Pistons are in the asset gathering mode, and are not giving away future picks.

I would imagine that any team that sent contracts that matched up and were the same length or shorter, plus a single 2nd round pick would be good enough.

Blake should take the buyout and quickly sign with the Suns so he can start playing with CP3 again.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Pistons are in the asset gathering mode, and are not giving away future picks.

I would imagine that any team that sent contracts that matched up and were the same length or shorter, plus a single 2nd round pick would be good enough.

Blake should take the buyout and quickly sign with the Suns so he can start playing with CP3 again.

Yep. Blake has an untradeable contract. Pistons have cap room now, they will buy him out. Only thing in doubt is how much they will have to pay. 

I know this was discussed in the 2020 FA thread, but I still don't understand the Pistons.

Why allow Christian Wood to get away, but sign a bunch of stiffs to MULTI-Year deals.

I get if they went Sixers route and tanked, but why give Plumlee a multi year deal.  

In fact, if they wanted to tank, why pay Jerami Grant so much money that aligns with Plumlees.

6 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I know this was discussed in the 2020 FA thread, but I still don't understand the Pistons.

Why allow Christian Wood to get away, but sign a bunch of stiffs to MULTI-Year deals.

I get if they went Sixers route and tanked, but why give Plumlee a multi year deal.  

In fact, if they wanted to tank, why pay Jerami Grant so much money that aligns with Plumlees.

I have to disagree. Pistons in a lot better shape now that they were a year ago, or even 6 months ago. It will take time, but overall I like what they are doing. 

Got off the Drummond contract, will now shed Blake.

Signing Jerami Grant was criticized at the time, but turns out to be a great move. Saddiq Bey looks great, just got Eastern Conference player of the week. Isaiah Stewart is a dog, would be a great Grizzly, already a plus rebounder and a tough defender. Even Plumlee had a triple double last week, and he only makes $8M per.

Yeah, I guess they had their reasons for not offering Wood a big deal. But they will get a top 5 pick this June. Re-build going pretty well, imo. 

On 2/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

Kinda strange how CWood and Grant both had the chance to breakout and make more money but probably needed a complete opposite set of circumstances. Wood probably needed a winning team to prove he wasnt an undrafted guy posting empty stats on bad teams and was also looking for some high IQ guards to feed him since he plays off the ball. Grant on the other hand has been playing on playoff teams with great play makers, but needed a bad team with no one in his way to share the ball with in order to prove he could be more than a role player. 

On 2/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

tumblr_loyl3zr4wI1qd2vy2o1_400.gif