in the last calender week we lost by 30+ twice... young teams you go down 10-13 and you have a choice to step it up and get motivated to come back or simply give up and let the lead grow.... hope we play it competitively and don't quit when down when we play a team with a superior roster. 

I think there have been more blowouts this year league wide than any year in the past, from what I've heard.

2-3 reasons:

1 - More teams rely on 3 point shooting, and if it is a night when one team is hot, and the other isn't, it gets ugly fast.

2 - No home crowd.  Without the energy in the arena, teams just come back less and it is easier to throw in the reserves which often reduces the lead, even though it is a blowout.

3 - More games on less rest. More teams on 2nd night of B2B or 3 in 4 nights or 4 in 5 nights.

Also this:

The Grizzlies lead the NBA in assists per game (27.8) and steals per game (9.8)… No NBA team has led the league in both categories over the course of an entire season
since the 2016-17 Golden State Warriors (Sportradar)… Memphis also leads the league in deflections per game (17.7) and points off turnovers per game (20.5).

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

With Dillon still out, do we go ahead and start Justise at SF? We started Kyle at the 4 against OKC, but started Brandon at the 4 against Detroit. Who starts at SG as well? Grayson has been the starter the last few times he's played, but Melton (with Bane at SF) started last game with Grayson out. 

There's a lot of interesting combos we can go with, but I think we'll go with Ja/Grayson/Justise/Kyle/JV. They do have a ton of size since they normally start Luka at the 2 with Kleber and Finney Smith at the 4 and 3 respectively, so I could see starting BC with Kyle at the 3. 

Pretty sure Jenkins said after last game that Justise would be coming off the bench.  But who knows since dillon is out.

7 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

But has she ever broken a hip or does she have water on her knees? 

Knock-knock

Who's there?

Hippa.

Hippa who?

Sorry sir,  I can't divulge that information.

Son of a friggen you know what. I can't get this on LP cause it's blacked out, well, I don't have BallySports Southwest/FoxSports Southwest. They used to do simulcast with a regular tv channel but they no longer do that. I guess I'll do the illegal stream (no, I would never do that, no matter what @I❤️JV says), maybe I will sign up for AT&T streaming and then drop it.  S.O.B.

Oh and the game was sold out (or tickets weren't available for some reason)

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

TANKING

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

need to cattle prod JV everytime he attempts to make a move that requires more than one dribble. 

JV is not off to a good start.