Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Phoenix Suns @ Memphis Grizzlies - 2/20/21

10 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

this is very accurate unfortunately. Winslow is a career 10.4 PER player with a 49% TS%, 99 ORTG and -2.6 OBPM. These are things I would classify as not very good  

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

And he was left wide open to shoot his 3rd and 4th seasons, his "good" seasons, because the work was out that he couldn't shoot. Beware decent shooting % on low volume when the D is begging the player to shoot. 

It was a bad trade, we all knew that already. Good news is Kyle has improved dramatically, we hit on the Bane pick, and Grayson has turned the corner. 

Exactly, Winslow is who he is and that is an average player at best (PER shows he's below average). I want the guy to do well since he is on the team but I have no hope. He will have a handful of good games this year and everybody will so "I told you so" and how he's our starting SF for the future.

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Ummmmmm DB locked down Booker in the first game 🤷‍♂️

We all know GTF hates Dillon. He'd rather re-sign Jarrell Martin and start him than play Dillon.

8 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Wait till Jaren's first game, the haters will be out in force

Jaren  is a proven commodity.  He has had a number of 30+ point games and one of 43.    (and tons over 20)

What has Winslow done?

12 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

No, it doesn't. I wish Chip was set it up so "tank" is blocked out like the eff word on this blog. It's just absurd to think we are tanking. But dream on, some of you guys like dreaming if top 4 draft picks that will never happen more than winning.

No I don't want to tank, I just see the value in a high draft pick when you're trying to pick up your 3rd star to compete for a title for years to come. Considering we aren't a big free agent destination so being a middling team won't help us get better. Being bad this year to help us be better for years to come. That simple

4 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Ummmmmm DB locked down Booker in the first game 🤷‍♂️

i am aware but Justise has been a better defender for his career.   This is what i am referring to. You can see his defensive ability even thru the rust.  But Geezus yall acting like a dude coming back from injury that hasn't played in a year to be looking like his prime self is kinda ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

MIkal Bridges is a star in the making, if he is not one already. A true 3 & D wing. 

yep

He won the Julius Erving Award for best college SF.

We should draft whoever win that award this season

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

You forgot about Yuta Watanabe.

At least the Raptors are giving Yuta regular minutes.

Bit of a slow start, but very good effort. They got this. Really missing Dillon out there though

3 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Jaren  is a proven commodity.  He has had a number of 30+ point games and one of 43.    (and tons over 20)

What has Winslow done?

that's why it will be waaaaaay worse for Jaren, mark my words........

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

No I don't want to tank, I just see the value in a high draft pick when you're trying to pick up your 3rd star to compete for a title for years to come. Considering we aren't a big free agent destination so being a middling team won't help us get better. Being bad this year to help us be better for years to come. That simple

Not really that simple. We would have about a 10% chance of getting a top 4 pick, just too many bad teams this year. After the top tier, it's a total crap shoot. Do I need to review drafts? Our guys at 30 and 35 this year are just as good as the 5 - 10 guys. It just makes no sense to think we will lose enough to get a top tier draft pick. That simple. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

i am aware but Justise has been a better defender for his career.   This is what i am referring to. You can see his defensive ability even thru the rust.  But Geezus yall acting like a dude coming back from injury that hasn't played in a year to be looking like his prime self is kinda ridiculous. 

I never said he's supposed to come back on top, I'm just saying that comparison isn't really accurate if you were referring to this game specifically 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

If you tank like this, just straight up giving away games for rest, the 1 star we actually have, Ja, will spring out of here as soon as possible. You can tell he’s ****** out there. 
Jaren is not a 2nd star. Even healthy he hasn’t proved it....only thing he’s proved is that either his body is one of the slowest healing in the planet, or he is soft

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Exactly, Winslow is who he is and that is an average player at best (PER shows he's below average). I want the guy to do well since he is on the team but I have no hope. He will have a handful of good games this year and everybody will so "I told you so" and how he's our starting SF for the future.

We all know GTF hates Dillon. He'd rather re-sign Jarrell Martin and start him than play Dillon.

It wasn't always that way.  He was high on Dillon before, then he changed his mind... as usual.

If this is going to be a 40 point loss, there is no reason to keep JV and Morant out there and risk injury in a game that has 0% chance of sniffing a win.

Winslow should get a lot of burn in this 2nd half, hopefully playing with whatever guys he may be regularly playing with since this game is so out of hand.

JV and Ja should not play  in 4th if this game is more than 22 points.

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Not really that simple. We would have about a 10% chance of getting a top 4 pick, just too many bad teams this year. After the top tier, it's a total crap shoot. Do I need to review drafts? Our guys at 30 and 25 this year, are just as good as the 5 - 10 guys. It just makes no sense to think we will lose enough to get a top tier draft pick. That simple. 

I don’t like our odds either.  Worse, the “big 5” to me is just a Big 3 of Cade/Mobley/Green. Although Suggs looks good too.  Kuminga can’t really shoot and is a good but not freaky athlete.

No way we draft four guys but if we did I will defer to Tankathon and take Franz Wagner then also get Jared Butler, Ayo Dosunmu and Ibou Dianko-Badji as our project shot blocker.   

19 minutes ago, lions said:

i see your back 

Do you have a webcam in his house? That’s kind of creepy..

2 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

If you tank like this, just straight up giving away games for rest, the 1 star we actually have, Ja, will spring out of here as soon as possible. You can tell he’s ****** out there. 
Jaren is not a 2nd star. Even healthy he hasn’t proved it....only thing he’s proved is that either his body is one of the slowest healing in the planet, or he is soft

The worst, absolute worst thing a young team can do is tank. Listen to Bobby Marks about this. You lose them, not just wanting to get out of town. They don't listen to the coach any more. They care about getting their shots, their numbers, not doing the little things needed to learn how to win in this league.

Not to mention the lotto odds have been dramatically changed since the 76ers "trust the process" days. 

Tanking is just so dumb for so many reasons. It's frustrating that some believe in such a obviously dumb strategy.