Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

New Orleans Pelicans at Memphis Grizzlies - 2/16/21

3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Thats the word around the campfire 

But he also thought, or was given the impression, that he'd be the starter, that's how I remember it

1 minute ago, Subliminal said:

Hey speak for yourself, Dillon had an amazing game..

Not with all those turnovers,  but Ja almost had a triple double with turnovers,  

49 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

yeah because he thought he'd be a starter in the big D,

but also we were reluctant to pay him that money, and ended up paying Tyus the same money we didn't want to offer Delon

We should have signed Delon. I wonder, if we could move Tyus, then could we somehow trade or sign Kyle Lowry from the Raptors. Kyle is a free agent this summer and I doubt he will be getting another max contract. He could backup Ja and be a great mentor for Ja for maybe 2 years.

I'm all for upgrading backup PG position. Tyus' only strength is passing and not turning the ball over. That's it.

He's not a scorer, not a good shooter, and he's not a good defender. That's not good. You at least need to be passable in one of the 3 areas. Can't be below average in all 3 areas.

39 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

With a biased NBA ref making the call.

And heaven knows, we don't need any more injuries.

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

But he also thought, or was given the impression, that he'd be the starter, that's how I remember it

Me too, same thing I thought,  

29 minutes ago, KGF said:

I'm all for upgrading backup PG position. Tyus' only strength is passing and not turning the ball over. That's it.

He's not a scorer, not a good shooter, and he's not a good defender. That's not good. You at least need to be passable in one of the 3 areas. Can't be below average in all 3 areas.

Yeah need a scoring 6th man type that can backup and pair with Ja.  Tyus cool for time being. 

3 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Can we trade Dillon da flamethrower for a ham sandwich n get back some wings??🤓

Moses Moody is really good and only going to get better.

Remember that lanky 6-6 Kevin Martin guy who used to torch the Grizz?

I think the FO got too cute this past off-season.

Konchar should have stayed on his two way

Porter should have been released

Tille and McDermott should both be two ways somewhere else or in the G-ubble 

they shouldn’t have treated Josh Jackson like a misfit toy and found away to make things work with him he’s too talented to not have given him a fair shot.

They should have signed a player worth developing on the other two way along with Konchar 

With that spot they gave Porter it should have went to a 3rd pg.

6 hours ago, KGF said:

That's all I'm saying.

I hear what SMJR is saying, he is one of the calmer posters on the boards, and I'm not having a direct shot at him but you've summed it up here without the hyperbole.

Starting SF, starting SG, and backup PG - they are pretty important positions, and we won't improve until we upgrade those positions.

And Jaren needs to get fit and stop breaking down

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

That's all I'm saying.

I hear what SMJR is saying, he is one of the calmer posters on the boards, and I'm not having a direct shot at him but you've summed it up here without the hyperbole.

Starting SF, starting SG, and backup PG - they are pretty important positions, and we won't improve until we upgrade those positions.

And Jaren needs to get fit and stop breaking down

In theory a backup unit of Tyus,  Bane , Dillon Clarke,  and X would be a nice squad but who are where we getting our starting 2 and 3 from?

6 hours ago, GameOn said:

We should have signed Delon. I wonder, if we could move Tyus, then could we somehow trade or sign Kyle Lowry from the Raptors. Kyle is a free agent this summer and I doubt he will be getting another max contract. He could backup Ja and be a great mentor for Ja for maybe 2 years.

Maybe

This is a list of PG who are expiring for consideration (salary highest to lowest):

Conley, Lowry, Schroeder, Party Mills, McConnell, Devonte Graham, Nunn.

Non expiring (i.e. need to trade for)

Smart, Dinwiddie, Delon

I didn't bother listing Curry Kyrie etc etc

Probably none from above are attainable

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

In theory a backup unit of Tyus,  Bane , Dillon Clarke,  and X would be a nice squad but who are where we getting our starting 2 and 3 from?

I know man it's a dang headache

8 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I wish we had a definitive answer of when Jaren and Justise will be back

See my rant in the Trade deadline thread

And I need to correct the record:

I said Tyus got 36/4, that was wrong, he got 27/3, so he is an expiring next season

6 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Moses Moody is really good and only going to get better.

Remember that lanky 6-6 Kevin Martin guy who used to torch the Grizz?

Lord, I hope he's a better defender than Kevin Martin.

Pelicans are a awful matchup but Dillon is just kill in us with turnovers at some point coach has to step in and let him know.

27 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Pelicans are a awful matchup but Dillon is just kill in us with turnovers at some point coach has to step in and let him know.

Tillman and Morant both had as many or more than Dillon.

NOP seems to be the new Spurs for us - the division rival we can't seem to beat.  I was really hoping that Tillman would match up better with Zion.

19 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

NOP seems to be the new Spurs for us - the division rival we can't seem to beat.  I was really hoping that Tillman would match up better with Zion.

That's my issue with the board,  they become Ray Charles to terrible play, except when it comes to DB 

8 hours ago, GameOn said:

And heaven knows, we don't need any more injuries.

I think we need to defund these nba refs...let the players ref their own games and make their own calls...it can’t get worse

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

My goodness yall are hilarious.  Tillman and Ja are high IQ players who had some turnovers.  Of course no player is going to get it right 100% of the time. Some of yall constantly call everyone fickle when they turn on somebody after a bad game but then somehow think we should treat them the same way we treat Dillon, a player who makes several bad horrible decisions night after night.  All of his minor success is built on reckless play. He fouls recklessly which sometimes works defensively, he shoots terrible unmakeable off balanced shots EVERY night, he is constantly dribbling into areas he is too slow or doesn't have the handles to evade.  He does numerous things that are OBVIOUSLY going to fail every single night and in 2 years since being let loose as a scorer he keeps trying them, never making adjustments even on a short term basis during the same game sometimes, let alone on a long term basis. 

This is why everyone is on him because he isn't a historically smart and talented player who messed up a few times tonight like Ja Morant. He is a dumb outta control player with limited skills and a statically proven low success rate who continues to try the same dumb acts over and over and most importantly, he clearly doesn't acknowledge or care about his poor success rate. 

44 minutes ago, Dwash said:

My goodness yall are hilarious.  Tillman and Ja are high IQ players who had some turnovers.  Of course no player is going to get it right 100% of the time. Some of yall constantly call everyone fickle when they turn on somebody after a bad game but then somehow think we should treat them the same way we treat Dillon, a player who makes several bad horrible decisions night after night.  All of his minor success is built on reckless play. He fouls recklessly which sometimes works defensively, he shoots terrible unmakeable off balanced shots EVERY night, he is constantly dribbling into areas he is too slow or doesn't have the handles to evade.  He does numerous things that are OBVIOUSLY going to fail every single night and in 2 years since being let loose as a scorer he keeps trying them, never making adjustments even on a short term basis during the same game sometimes, let alone on a long term basis. 

This is why everyone is on him because he isn't a historically smart and talented player who messed up a few times tonight like Ja Morant. He is a dumb outta control player with limited skills and a statically proven low success rate who continues to try the same dumb acts over and over and most importantly, he clearly doesn't acknowledge or care about his poor success rate. 

+1