Ole Dirty Klondike

Nice Dose of Reality

22 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Brandon hasn't been as good this year, but he's certainly not as bad as that chart would indicate. 

Either way, he's struggled defensively this year in comparison to last year. Offensively it has been rough, mostly because he's been either playing with Tillman or Jonas, two mostly paint bound players. Jaren is the ideal pairing with him, as he can stretch the floor and open up the paint for rim runs and floaters. Plus he was clearly not himself at the beginning of the season coming back from the back injury. 

What happened to, “he raises the game of the guys he plays with?” I guarantee that nobody goes to Jenkins and says, hey coach I’d prefer to play with jaren and ja, because these other guys just don’t make it easy for me to be the best I can be?   U serious?  Sit your *** on the bench young man.

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

In that second unit Kyle starting the offense? He will have to develop into a pg because right now he isn't.  

Really?  Nine assists in the play-in game last season against POR led the team with Tyus out, and an awful lot of that was running the second unit with Melton on the floor as PG.  He will be fine.

7 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Really?  Nine assists in the play-in game last season against POR led the team with Tyus out, and an awful lot of that was running the second unit with Melton on the floor as PG.  He will be fine.

That was supposed to be Melton,  my bad

9 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I was asking if he had Kyle running the offense in the second unit. He put Melton as the starting pg. 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

I was asking if he had Kyle running the offense in the second unit. He put Melton as the starting pg. 

In his post he showed Kyle playing point forward.

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

In his post he showed Kyle playing point forward.

But he also put Melton as the pg, in that scenario is Kyle the only player to handle the ball? 

Kyle played pg in high school and college he only stopped when he got to San Antonio and he became a secondary playmaker. But I think he’s more than fine running the point on the bench unit. 

47 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

But he also put Melton as the pg, in that scenario is Kyle the only player to handle the ball? 

The lineup i had was basically who you are defending.   Melton will be checking the backup PG's and kyle guarding backup SFs.    Kyle will be primary facilitator with Melton and Grayson helping.  

38 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

The lineup i had was basically who you are defending.   Melton will be checking the backup PG's and kyle guarding backup SFs.    Kyle will be primary facilitator with Melton and Grayson helping.  

Hmmmmmm ok gotcha

On 2/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, Lugan Village said:

What happened to, “he raises the game of the guys he plays with?” I guarantee that nobody goes to Jenkins and says, hey coach I’d prefer to play with jaren and ja, because these other guys just don’t make it easy for me to be the best I can be?   U serious?  Sit your *** on the bench young man.

He has similar games as Tilman and JV, ie paint bound. He just uses athleticism and quickness where they use footwork and strength. Most players do not "raise the game of the guys he plays with,” because he is like the 4th option on offense typically and doesn't really create for himself that much. On defense, he was really good last year, but this year he's struggled with that injury at the beginning of the year. When did I even remotely indicate that he would go to TJ and say let me only play with Ja and Jaren? TJ is smart enough to realize that the Brandon and Jaren pairing was a very good one though. Why wouldn't a coach want to maximize skill sets of their players? 

And reality just keeps hitting us in our faces. We're just not good enough. We have Ja and the Ja'ettes featuring JV, that's it. We just have a bunch of decent rotation guys but we don't have enough talent to compete on a nightly basis.

NBA Lottery, here we come!!!!

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

And reality just keeps hitting us in our faces. We're just not good enough. We have Ja and the Ja'ettes featuring JV, that's it. We just have a bunch of decent rotation guys but we don't have enough talent to compete on a nightly basis.

NBA Lottery, here we come!!!!

It might happen or we gonna mess it up and be in the play in games